PDA

View Full Version : Obama: Mexican's here before America

fettpett
09-21-2010, 07:25 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/09/21/obama_mexicans_were_here_long_before_america_was_e ven_an_idea.html

"Long before America was even an idea, this land of plenty was home to many peoples. The British and French, the Dutch and Spanish, to Mexicans, to countless Indian tribes. We all shared the same land," President Obama told the Congressional Hispanic Caucus.

Mexico declared its independence on September 16, 1810. It was recognized on September 27, 1821.

The United States of America declared its independence in 1776.

what a dipshit....up their with the 57 states

Apache
09-21-2010, 07:42 PM
As of May 25th 1848, per the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo, those "Mexicans" became Americans. Learn your history Zero...

AmPat
09-21-2010, 08:04 PM
As of May 25th 1848, per the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo, those "Mexicans" became Americans. Learn your history Zero...

What? You expect the "professor" to do actual research? Why that would mean exposure to facts. Liberals cannot handle facts.

NJCardFan
09-21-2010, 10:02 PM
Obama pandering to La Raza now. :rolleyes: Is there one anti-American group that this guy doesn't pander to?

Wei Wu Wei
09-21-2010, 10:10 PM
He probably meant "latinos" but a mixup like that is going to get a few dozen hours of airtime on every talk show.

patriot45
09-21-2010, 10:23 PM
He probably meant "latinos" but a mixup like that is going to get a few dozen hours of airtime on every talk show.

He does step in it alot lately. The polish is coming off fast!

MrsSmith
09-21-2010, 11:26 PM
The Royal Teleprompter can't save him if the writer doesn't do his homework. :rolleyes::D

lacarnut
09-22-2010, 02:54 AM

I am beginning to think the O is so dumb that he got a social promotion degree from Harvard.

Wei Wu Wei
09-22-2010, 03:36 AM
where exactly is your degree from lacarnut?

lacarnut
09-22-2010, 03:57 AM

Degree in Horticulture and Turfgrass Management at Lake City Community College and 2 years at LSU.

BTW, I don't give 2 shits where you graduated from. Obama needs to get a refund from Harvard though.

What do you do for a living?

noonwitch
09-22-2010, 08:35 AM

Yeah, we had an exchange student once from Mexico. She is really nice, but of spanish descent. She very much made it clear that the "mexicans" were the "indians". My attorney friend who is also of spanish descent (but whose grandparents or whatever came from Mexico) says the terms latino/latina are better and more inclusive of all in that region. So, that is the politically correct term, or my friend wouldn't insist on gringos using it (she's half-gringo, though).

FlaGator
09-22-2010, 08:47 AM

I don't think they were even considered latinos back then so that would be an even bigger flub than calling them Mexicans.

Jfor
09-22-2010, 09:42 AM

Or he probably meant exactly what he said.

Arroyo_Doble
09-22-2010, 09:44 AM
"[O]ur family was there when it was Spain, when it was France, when it was Mexico, the Republic of Texas, the United States, the Confederacy. Our family’s always been in the same place; it was the damn government that kept changing.”

~ Leticia Van de Putte

Odysseus
09-22-2010, 10:06 AM
Obama pandering to La Raza now. :rolleyes: Is there one anti-American group that this guy doesn't pander to?
I would have said the KKK, but after his eulogy for Robert Byrd, I can't even say that.

I am beginning to think the O is so dumb that he got a social promotion degree from Harvard.
It's the affirmative action presidency.

It doen't matter where Lacarnut's degree is from. Nobody touted him as the messianic savior of American democracy. There aren't long, loving press reports about his intellect, his qualifications for the presidency or his brilliant career at Harvard. The media spent the last several years telling us what a brilliant intellectual Obama was, when in fact, he's demonstrated very little in the way of intelligence. He certainly doesn't learn from mistakes, doesn't process new information well, doesn't plan effectively or solve problems. Where are the brains that you liberals keep telling us that he possesses?

"[O]ur family was there when it was Spain, when it was France, when it was Mexico, the Republic of Texas, the United States, the Confederacy. Our family’s always been in the same place; it was the damn government that kept changing.”

~ Leticia Van de Putte
Obama specifically said that there were Mexicans there before there was a United States. There weren't. There may have been people of Spanish descent, but they would not have been Mexicans until 1810, because there was no Mexico until 1810. It's a stupid, stupid error that anyone who knows American history would have caught. If Bush had said something this stupid, he'd have been crucified in the press. Obama gets a pass. Again.

Sonnabend
09-22-2010, 10:14 AM
I find it hysterical that the US is doing fine, and Mexico is yet another fourth world hellhole.

The US would be better if the US ICE agents did their job and started sending the little wetbacks home across the same desert they arrived through.

We have our own illegal immigrant problem, and quite frankly. I am all for telling the UN to go fuck itself.

The next "asylum seeker" boat that turns up should be greeted with an armed patrol vessel and told turn back or else.

The "or else" is immediate arrest, incarceration and forced repatriation.

Wanna emigrate? Go to the embassy, start the legal process and join the queue like everyone else. Come here legally or not at all.

Arroyo_Doble
09-22-2010, 10:32 AM
Obama specifically said that there were Mexicans there before there was a United States.

