PDA

View Full Version : Just had the pleasure of telling a car dealer, they didn't get the sale because ofFOX

ralph wiggum
09-22-2010, 10:32 AM
mod mom (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-22-10 09:58 AM
Original message
Just had the pleasure of telling a car dealer, they didn't get the sale because of FAUX News (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9179850)

Edited on Wed Sep-22-10 10:01 AM by mod mom

Last night we purchased our second Prius. The first one was purchased from a Toyota Dealer based on availability (in '06 you had to wait for a Prius). When I have had my car serviced at this dealer, they have FOX News on their TV in the customer waiting room. I have complained to a desk clerk and the set was changed to CNN. First time it happened, shortly after the change a manager came by and asked "why was the station changed?" She were told it was because a customer complained. I smiled at the angered manager. The next and final time I went to have my car serviced their I found FOX on again.

This time we shopped around based on models with options. Two dealers about the same distance from us had the model available. The dealer we purchased our 1st Prius from came in close to $100 cheaper than another dealer, when they heard we were negotiating with a competitor. We went with the slightly more expensive car because of the airing of FOX News. I just received great pleasure in informing the salesman who just called from the FOX airing dealership that we purchased our car from his competitor and that although it was slightly more expensive, it was their airing of FOX News that lost them the deal. I asked him to please pass this information on to his management. I told him we were insulted that they would air a station which such disregard for the truth. I told him I was passing this on to my Prius loving friends (many of our friends drive Priuses).

FOX NEWS IS TOAST!!!! THIS HAS LEGS!!!!! :D

Arroyo_Doble
09-22-2010, 10:34 AM
I will drive home on the President George Bush Turnpike in protest today!

Gingersnap
09-22-2010, 10:40 AM
She shopped around and essentially paid $100 bucks for the pleasure of telling off a car dealer who instantly forgot her within 5 minutes of having the conversation. Well, that's the American Way.

If she was a normal person and read a book or worked online in waiting rooms, she'd never even know what channel the TV was on.

Apache
09-22-2010, 10:41 AM
What a pant load...

mod mom owes bongs for this crap :rolleyes:

swirling_vortex
09-22-2010, 11:11 AM
I told him I was passing this on to my Prius loving friends (many of our friends drive Priuses).
Hmm, why aren't the DUmmies buying from Obama Motors? After all, those evil Toyota CEOs don't have unionized workers.

ralph wiggum
09-22-2010, 11:14 AM
Hmm, why aren't the DUmmies buying from Obama Motors? After all, those evil Toyota CEOs don't have unionized workers.

sufrommich (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-22-10 10:23 AM
Response to Original message
20. Next you should explain to union members why you
refused to buy one of their cars.

The thread has grown quite large since I brought it over. Most people are squabbling over the union thing. :D

swirling_vortex
09-22-2010, 11:32 AM
The thread has grown quite large since I brought it over. Most people are squabbling over the union thing. :D
The funny thing though is that not one of them are recommending a GM car, just the Ford Fusion Hybrid. It's amazing what they'll get their panties in a bunch over and then not even live up to their own standards.

Romulox Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Sep-22-10 11:02 AM
Response to Reply #46
50. "rationalization". (Same logic applies to you and your worth, btw.)

You're a LOT less eco-friendly than a worker in India or China, for example.
Then it gets better when you got the green nuts who think that living in a shack is somehow a high standard of living. Perhaps someone should tell Romulux how his computer was made.

In their defense though, I will say that Ford certainly got their act together. Their cars (I don't know about trucks) used to score pretty low on the Consumer Report rating for reliability, but the 07-09 models score near the top.

hoplophobe
09-22-2010, 11:35 AM
msanthrope Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Sep-22-10 02:49 PM
Response to Reply #18
41. So it's "Union for me, not for Thee?"

Edited on Wed Sep-22-10 02:52 PM by msanthrope
if the irony of buying a non-union car on Labor Day escapes you, then how about this--

You constantly and consistently post on this forum regarding your precious teacher's union--and how parents' and politicians' support of charters is undermining unions...

You seem to hold yourself exempt from supporting unions when your livelihood is not at stake--apparently your consumer purchases get a pass, but parents, who are entrusted with getting their kids a good education should bow down and entrust what is most dear to them--their children--to union members.

If you cannot trust a union product, then how can you expect parents to do so?
The union part and the numerous posts DUmping on proud2BlibKansan for saying the prius he/she bought was made in the USA are making me LOL.

Thanks for finding this one.

hampshirebrit
09-22-2010, 11:41 AM
SO ....

The dickhead paid $100 more for a crappy Prius just because the original dealer had FNC on the TV.
Who looks worse, the dealer or the dickhead. :rolleyes:

AmPat
09-22-2010, 11:50 AM
I gotta question why the idiot was shopping for a new piece of crap car only two years after they bought their frist piece of crap.

