PDA

View Full Version : Students Suspended for Giving Bible-Verse Donuts to Teachers

FlaGator
09-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Teachers can give students condoms but students can't give teachers Bible verses.

The most recent clash between the Christian students and school officials occurred Sept. 3 after students left boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts with Bible verses in teachers’ lounges. At least four students were suspended.

Sheila Bejarano, whose 16-year-old son was among those suspended, asked, “My son was showing kindness … and he was punished? What did my child do that was so wrong?” as reported by The Associated Press.

Students had to make a nearly six-hour round trip to get the donuts because the closest Krispy Kreme store was in Texas (http://www.christianpost.com/region/texas/).

“Some teachers are worried about their students giving them bullets, and this school suspends students over a Bible verse!” said Mathew Staver, founder and chairman of Liberty Counsel. “It is outrageous that the Roswell school officials are mean to those students solely because they are hostile to their Christian faith.”

Whole story is here (http://www.christianpost.com/article/20100918/students-suspended-for-giving-bible-verse-donuts-to-teachers/index.html)

Wei Wu Wei
09-21-2010, 11:12 AM
On the face of it, it seems a bit absurd, but still:

Prior to the donut incident, the school was already sued by the families of students for violating their freedom of speech. Christian students that are part of an area-wide religious youth group called Relentless Roswell, which is a ministry of the Church on the Move, had in January distributed fetus dolls with a Bible verse and contact information for a local pregnancy resource center attached.

Goddard High’s assistant principal had announced over the public address system that the students are not to distribute anything without approval or risk disciplinary actions. Some students were held in detention because of the fetus doll incident.

If they were having legal problems because of distribution of messages, I can see why they would try to stop students, and they had fair warning.

Seems overboard and oversensitive though.

Odysseus
09-21-2010, 11:17 AM

Which is what we've come to expect from liberals.

Wei Wu Wei
09-21-2010, 11:19 AM
I also hear if you touch a liberal you'll get a callous

FlaGator
09-21-2010, 11:20 AM
On the face of it, it seems a bit absurd, but still:

If they were having legal problems because of distribution of messages, I can see why they would try to stop students, and they had fair warning.

They were being sued for violating the students free speech rights so the school's answer to this is to violate the students free speech rights again and set themselves up for another law suit? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Wei Wu Wei
09-21-2010, 11:23 AM
Apparently telling someone something they don't want to hear violates their free speech.

Odysseus
09-21-2010, 11:44 AM
No, but if you talk to one, you will develop a calloused attitude.

Apparently telling someone something they don't want to hear violates their free speech.
You mean, like putting a Bible verse in a box of donuts?

MrsSmith
09-21-2010, 03:45 PM

Apparently, free speech is something that liberals demand for every activity they can imagine, but deny to any actual speech they don't enjoy.

m00
09-21-2010, 06:57 PM

No, that would be HIV.

NJCardFan
09-21-2010, 11:22 PM
FlaGator can correct me if I'm wrong but this was foretold long, long ago.

Odysseus
09-22-2010, 10:15 AM

There's a reference to Krispy Kreme donuts in the Book of Revelation? :confused:

On edit: I found it!

Rev.22-2
In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations, and the donuts were from Krispy Kreme, and it was the lamb's turn to bring the donuts, and they were awesome.

FlaGator
09-22-2010, 10:21 AM

Yes, several places tell of the heart of people growing cold and people turning away from the truth. Christ also speaks of his followers being treated unfairly as the age draws to a close. It is suppose to get worse.

On a side note, there have been more Christians killed because they were Christians in the 20th century than there have been in the previous 1900 years of the faith. I believe that the source of that factoid was the Voice of the Martyrs web site.

FlaGator
09-22-2010, 10:23 AM
There's a reference to Krispy Kreme donuts in the Book of Revelation? :confused:

On edit: I found it!

Rev.22-2
In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations, and the donuts were from Krispy Kreme, and it was the lamb's turn to bring the donuts, and they were awesome.

Actually some modern Bible scholars believe that the whore of Babylon is symbolic for the Krispy Kreme doughnut empire.

Odysseus
09-22-2010, 10:26 AM
Actually some modern Bible scholars believe that the whore of Babylon is symbolic for the Krispy Kreme doughnut empire.

I always assumed that it was Microsoft. Or possibly Lady GaGa.

FlaGator
09-22-2010, 10:54 AM
I always assumed that it was Microsoft. Or possibly Lady GaGa.

No. Microsoft is modern day Babylon and Lady Gaga is just a whore.

Odysseus
09-22-2010, 11:36 AM
No. Microsoft is modern day Babylon and Lady Gaga is just a whore.

I stand corrected, but I believe, firmly, that Krispy Kreme is on the side of the angels. Now, Dunkin' Donuts, OTOH... :D