Well, America anyway. I figure he was probably talking about The United States, though.

There weren't. There may have been people of Spanish descent, but they would not have been Mexicans until 1810, because there was no Mexico until 1810.

Well, there wasn't a United States in its present form until the 1950's but sure, why not?

It's a stupid, stupid error that anyone who knows American history would have caught.

Yea. 57 states and all that.

If Bush had said something this stupid, he'd have been crucified in the press.

Doubtful. Maybe a few laughs for lefty bloggity blog and douchebags on MSNBC but hardly a crucifiction.

Obama gets a pass. Again.

Well good thing we have you around to get outraged, eh?

Odysseus
09-22-2010, 11:10 AM
Well, America anyway. I figure he was probably talking about The United States, though. Well, there wasn't a United States in its present form until the 1950's but sure, why not?
Now that's a lawyerly hair-splitting that would make Bill Clinton blush. Since not all of the current fifty states were states until 1950, it's accurate to say that "Long before America was even an idea, this land of plenty was home to...Mexicans?"

Doubtful. Maybe a few laughs for lefty bloggity blog and douchebags on MSNBC but hardly a crucifiction.?
The mainstream media took great pleasure in insulting Bush's intelligence. Something like this would have been referenced repeatedly.

Well good thing we have you around to get outraged, eh?
Let me ask you something. Doesn't it bother you that you were sold a bill of goods by the media? That they not only avoided asking tough questions about Obama's background and positions, but conspired to prevent others from doing so, in order to keep you in the dark as to who and what you were voting for? That they covered up embarrassing or questionable aspects of his past, including his having associated with anti-American radicals? Doesn't it bother you at all that you were repeatedly told what a brilliant, erudite, capable candidate he was, when the facts, which are only now coming out, show that he was a mediocrity at best? Doesn't being lied to, over and over and over again, by people whose job is to tell you the truth, and who wrap themselves in the mantle of defenders of democracy whenever their bias is brought to light, offend you? And if not, why not?

AmPat
09-22-2010, 12:01 PM

What has this got to do with the apparent low IQ and/or knowledge level of the Teleprompter-In-Chief? Are you suggesting that his Ivy League Education makes him intelligent?

When O Blah Blah backs it up instead of hiding his records, I'll believe it. To me, he is the great pretender propped up by his adoring Lemmings,,,like you.

Arroyo_Doble
09-22-2010, 12:33 PM
Now that's a lawyerly hair-splitting that would make Bill Clinton blush. Since not all of the current fifty states were states until 1950, it's accurate to say that "Long before America was even an idea, this land of plenty was home to...Mexicans?"

"[L]awyerly hair-splitting that would make Bill Clinton blush" would be to point out that the time when America wasn't an idea was even before Spanish, Dutch, ect... were here. Only the various Indian tribes count and even then, it would before the European idea of America. Obviously, Indians thought about the ground under their feet all the time.

Regardless, it was just Obama throwing a rhetorical shout out to Hispanics in my opinion. I don't believe it was a history error; I think it was minor pandering to a demographic being courted.

The mainstream media took great pleasure in insulting Bush's intelligence. Something like this would have been referenced repeatedly.

I disagree. I doubt anyone past Keef would even make the distinction.

Let me ask you something. Doesn't it bother you that you were sold a bill of goods by the media?

I have some issues with the media. But I realize their goal is to sell eyeballs so I generally keep that in mind when consuming their product.

That they not only avoided asking tough questions about Obama's background and positions, but conspired to prevent others from doing so, in order to keep you in the dark as to who and what you were voting for?

I whole heartedly disagree with that. Obama was poured over with a fine toothed comb. Good Lord, the man ended up linking to a copy of his birth certificate.

That they covered up embarrassing or questionable aspects of his past, including his having associated with anti-American radicals?

Who covered it up? Ayers was brought up in nationally televised debates and Reverend Wright dominated the news for a freaking month. Unless you are going to pull some kook conspiracy nonsense out, I don't think you can say with a straight face his connections to so-called anti-American radicals were covered up.

Doesn't it bother you at all that you were repeatedly told what a brilliant, erudite, capable candidate he was, when the facts, which are only now coming out, show that he was a mediocrity at best?

I reject your premise entirely. If anything, his reputation was pumped as an inspiring and visionary individual when it turns out he is a straight forward pragmatist.

Doesn't being lied to, over and over and over again, by people whose job is to tell you the truth, and who wrap themselves in the mantle of defenders of democracy whenever their bias is brought to light, offend you?

I would ask you the same question. Perhaps you should examine your own credulity before questioning mine.

http://fightinwordsusa.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/propaganda_minister.jpg

Odysseus
09-22-2010, 04:12 PM
"[L]awyerly hair-splitting that would make Bill Clinton blush" would be to point out that the time when America wasn't an idea was even before Spanish, Dutch, ect... were here. Only the various Indian tribes count and even then, it would before the European idea of America. Obviously, Indians thought about the ground under their feet all the time.
The Indians didn't think of the ground under their feet as the foundation of a constitutional republic. Again, you're hair-splitting.