The post was hard to take seriously for the simple grammar errors and usage errors. I'm going with 7th grade mentality for "Piece Of Crap" driver.

djones520
09-22-2010, 11:51 AM
grace0418 (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-22-10 10:58 AM
Response to Reply #34
46. It is sad. It's sad that I'm expected to throw thousands of dollars and thousands of dollars out
the window in maintenance and replacement costs, not to mention how many additional gallons of gas every week in order to be considered worthy by American car advocates (not that I spend a lot of time worrying about that).

Careful, your inner-capitalism is peaking out.

In an ideal world, all purchases I make will be American made, fair-trade, eco-friendly, pro-labor and superior quality–or as many of those criteria as possible. And I'm happy to pay more for those criteria, even if I have to save up or cut back to do so. I don't believe in the Walmart shopper's philosophy of low price over all else.

Wait... didn't you just say your angry at people expecting you do this?

I will pay more for organic, fair-trade food because not only does it support the labor growing/producing it, it supports the environment and it's superior in quality.

But not for an American car?

I will spend more money at local shops that make their own products because it cuts down on the environmental impact, keeps money in the community, and pays the producer a fair wage.

But not for local auto-companies?

Heck, I'll even spend more on American made, organic cotton clothing that isn't necessarily superior in quality because I know the people producing it are being paid a fair wage and it's good for the environment. It doesn't cost that much more so if it shrinks into a weird shape after 5 or 6 washings I won't be too upset. I can make rags out of it after that.

But not American made cars?

But I draw the line at purchasing something that is not eco-friendly, not superior quality, will not last as long, and will cost me thousands more over the lifetime of the product just because it meets the one criteria of being made by union labor.

Oh... you mask your inner-capitalism with eco-nazism. Gotcha.

Effin DUmmies. :rolleyes:

Dan D. Doty
09-22-2010, 12:40 PM
Mod Mom, thank you showing everyone what a stuck up, elitist tight ass you are.

My guess is that in a week , or two you will be posting on DU about your money woes. :rolleyes:

JB
09-22-2010, 05:39 PM
I told him I was passing this on to my Prius loving friends (many of our friends drive Priuses). Immediately came to mind:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn124/sav858/south-park-smug-313.gif

Couldn't find the image where he smelled his own farts though.

marv
09-22-2010, 05:52 PM
I'll stick with my gas guzzling '89 FORD Bronco. If she ever comes down to these hills, I'll pull her little POS out of the ditch - for a price of course!

Wonder how she did with all the Prius' recalls............

Wei Wu Wei
09-22-2010, 06:44 PM
SO ....

The dickhead paid $100 more for a crappy Prius just because the original dealer had FNC on the TV.

Thousands however are not going to the manager and salesman who rely on commissions from sales for their livelihood. Hitting a person's wallet is a good way to make a point.

Apache
09-22-2010, 06:53 PM
Thousands however are not going to the manager and salesman who rely on commissions from sales for their livelihood. Hitting a person's wallet is a good way to make a point.

IF... the story was true...

malloc
09-22-2010, 06:54 PM

How did you calculate the "thousands"? One sale, the sale of her and "friends" (which I doubt a person as pompous and arrogant as this has many)? If you lose a customer due to what is on the T.V. in the shop, that customer was just going to find something else "right wing" about the dealership anyway. Like if they had a capitalist magazine or right wing newspaper, or even guns & ammo sitting in the waiting room.

I'm sure this company is going to change it's inter-shop T.V. station to MSNBC now! They'd rake in so much more money! :rolleyes:

Zathras
09-22-2010, 07:50 PM
I love it when these idiots think they are being ecologically friendly when they buy these Prius but don't realise that the manufacturing of the batteries for these shit boxes puts more crap into the enviroment than would be from a regular car.

SarasotaRepub
09-22-2010, 07:51 PM
SO ....

The answer is clear, the dickhead. :D

warpig
09-22-2010, 07:55 PM
I wonder if the car dealer was thinking, good I didn't want my taxes buying you a car anyway.

NJCardFan
09-22-2010, 08:09 PM

Soooo, what your saying is that it's totally cool to act like a petulant 6 year old because a private businessman put a TV channel on a television bought with his own capital that you have an irrational hatred for and that since you didn't get your way, you're going to take your ball and go home? You people are such children it's sad. That's more stupid than me saying that I don't fly anymore because most airports have CNN on.

And this is for you JB:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UdmYInXplY

Gingersnap
09-22-2010, 08:54 PM

It can be (as any victim of robbery will agree) but boycotts in this particular time aren't. Even legitimate boycotts that seek to pressure a company to make right a real wrong aren't very effective in a media age that is so splintered.

