PDA

View Full Version : Tired Tech Tuesday

Rockntractor
09-21-2010, 09:36 AM
86 F | 70 F Thank God, that's a ten degree drop from yesterday. I stayed up until 3:00 this morning installing Windows 7 ultimate on the laptop that I take with me everyday for work, I used the 64 bit version so most of the time I spent hunting down drivers. Microsoft and dell were of little help so I had to find out the model names and numbers of the individual components and go to their websites to find drivers.

TOTD: Have you ever installed a new operating system? Do you do your own hardware and software upgrades or are you stuck with what came with your computer unless you can find someone to help you?
I always end up upgrading all my computers to be as fast as I can, even my laptops. I partitioned my work laptop so that it will be running both Windows XP and 7 sharing another storage partition.

djones520
09-21-2010, 09:46 AM
TOTD: Most of the computers I've owned, I bought, and threw in a few upgrades here and there. My current machine, I built from scratch. Bummed a case from a friend, and bought everything for it on Ebay. That was an interesting process. Took me and my friend a few hours to get it all up and running.

I don't do tech support. I like to figure it out on my own.

FlaGator
09-21-2010, 09:47 AM
Another extremely nice day in North Florida. Going to the Black Crows concert tonight at the Florida Theater. I'm expecting a really excellent show.

TOTD:I generally do my own OS and hardware upgrade for my desktops. My laptops I basically just to the OS upgrade and hard disk replacements.

Gingersnap
09-21-2010, 09:48 AM
It will be in the high 70s or low 80s today with T-storms in the late afternoon. It's time to change the summer decor in the house. I just recently bought a really stunning fall door wreath.

TOTD: I have restored the operating system and added upgrades although I have no particular interest or talent in this area. Now I try to keep nothing important on my hard drives. If the worst happens, I just restore an essentially empty but ready-to-go system.

Shannon
09-21-2010, 10:03 AM
I'm in a good mood today. :eek: Yes, keep an eye out for those four horsemen.

TOTD: I have no idea what you just said.