"[Regardless, it was just Obama throwing a rhetorical shout out to Hispanics in my opinion. I don't believe it was a history error; I think it was minor pandering to a demographic being courted.
He could have pandered to Mexicans without being a dolt, although it seems to be difficult for him, as he is constantly putting his teleprompter's foot in his mouth.

I disagree. I doubt anyone past Keef would even make the distinction.
How often did we hear about how he was "misunderestimated"? There are currently 60 books of "Bushisms" on Amazon, and the authors run the gamut of liberal media personalities (or what passes for personalities), to include Molly Ivins, Al Franken, Andrew Sullivan, Jacob Weisberg and Calvin Trillin. Trashing Bush would have been a cottage industry on the left, but they don't live in cottages, so it was a Manhattan Condo/LA gated community industry.

I have some issues with the media. But I realize their goal is to sell eyeballs so I generally keep that in mind when consuming their product.
Funny how people keep saying that the media is only interested in making money, but continues to slant news in such a way that they lose it hand over fist. The viewership of the major network news shows, plus CNN and MSNBC, and the circulation of the major papers, are all in freefall, and the one successful model out there is conservative media, yet none of the MSM shows, stations or papers will acknowledge conservative views, except to trash them. Either the media moguls are the least competent business people ever seen, or they are ideologically committed to a message that nobody but them wants.

I whole heartedly disagree with that. Obama was poured over with a fine toothed comb.
So, you deny that representatives of the major media outlets conspired on Journolist to suppress the Jeremiah Wright story by smearing anyone who asked questions about it as a racist? Or that they disseminated talking points in collusion with his campaign staff? You believe that Obama has been thoroughly vetted by the Media? No problem. Let's look at how much you actually know about the man:

What was his GPA at Harvard? (we know Gore's, Bush's and Kerry's)
What were his accomplishments in editing the Law Review? Did he write anythng for it? If not, how did he come to be the editor?
What church did he attend in Indonesia? Did he go to church? Did he pray in a mosque?
What languages, other than English, does he speak?
Who were his heroes as a young man?
What is his IQ? (the media repeatedly told us it was "high," but it seems more like he was).
What did he do as a community organizer?
Where has he practiced law?
Name one piece of legislation that bears his name?
What was his greatest accomplishment in the Illinois legislature?

Good Lord, the man ended up linking to a copy of his birth certificate.
Except that it wasn't an image of the original document, which is one of the reasons that so many people wonder about the circumstances of his birth. And before you accuse me of being a birther, I will point out that John McCain was also taken to court to provide his birth records and prove that the US Naval Base in Panama constituted sovereign US territory, while Obama has steadfastly refused to release his original documents.

Who covered it up? Ayers was brought up in nationally televised debates and Reverend Wright dominated the news for a freaking month. Unless you are going to pull some kook conspiracy nonsense out, I don't think you can say with a straight face his connections to so-called anti-American radicals were covered up.
I guess you missed that whole Journolist thing.

I reject your premise entirely. If anything, his reputation was pumped as an inspiring and visionary individual when it turns out he is a straight forward pragmatist.
You can reject anything that you like, but in between the messianic nonsense, the media also told us about how smart, capable and brilliant he was. It's now obvious that they certainly wanted him to be all of those things, just as they wanted Palin to be an idiot (and no, she's not one), but that story turns out to be as false as the rest of their narrative about him. And, for the love of sanity, what, if anything, is pragmatic about Obama? Everything that he has done points to a dilletante who cannot be bothered with the details of governing, and who is openly hostile to criticism.

I would ask you the same question. Perhaps you should examine your own credulity before questioning mine.
I'm not questioning your credulity. I assume that you know that you're being lied to. I'm asking if you resent it. In my profession, lying can get you thrown out of your job. I have as yet to see a journalist get fired for reporting a blatant falsehood.

http://fightinwordsusa.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/propaganda_minister.jpg
Yeah, ...and...?

Arroyo_Doble
09-22-2010, 04:59 PM
The Indians didn't think of the ground under their feet as the foundation of a constitutional republic. Again, you're hair-splitting.

Yes. That was the joke.

He could have pandered to Mexicans without being a dolt,

I suppose.

although it seems to be difficult for him, as he is constantly putting his teleprompter's foot in his mouth.

Yea, yea. Obama bad.

How often did we hear about how he was "misunderestimated"? There are currently 60 books of "Bushisms" on Amazon, and the authors run the gamut of liberal media personalities (or what passes for personalities), to include Molly Ivins, Al Franken, Andrew Sullivan, Jacob Weisberg and Calvin Trillin. Trashing Bush would have been a cottage industry on the left, but they don't live in cottages, so it was a Manhattan Condo/LA gated community industry.

It was schtick. That's all. He wasn't crucified; he was the victim of satire. Just like every freaking president and king and leader since man crawled out of the slime. You cry like a little schoolgirl over a boo-boo.

Funny how people keep saying that the media is only interested in making money, but continues to slant news in such a way that they lose it hand over fist. The viewership of the major network news shows, plus CNN and MSNBC, and the circulation of the major papers, are all in freefall, and the one successful model out there is conservative media, yet none of the MSM shows, stations or papers will acknowledge conservative views, except to trash them. Either the media moguls are the least competent business people ever seen, or they are ideologically committed to a message that nobody but them wants.