In this case, there was no wrong. There was merely a trivial dispute over an entertainment choice. That's all TV is or can be. It's entertainment. This is like taking your business elsewhere because the musak system isn't to your taste or the staff doesn't dress the way you like. You can certainly do that but dressing it up as a political cause just makes you look superficial and empty-headed.

m00
09-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Someone with a mole should post they walked into a store wearing one of these:

http://images2.cafepress.com/product/36042792v1_350x350_Front.jpg

And the owner refused them service.

I wonder what would happen.

lacarnut
09-22-2010, 11:40 PM
Mod mom is an anti-American POS for not purchasing a Union GM Volt for $41k. What is this woman thinking.
Oh, well, she is a lying dummy and that explains everything.

ralph wiggum
09-23-2010, 09:33 AM
greytdemocrat (154 posts) Wed Sep-22-10 08:35 PM
212. Sad...
A childish act that was more than likely forgotten by the salesman as soon as the phone connection was broken, if not sooner.

But I'm happy you "feel" good.

RoccoR5955 (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-22-10 08:39 PM
213. WTG... I've been doing the same sort of thing.
I have a remote control that will turn off ANY TV. When I go somewhere and Fox Propaganda is on, I turn it off! The gadget is called TV-B-Gone, and you can get it online from a lot of places. You can even get a generic one for about 3 bucks online too, and they work great! They're small, so that people don't know that you're doing it

greytdemocrat (154 posts) Wed Sep-22-10 08:46 PM
Response to Reply #213
215. Cute,
Nice of you to impose your will on someone there comrade. Another childish action that accomplishes nothing.

:p

Arroyo_Doble
09-23-2010, 09:34 AM

How do you like that mirror, Ralph?

ralph wiggum
09-23-2010, 09:35 AM
How do you like that mirror, Ralph?

What are you implying? That's not my mole, and I'd never do such an immature thing/things such as have been demonstrated in this thread.

Arroyo_Doble
09-23-2010, 09:39 AM
What are you implying?

Not what you thought I was. And it wasn't so much an implication as friendly needling.

ralph wiggum
09-23-2010, 09:41 AM
Not what you thought I was. And it wasn't so much an implication as friendly needling.

I take friendly needling, Bok. :D

movie buff
09-23-2010, 12:30 PM
I wouldn't say this is really a bouncy. The fact is, that kind of deranged reaction to Fox News and that kind of incredibly idiotic decision on where to buy from sound exactly like things a DUmmy would do in real life.

Wei Wu Wei
09-23-2010, 12:42 PM
Soooo, what your saying is that it's totally cool to act like a petulant 6 year old because a private businessman put a TV channel on a television bought with his own capital that you have an irrational hatred for and that since you didn't get your way, you're going to take your ball and go home? You people are such children it's sad. That's more stupid than me saying that I don't fly anymore because most airports have CNN on.

And this is for you JB:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UdmYInXplY

isn't this the entire basis behind the libertarian idealistic vision of capitalism? free market as a democratic place where you vote with your wallet. choice to go elsewhere, choose another's business.

Wei Wu Wei
09-23-2010, 12:43 PM
It can be (as any victim of robbery will agree) but boycotts in this particular time aren't. Even legitimate boycotts that seek to pressure a company to make right a real wrong aren't very effective in a media age that is so splintered.

In this case, there was no wrong. There was merely a trivial dispute over an entertainment choice. That's all TV is or can be. It's entertainment. This is like taking your business elsewhere because the musak system isn't to your taste or the staff doesn't dress the way you like. You can certainly do that but dressing it up as a political cause just makes you look superficial and empty-headed.

Yeah it is that trivial.

SaintLouieWoman
09-23-2010, 05:34 PM

So has he been tombstoned yet? I never go to DU. I'd feel contaminated. :D

Rockntractor
09-23-2010, 06:27 PM
So has he been tombstoned yet? I never go to DU. I'd feel contaminated. :D
Exactly! Ten minutes over there and you feel like you need a shower!
Can demons transport themselves through the Internet or will a firewall stop them?

SarasotaRepub
09-23-2010, 06:48 PM
You guys are light weights. Stay off DU, let the pros handle bringing over the topics. :p:D

Rockntractor
09-23-2010, 07:11 PM
You guys are light weights. Stay off DU, let the pros handle bringing over the topics. :p:D

Could I interest you in a good used mole with over a thousand posts?:D

SarasotaRepub
09-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Could I interest you in a good used mole with over a thousand posts?:D

Your're too obvious. :D

AmPat
09-23-2010, 11:30 PM
isn't this the entire basis behind the libertarian idealistic vision of capitalism? free market as a democratic place where you vote with your wallet. choice to go elsewhere, choose another's business.

No! Nice try though. It is about a petulant, fevered, tiny-brained libertard who can't keep her syphillitic political ideology out of everyday life.