PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Solstice Wednesday!

Gingersnap
09-22-2010, 09:46 AM
We'll be cruising in the high 70s for a while but it's absolutely sweater/wrap weather out here in the mornings.

I have changed out the various high Summer decor items and replaced them with their Fall equivalents this week (the door wreath does look stunning). This included swtiching to Fall dishes, replacing flowers and ornaments, and getting out the Fall throw rugs.

Sadly, I'm already seeing Halloween stuff in the stores.

TOTD: Do you decorate with the seasons? If so, when do you put the Summer things away? When do you start decorating for Halloween? When is it too early for a Halloween display? What's the ideal time? Do you get burned out on a holiday when the stores jump the gun too much?

FlaGator
09-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Nice, nice, nice. Temps in the 80's and little to no rain.

TOTD: In Florida we don't have seasons. It is generally warm with occassional blasts of cold air from yankee land. We kind of have a winter but it last only about 6 weeks that are generally not in a row.

Shannon
09-22-2010, 11:55 AM
I put the Halloween stuff out the first week of October. They are put away Nov. 1st and replaced with Thanksgiving stuff. Christmas decorations come out the day after Thanksgiving.

Gingersnap
09-22-2010, 12:35 PM
I put the Halloween stuff out the first week of October. They are put away Nov. 1st and replaced with Thanksgiving stuff. Christmas decorations come out the day after Thanksgiving.

I do the Halloween stuff about a week beforehand. It disappears the day after, of course.

FlaGator
09-22-2010, 12:53 PM
I do the Halloween stuff about a week beforehand. It disappears the day after, of course.

I like putting it out on November 2nd. It confuses the neighborhood kids.

Gingersnap
09-22-2010, 12:56 PM
I like putting it out on November 2nd. It confuses the neighborhood kids.

The little porkers would just hit you up a second time.

FlaGator
09-22-2010, 01:01 PM
The little porkers would just hit you up a second time.

I would tell them the Easter bunny hadn't shown up yet.

SarasotaRepub
09-22-2010, 08:17 PM
I've already seen Christmas stuff in stores. :rolleyes:

malloc
09-22-2010, 08:27 PM
It's still hot as hell here in AZ. However the solstice tells me that relief from both the heat and my A/C bill are on the way, plus it's almost open desert shooting season again! :D:):D

I have changed out the various high Summer decor items and replaced them with their Fall equivalents this week (the door wreath does look stunning). This included swtiching to Fall dishes, replacing flowers and ornaments, and getting out the Fall throw rugs.

Martha Stewart is that you? :p

Well, I guess that answers the TOTD.

Gingersnap
09-22-2010, 08:27 PM
I've already seen Christmas stuff in stores. :rolleyes:

I've seen it in the hobby stores but not the regular stores - yet.