So you think there is room for another factish infotainment cable network like Fox News? It is possible, I suppose. I think Kelse Grammer (sp?) is starting one up. I doubt there is room for another MSNBC, though. As far as the implication that everything is somehow "liberal," except for Fox, I will just refer you to the picture I posted.

So, you deny that representatives of the major media outlets conspired on Journolist to suppress the Jeremiah Wright story by smearing anyone who asked questions about it as a racist?

If they did, it didn't work so ........ OK.

Or that they disseminated talking points in collusion with his campaign staff?

Candidates coordinating with the Media? Shocking!

You believe that Obama has been thoroughly vetted by the Media?

Yes.

No problem. Let's look at how much you actually know about the man:

Let's.

What was his GPA at Harvard? (we know Gore's, Bush's and Kerry's)

Beats me.

What were his accomplishments in editing the Law Review?

I'm not even sure I understand the question. Are you asking if the punctuation improved?

Did he write anythng for it?

Don't know.

If not, how did he come to be the editor?

I believe it was voted on. He had a majority support. According to the Frontline piece before the election, I believe his support was politically broad. I would have to review the transcript, though.

What church did he attend in Indonesia?

Couldn't tell you.

Did he go to church?

I have no idea.

Did he pray in a mosque?

Here we go ....

What languages, other than English, does he speak?

I don't know ... fortran?

Who were his heroes as a young man?

I didn't read his books.

What is his IQ? (the media repeatedly told us it was "high," but it seems more like he was).

I have no idea. To be fair, I don't know anyone's IQ but my own so it may just be a lack of curiousity on my part.

What did he do as a community organizer?

I remember reading about it but didn't really commit it to memory. It just seemed like generic politics stuff someone wanting to "make a difference" did instead of an actual job like teaching or being a police officer.

Where has he practiced law?

Illinois.

Name one piece of legislation that bears his name?

I don't know of any.

What was his greatest accomplishment in the Illinois legislature?

Are you asking for my opinion? I would say his actions regarding capital punishment. He may have a different view.

Kind of a silly list except the last few and the "mosque" stuff is kookville.

Except that it wasn't an image of the original document,

I have officially stopped taking you seriously.

Odysseus
09-22-2010, 07:38 PM
" Regardless, it was just Obama throwing a rhetorical shout out to Hispanics in my opinion. I don't believe it was a history error; I think it was minor pandering to a demographic being courted.
Whether you believe it or not, it was a historical error, since it was demonstrably false. The fact that it was pandering simply compounds it and creates the impression that he will say anything to ingratiate himself to his audience, except tell unpleasant truths.

Yea, yea. Obama bad.
Yes. Very bad. And incompetent, ideologically out of sync with America, and committed to a disastrous course of action in every area of his administration. We agree.

It was schtick. That's all. He wasn't crucified; he was the victim of satire. Just like every freaking president and king and leader since man crawled out of the slime. You cry like a little schoolgirl over a boo-boo.
Oh, please. Obama complains that he's talked about like a dog, but the press treated Bush the way that a dog treats a fire hydrant. Of the two, Bush had the thicker skin (and I'm not referring to the color of it, so try not to make that into a racial issue), and took much worse abuse with far greater grace.

So you think there is room for another factish infotainment cable network like Fox News? It is possible, I suppose. I think Kelse Grammer (sp?) is starting one up. I doubt there is room for another MSNBC, though. As far as the implication that everything is somehow "liberal," except for Fox, I will just refer you to the picture I posted.
Ah, yes. "Factish infotainment." Funny thing, though. When I was in Iraq, I sat in on the daily briefings to our CG, and got a pretty good idea of what was going on in theater. I also used to see Fox and CNN, as well as read the online editions of various newspapers. After a while, I saw a few patterns emerge. The TV network that invariably got the facts wrong was CNN, and the papers were the NY Times and Washington Post, with the LA Times up there as well, but what was interesting is that every mistake, omission or deviation from what we reported through our chain invariably came down against us. By that, I mean that the media invariably slanted the news to make us look bad. Fox made some errors, too, but they were evenhanded. Some worked in our favor, some didn't, but what came across was that they were trying to get the stories right, whereas the MSM institutions were just playing gotcha with us.

If they did, it didn't work so ........ OK.
It worked well enough to discourage serious inquiries into Wright's background and sermons, many of which were available in the church store on DVD.

Candidates coordinating with the Media? Shocking!
Not coordinating, conspiring. Journolist wasn't open to McCain staffers, just Obama's. And this was in spite of the rules that only working journalists were supposed to be on the site.

Beats me.
I'm not even sure I understand the question. Are you asking if the punctuation improved?
Don't know.
I believe it was voted on. He had a majority support. According to the Frontline piece before the election, I believe his support was politically broad. I would have to review the transcript, though.
Couldn't tell you.
I have no idea.
I don't know ... fortran?
I didn't read his books.
I don't know of any.
In other words, you have no clue. You voted for a man that you know next to nothing about.
The question on the Law Review accomplishments is simple. What dd Obama accomplish as editor? What editorial changes did he make? Did he direct the staff to examine any particular issues? Did he solicit articles on critical legal decisions? What impact did he have?

