PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Snack Thread

FlaGator
09-23-2010, 10:26 AM
Another nice day in North Florida. We might even get a little rain. Temps in the 80s!!!

TOTD: What is your quick snack food? It seems everyone has what others may think of as a weird quick sandwich. Elvis did peanut butter and bananas. For me it is bread and mayo. What about you? Is there so quick snack that has a special place in your heart that others may find unusual?

Gingersnap
09-23-2010, 10:39 AM
We'll stay in the 70s for the near future. We had a really nice light rain for several hours yesterday. :)

TOTD: My snack food of choice is jerky. Barring that, a slice of homemade bread with some kind of decent cheese.

Arroyo_Doble
09-23-2010, 11:02 AM
Refried beans and cheese in a flour tortilla heated for about 45 seconds in a microwave.

noonwitch
09-23-2010, 11:12 AM
It's supposed to be hot today, one last blast of summer, about 85 degrees.

TOTD: I like peanut butter and honey on toast. It's what I had for breakfast, because I was out of cereal.

Rebel Yell
09-23-2010, 11:22 AM
Pork Skins or Boiled Peanuts.

patriot45
09-23-2010, 11:37 AM

Gotta go with the boiled peanuts! Down here its hard not to find a place that sells them! Salty or cajun!

Arroyo_Doble
09-23-2010, 11:43 AM

Gotta go with the boiled peanuts! Down here its hard not to find a place that sells them! Salty or cajun!

Sittin' by the roadside on a summer's day,
Chattin' with my messmates, passing time away,
Lying in the shadows, underneath the trees --
Goodness, how delicious, eating goober peas!

Peas! Peas! Peas! Peas! Eating goober peas!

When a horseman passes, the soldiers have a rule
To cry out at their loudest "Mister, here's your mule!"
But still another pleasure enchantinger than these
Is wearing out your grinders, eating goober peas!

Just before the battle, the General hears a row;
He says "The Yanks are coming, I hear their rifles now"!
He turns around in wonder, and what do you think he sees?
The Georgia Militia, eating goober peas!

I think my song had lasted almost long enough!
The subject's interesting, but rhymes are mighty rough!
I wish this war was over, when free from rags and fleas,
We'd kiss our wives and sweethearts and goble goober peas!

jendf
09-23-2010, 03:05 PM
A Fuji apple with some Jif creamy PB.

Kay
09-23-2010, 08:21 PM
My weird quick sandwich is grabbing 2 slices of white bread, throw them in the toaster for just about a minute till they are just lightly golden, then grab one slice of cheese to slap between them while they are hot right out of the toaster. Place on paper towel and mash with palm of hand. Grab paper towel up, warm bread slightly melts cheese slice, and voila! You have a quickie faux grilled cheese for breakfast on the way out the door.

Gingersnap
09-23-2010, 09:35 PM
My weird quick sandwich is grabbing 2 slices of white bread, throw them in the toaster for just about a minute till they are just lightly golden, then grab one slice of cheese to slap between them while they are hot right out of the toaster. Place on paper towel and mash with palm of hand. Grab paper towel up, warm bread slightly melts cheese slice, and voila! You have a quickie faux grilled cheese for breakfast on the way out the door.

We worry about you, Kay. We worry a lot. :p