PDA

View Full Version : Phila. NAACP head lauds Vick, keeps ripping McNabb.

JB
09-21-2010, 05:51 PM
Phila. NAACP head lauds Vick, keeps ripping McNabb
Casting judgments on Eagles quarterbacks is familiar territory for J. Whyatt Mondesire, president of the Philadelphia chapter of the NAACP.

In 2005, he caused a bit of a firestorm by blistering Donovan McNabb as a "mediocre talent" who "played the race card" and was "hiding behind excuses."

"You choked, brother" and "You scammed us, man," Mondesire also wrote in a column in his newspaper, the Philadelphia Sun, after the Eagles lost the Super Bowl.

"I said all that has to be said about that turkey a long time ago," Mondesire added. "Vick is the better quarterback. He wants to win and he's not afraid to use all of his assets to win."

In 2005, Mondesire took particular issue with McNabb's reluctance to run, writing that "make-believe racial stereotypes" were no excuse.

"The history of McNabb has proved which one of us was more accurate about his play," he said Monday.
<portions snipped>Hypocrisy, thy name is Liberal.

Two years earlier (in 2003) Rush Limbaugh states the same exact thing and is lambasted with feigned outrage by every libpuke in the country and has to resign from his analyst job at ESPN.

If you don't remember, Limbaugh called McNabb overrated and said the media hyped him because they wanted to see a black quarterback succeed. Never mind the fact that all Limbaugh was saying was what everyone, especially in Philly, already knew... that McNabb was overrated. The proof of the pudding is eventually in the eating as it turns out.

The article is about current praise for Vick but the NAACP guy keeps hammering McNabb to this day about how he sucked. Funny because I don't recall the guy slamming McNabb back in 2005.

Link (http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20100921_Phila__NAACP_head_lauds_Vick__keeps_rippi ng_McNabb.html)

Odysseus
09-21-2010, 05:59 PM
Phila. NAACP head lauds Vick, keeps ripping McNabbHypocrisy, thy name is Liberal.

Two years earlier (in 2003) Rush Limbaugh states the same exact thing and is lambasted with feigned outrage by every libpuke in the country and has to resign from his analyst job at ESPN.

If you don't remember, Limbaugh called McNabb overrated and said the media hyped him because they wanted to see a black quarterback succeed. Never mind the fact that all Limbaugh was saying was what everyone, especially in Philly, already knew... that McNabb was overrated. The proof of the pudding is eventually in the eating as it turns out.

The article is about current praise for Vick but the NAACP guy keeps hammering McNabb to this day about how he sucked. Funny because I don't recall the guy slamming McNabb back in 2005.

Link (http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20100921_Phila__NAACP_head_lauds_Vick__keeps_rippi ng_McNabb.html)

There was nothing to gain from slamming him in 2005, when he was making money and in a position to make donations to the NAACP. Today, Vick is the potential deep pocketed player.

Rush wasn't slammed for being a racist, which he was not, he was slammed because liberals were looking to attack him for anything that he said. If Rush ordered a cheeseburger, liberals would accuse him of insensitivity to something. It's what they do because they can't win on the issues.

ralph wiggum
09-21-2010, 05:59 PM
Different sport, but more weird race crap:

LeBron James and black protectionism (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?id=5596310)

I got really angry reading that over the morning coffee today.

NJCardFan
09-21-2010, 11:00 PM
I'm not an Eagles fan(quite obvious based on my avatar) but I live in the Philadelphia area. I once watched McNabb torch my Cardinals for 4 TD passes on a broken ankle. He took his team to 6 conference championships and 1 super bowl. Funny how I didn't hear this clown complain then.

Oh, and here is Rocky with his Mike Vick chew toy.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n108/Rockhound6165/Petsandstuff021-1.jpg