Here we go ....

I have no idea. To be fair, I don't know anyone's IQ but my own so it may just be a lack of curiousity on my part.
Or maybe the media, which repeatedly touted his high IQ, was just projecting. But project they did. Here's the transcript of a hilarious exchange between Michael Beschloss and Don Imus on the subject:

Historian Michael Beschloss: Yeah. Even aside from the fact of electing the first African American President and whatever one’s partisan views this is a guy whose IQ is off the charts — I mean you cannot say that he is anything but a very serious and capable leader and — you know — You and I have talked about this for years …

Imus: Well. What is his IQ?

Historian Michael Beschloss: … our system doesn’t allow those people to become President, those people meaning people THAT smart and THAT capable

Imus: What is his IQ?

Historian Michael Beschloss: Pardon?

Imus: What is his IQ?

Historian Michael Beschloss: Uh. I would say it’s probably - he’s probably the smartest guy ever to become President.

Imus: That’s not what I asked you. I asked you what his IQ was.

Historian Michael Beschloss: You know that I don’t know and I’d have to find someone with more expertise …

Imus: You don’t know.

Historian Michael Beschloss: What do YOU think it is?

Imus: I don’t know. Well mine is 164. I don’t know what that means but it’s a little higher than normal I guess.

Historian Michael Beschloss: Well it’s way beyond genius which does not surprise me.

Imus: It surpprised a lot of people when we took it.

Historian Michael Beschloss: Well it doesn’t surprise me.
So, here's Beschloss, a historian and author, telling us that Obama's IQ is off the charts, but that he doesn't know what it is. It must be really high if he can't find it.

I remember reading about it but didn't really commit it to memory. It just seemed like generic politics stuff someone wanting to "make a difference" did instead of an actual job like teaching or being a police officer.
And yet, that was the only job he ever held outside of being an elected official. We were repeatedly told how important it was, and yet, you don't know what he did beyond the most generic description. Doesn't that strike you as odd? Especially given what we know about the employment histories of every other presidential candidate since Kennedy? Aren't you the least bit curious?

Illinois.
Funny. :rolleyes: How about the law firm? What was his specialty as a lawyer? Was he a junior partner? Associate? Did he ever try a case? Argue one? What was his record as an attorney?

Are you asking for my opinion? I would say his actions regarding capital punishment. He may have a different view.
No, I'm asking for facts. What do you know about him? John McCain would probably say that his greatest accomplishment was his command of an aviation squadron after coming back from Vietnam. George W. Bush would probably say that it was turning his life around, kicking the booze and becoming a Christian. But I'm making educated guesses based on the fact that these guys had a track record. Doesn't the fact that Obama's past is a cipher bother you at all?

Kind of a silly list except the last few and the "mosque" stuff is kookville.
People interviewed about his childhood in Kenya have stated that he was a Muslim. I don't know if it's true or not, because the US media displayed a singular lack of interest in the religious background of the man that they foisted on the public. However, AP provided a photo of his school registration, which listed him as a Muslim. See below:
http://www.wnd.com/images/ObamaIndonesia.jpg
Now, Obama has denied that he ever practiced Islam, but here is evidence to the contrary. Does that mean that he is currently a Muslim? No, it's entirely possible that he isn't, and I've stated that I believe that he lacks any religious convictions except for his worship of himself. But wouldn't it have been nice if the media had actually investigated this contradictory evidence instead of telling us what idiots we were for expecting them to do their jobs? Do you not see that by shielding Obama from any scrutiny, the media has empowered the conspiracy theorists by creating an information vacuum?
[QUOTE=Arroyo_Doble;316063]I have officially stopped taking you seriously.
Do I get a certificate with that, it being official and everything.
Nevermind. It's not like I ever took you seriously.

fettpett
09-22-2010, 07:51 PM
Well, America anyway. I figure he was probably talking about The United States, though.

Well, there wasn't a United States in its present form until the 1950's but sure, why not?

um...the Current Government of the United States of America (to whom the Obaidiot was referring) has been in place since 1796.

Mexico gained it's Independence in 1821 and it's current government was put in place in 1917, prior to that they weren't Mexican's they were Spanish, just as American's were British

Kay
09-22-2010, 11:08 PM
Well all I know is it doesn't matter who was here first.
We whipped their ass at the Alamo.
And then we whipped the Indians,
the Spanish, French, Dutch and British too.
We won the land with blood sweat and tears. They lost it.

Until the time comes that somebody whips our ass and takes it from us,
we get to make the rules. End of story. Barry however, would like us to
just hand it back over to any and everybody that wants it.

Arroyo_Doble
09-23-2010, 08:48 AM
Whether you believe it or not, it was a historical error, since it was demonstrably false.

OK.

The fact that it was pandering simply compounds it and creates the impression that he will say anything to ingratiate himself to his audience, except tell unpleasant truths.

Not unusual for a politician but I consider it clumsy and naked pandering. If you are expecting me to think the guy is perfect, tough shit. Otherwise, I am not going to go all batshit crazy when the guy makes a mistake or is being obviously political. Have fun with it. You betcha.

Yes. Very bad.

I know. People are all in a freak out over it.

And incompetent,

I disagree.

ideologically out of sync with America, and committed to a disastrous course of action in every area of his administration.

Oh noes! Someone we didn't want to get elected got elected!! What do we do!!!!!?????

Whatever.

Oh, please. Obama complains that he's talked about like a dog,

Because he is (see above ... and I thought yours was mild).

but the press treated Bush the way that a dog treats a fire hydrant.

Bullshit. I mean an outright, aggressive untruth.

Of the two, Bush had the thicker skin ... and took much worse abuse with far greater grace.

Yea. AM radio and one network was riding his ass the whole time telling the world what a scary Muslim, Kenyan born, communist he was and how he is secretly trying to destroy the United States, take all your guns, and forever end the designated hitter rule

OK. I made that last one up. But you get the point .... probably not. You appear to have zero ability to see past your own pathetic bias.

Ah, yes. "Factish infotainment." Funny thing, though. When I was in Iraq, I sat in on the daily briefings to our CG, and got a pretty good idea of what was going on in theater. I also used to see Fox and CNN, as well as read the online editions of various newspapers. After a while, I saw a few patterns emerge. The TV network that invariably got the facts wrong was CNN, and the papers were the NY Times and Washington Post, with the LA Times up there as well, but what was interesting is that every mistake, omission or deviation from what we reported through our chain invariably came down against us. By that, I mean that the media invariably slanted the news to make us look bad. Fox made some errors, too, but they were evenhanded. Some worked in our favor, some didn't, but what came across was that they were trying to get the stories right, whereas the MSM institutions were just playing gotcha with us.

Everyone has their own perception of things, I suppose.

It worked well enough to discourage serious inquiries into Wright's background and sermons, many of which were available in the church store on DVD.

Rev. Wright's blowback argument was played on a loop for a fucking month. You are full of shit. If there were anything else at this supposed store, it was poured over with a fined toothed comb. The reason you didn't see anything else is because it did not exist. You got all the "scary black man" that supposed store had to offer.

And you blame the media that was salivating at the prospect of more stuff. You are a piece of work.

Not coordinating, conspiring. Journolist wasn't open to McCain staffers, just Obama's. And this was in spite of the rules that only working journalists were supposed to be on the site.

I think you are heading into CT territory. See ya on the other side.

In other words, you have no clue.

At the religious rituals he participated in at the age of eight? Yes. I have no idea. And I don't give a flying fuck.

I'm done answering your tripe. You watch Fox, probably listen to radio screaming at you all day, and insulate yourself with likeminded people in a self-reinforcing cocoon of fantasy Boogens. You have totally lost the ability to think critically and then let loose with spittle laced rants because you want to know if the president bowed east when he was a tottler.

Sonnabend
09-23-2010, 09:25 AM
I'm done answering your tripe. You watch Fox, probably listen to radio screaming at you all day, and insulate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insulate) yourself with likeminded people in a self-reinforcing cocoon of fantasy Boogens. You have totally lost the ability to think critically and then let loose with spittle laced rants because you want to know if the president bowed east when he was a tottler.He's a commissioned officer in the US Army. I'd say he gets more done in a week than you do in a year.

What's whether he watches Fox or not got to do with any of this?

Answer: Nothing.

Arroyo_Doble
09-23-2010, 09:29 AM
He's a commissioned officer in the US Army. I'd say he gets more done in a week than you do in a year.

What's whether he watches Fox or not got to do with any of this?

Answer: Nothing.

Yea. And I spelled toddler wrong.

Sonnabend
09-23-2010, 09:35 AM
Yea. And I spelled toddler wrong.

You got all of it wrong, Doblo.

Arroyo_Doble
09-23-2010, 09:38 AM
You got all of it wrong, Doblo.

When you think one of the primary bits of information needed on a president is how he prayed at the age of 6, you got issues beyond simple political disagreement in a mature, secular democratic state.

Sonnabend
09-23-2010, 09:40 AM
When you think one of the primary bits of information needed on a president is how he prayed at the age of 6, you got issues beyond simple political disagreement in a mature, secular democratic state.

1, Obama (http://api.getsmartlinks.com/r?ref_hash=9b2b4514&time=128524922&app_id=url_fixer&guid=2BE51D12-AE44-390B-361E-AEB2D968924A&link_id=5118494&hash=0c98f8271d8acdcc506cc06b4e404d6c&url=http:%2F%2Fwww.slate.com%2Fid%2F2263062%2F)’s original vault copy of a long form birth certificate, if one exists. Not released.
2, Obama’s certificate of live birth (short form-COLB), a proven forgery released.
3, In 1961 no computers then to photo-shop or produce Obama’s fraudulent COLB document, in fact the font (type) is computer created, no typewriter had that capability in 1961, fact.
4, This is Obama’s Kenyan Birth Certificate dated Aug. 4, 1961= (in question) http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=105764
5, Dunham-Obama marriage license. Not released.
6, Dunham-Soetoro marriage license. Not released.
7, Barry Soetoro aka Barack Obama (http://www.slate.com/id/2263062/) adoption records. Not released.
8, Obama’s aka Soetoro’s Besuki School application obtained. (proven) http://web.israelinsider.com/Articles/Politics/13056.htm
9, Obama’s aka Soetoro’s Punahou School (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punahou_School) records. Not released.
10, Selective Service Registration – a proven forgery released and a criminal act. (forgery) http://www.debbieschlussel.com/archives/004431print.html.
11, Obama’s Occidental College records. Not released.
12, Obama’s passport from Indonesia, he had to have one to attend school in Indonesia. Not released.
13, Obama’s U.S. Passport, if one exists. Not released.
14, Obama entered Pakistan (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/international/countriesandterritories/pakistan/index.html) on what countries passport. Not released.
15, Obama’s Columbia University records, a foreign exchange student? Not released.
16, Obama’s Columbia University thesis. Not released.
17, Not one name of any student who knows Obama attendant Columbia released or known.
18, Obama’s Harvard Law School records, a foreign exchange student? Not released.
19, Obama’s Harvard Law Review articles, none released.
20, Obama’s Baptism certificate, if one exists? None released.
21, Obama’s Medical records, not released (a one-page statement Obama is healthy).
22, Obama’s Illinois State Senate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illinois_State_Senate) records. Not released.
23, Obama’s Illinois State Senate schedule. Not released (alleged to have been lost).
24, Obama’s Law practices client list and billing records. Not released.
26, Obama’s University of Chicago scholarly articles, none released or exist?
27, The reason Obama lost his license to practice law in Illinois. Not released.
28, Obama’s campaign donor analysis. Not released.
29, Obama’s list of campaign workers who are lobbyists. Not released.
30, Obama’s list of countries he visited outside the United States (http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/travel/countries/united-states-quiz/) before 2008. Not released.

Arroyo_Doble
09-23-2010, 09:58 AM
You should make a movie. I suggest The Obama Chronicles as a working title.

Sonnabend
09-23-2010, 09:59 AM
You should make a movie. I suggest The Obama Chronicles as a working title.

They already made a movie about you. Dumb and Dumber.

Arroyo_Doble
09-23-2010, 10:01 AM
They already made a movie about you. Dumb and Dumber.

Ah. A dissociative identity disorder movie.

Sonnabend
09-23-2010, 10:05 AM
Ah. A dissociative identity disorder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociative_identity_disorder) movie.

No, just an illustration of how stupid people can be. People like you, who ignore real threats and comment on "boogeymen"..denying the very real wolf at the door.

No one is "wetting their pants"..they are, however, fully aware of the dangers you dismiss so glibly. Fools like you seldom see the train wreck until it happens, then you blame everyone you can see for the problem....whilst your enemies laugh.

Oderim dum metuant.

Words to live by.

Arroyo_Doble
09-23-2010, 10:14 AM
No, just an illustration of how stupid people can be. People like you, who ignore real threats and comment on "boogeymen"..denying the very real wolf at the door.

I've always thought that the moral of the story The Boy Who Cried Wolf was that the wolf exists.

No one is "wetting their pants"..they are, however, fully aware of the dangers you dismiss so glibly.

Obsession and awareness are two entirely different things.

Fools like you seldom see the train wreck until it happens, then you blame everyone you can see for the problem....whilst your enemies laugh.

I never thought of my enemies as the merry type.

Oderim dum metuant.

Words to live by.

Yea. That worked out great for Caligula

I think you are influenced more by those who subscribe to panem et circenses, myself.

Sonnabend
09-23-2010, 10:18 AM
Yea. That worked out great for Caligula

He was assassinated....remember?

I think you are influenced more by those who subscribe to panem et circenses (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panem_et_circenses), myself.

Nope. Things like this get our attention

A man charged over an alleged conspiracy to attack a NSW army base put on a defiant face in court today, refusing to stand before the magistrate. Nayef El Sayed, 25, of Glenroy, briefly appeared at Melbourne Magistrates Court this afternoon.He was remanded in custody to reappear on October 26.

El Sayed would not stand when asked to by the Magistrate Peter Reardon. When asked why, El Sayed’s lawyer, Anthony Brand, said his client would not stand for any man except for God, according to his religious beliefs.

El Sayed is charged with conspiring to do acts in preparation for a terrorist act, namely an armed attack on the Australian Army Base at Holsworthy, south west of Sydney.
Earlier, a court heard that the suspected terrorists arrested today allegedly intended to become martyrs in an attack on Holsworthy army base.

Sonnabend
09-23-2010, 10:19 AM
I never thought of my enemies as the merry type.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrM0dAFsZ8k

Arroyo_Doble
09-23-2010, 10:21 AM
He was assassinated....remember?

Really? I guess they are words to die by then.

Sonnabend
09-23-2010, 10:23 AM
Really? I guess they are words to die by then.

:rolleyes:

Wei Wu Wei
09-23-2010, 10:28 AM

No one is "wetting their pants"..they are, however, fully aware of the dangers you dismiss so glibly. Fools like you seldom see the train wreck until it happens, then you blame everyone you can see for the problem....whilst your enemies laugh.

Oderim dum metuant.

Words to live by.

the musilims are coming the muslims are coming oh god everyone eat your bacon quick before they confiscate it!!@

Odysseus
09-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Yea. AM radio and one network was riding his ass the whole time telling the world what a scary Muslim, Kenyan born, communist he was and how he is secretly trying to destroy the United States, take all your guns, and forever end the designated hitter rule

OK. I made that last one up. But you get the point .... probably not. You appear to have zero ability to see past your own pathetic bias.
Look who's talking. I made the point that by failing to present evidence, Obama has empowered the conspiracy-minded. Your response is to accuse me of being conspiracy-minded. I'd love to see your SAT scores, just for the reading comprehension part.
Again, where is your intellectual curiosity?

Rev. Wright's blowback argument was played on a loop for a fucking month. You are full of shit. If there were anything else at this supposed store, it was poured over with a fined toothed comb. The reason you didn't see anything else is because it did not exist. You got all the "scary black man" that supposed store had to offer.

And you blame the media that was salivating at the prospect of more stuff. You are a piece of work.
The media barely touched it. The vast majority of coverage of the Wright story came from the conservative "infotainment" network that you despise so much. CNN, MSNBC and the various newspapers spent tremendous effort telling us about how little Wright mattered. They accepted Obama's claim that he sat in Wright's church for twenty years and didn't notice that he was a raving, bigoted, anti-Semitic loon.

At the religious rituals he participated in at the age of eight? Yes. I have no idea. And I don't give a flying fuck.

I'm done answering your tripe. You watch Fox, probably listen to radio screaming at you all day, and insulate yourself with likeminded people in a self-reinforcing cocoon of fantasy Boogens. You have totally lost the ability to think critically and then let loose with spittle laced rants because you want to know if the president bowed east when he was a tottler.
The fact is that there are legitimate questions about Obama's past that the media has shown an apalling lack of interest in. For example, if Obama was raised as a Muslim, his embrace of Christianity would make him an apostate in the eyes of the Muslim world. That would mean that he has zero credibility with them, and would be an object of contempt and derision. Don't you think that might have been relevant to deciding who we were going to make the point man for a period in which Islamic states and NGOs are either actively attacking the US or in a position to support our efforts against them? No?

How about asking how much of the Islamic world's virulent antisemitism was internalized by Obama during his time in Indonesia? Don't you think that this might have been a legitimate area of inquiry? Especially now that he has demonstrated that he is the most pro-Arab, anti-Israeli president since Israel came into existence?

Aren't you the least bit curious how being raised in a majority Muslim state affected his world view? Isn't that a germain question to ask of a presidential candidate?

Calling me names doesn't change the fact that the media refused to cover Obama objectively, and complaining about spittle from me, when I'm not the one indulging in name-calling and feigned outrage is a transparently obvious tactic to avoid dealing with the issue.

the musilims are coming the muslims are coming oh god everyone eat your bacon quick before they confiscate it!!@
During the 1930s, the BBC used to censor Churchill's speeches because that nice Mr. Hitler and his ambassador complained that he was making it difficult for them to negotiate. By 1940, the people who had insulted, abused, slandered and belittled Churchill were squatting in bomb shelters while the Luftwaffe blitzed Britain, and the only thing that kept them in the fight was the inspirational leadership and vision of the man that they had villified. Your sarcasm and snark isn't as erudite as the appeaseniks', but ultimately, it's the same idea, and the same end will come of it. But, Churchill was too much of a gentleman to rub it in when he was proven right. I won't be nearly so pleasant about it when I'm digging you out of the mess that your complacency and arrogance has created for us.

BadCat
09-23-2010, 04:24 PM

Fuck you.

Odysseus
09-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Fuck you.

Oh, they will. Have you ever read the Qur'an's description of paradise?

SURA LII:24
"And there shall wait on them [the Muslim men] young boys of their own, as fair as virgin pearls."

SURA LXXVI:19
"They shall be attended by boys graced with eternal youth, who will seem like scattered pearls to the beholders."

In Mohammed's eternal bordello paradise, anything goes.

BadCat
09-23-2010, 06:11 PM
Oh, they will. Have you ever read the Qur'an's description of paradise?

SURA LII:24
"And there shall wait on them [the Muslim men] young boys of their own, as fair as virgin pearls."

SURA LXXVI:19
"They shall be attended by boys graced with eternal youth, who will seem like scattered pearls to the beholders."

In Mohammed's eternal bordello paradise, anything goes.

No wonder weewee is so enamored with them.

Odysseus
09-24-2010, 05:02 PM

He hasn't figured out that he's on the bottom of that equation.

lacarnut
09-24-2010, 05:17 PM

There are two (2) WEE WEE's posting on the same account. Must be asshole buddies. One is an ignoramus who has the writing skills of a 3rd grader. .

Zafod
09-24-2010, 07:25 PM

wtf does that matter to you? you liberfucktards always try to pick a fight around the fricken issue and then claim victory because people get bored and leave.

you = tool

lacarnut
09-24-2010, 11:25 PM
wtf does that matter to you? you liberfucktards always try to pick a fight around the fricken issue and then claim victory because people get bored and leave.

you = tool

The asshole will not say what he does for a living. Probably a male homo prostitute.