PDA

View Full Version : Friday

Shannon
09-24-2010, 09:35 AM
I tried to think of a catchy title but I'm just not that creative, folks. I don't know what the weather is like. I left the house early. I'm going to assume that it's hot.;)

TOTD: Cats or dogs? Why?:D

Gingersnap
09-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Still in the 70s. Was that harvest moon amazing last night or what? Wow! The pagans must have been in 7th heaven over it. :)

TOTD: Dogs, obviously. Cats are mobile decor. They have some utility in terms of mouse and bug eating but they mostly exist to complement your furniture.

A dog is your best pal. Even the stupidest dog will alert you to the zombies coming down the driveway. Your dog is interested in your activities even if your preferred activity is eating Cheetos in the basement. Your dog cares about your day and is willing listen to you whine about it. Your dog thinks a 2 a.m. walk to clear your head is a fine idea. Your dog likes your cooking even if the FDA would throw you in jail for attempted poisoning.

Dogs rule.

Rebel Yell
09-24-2010, 10:06 AM
I tried to think of a catchy title but I'm just not that creative, folks. I don't know what the weather is like. I left the house early. I'm going to assume that it's hot.;)

TOTD: Cats or dogs? Why?:D

Now that's just lazy, Shannon.

Dogs of course, anyone who disagrees is either an old lady or a commie.

Shannon
09-24-2010, 10:11 AM
Now that's just lazy, Shannon.

Dogs of course, anyone who disagrees is either an old lady or a commie.

I couldn't fall back on the mayo TOTD. We just did that again. This is why I'm not in charge of a day thread.;)

Gingersnap
09-24-2010, 10:13 AM
I couldn't fall back on the mayo TOTD. We just did that again. This is why I'm not in charge of a day thread.;)

You are in charge of the Day Thread.

FlaGator
09-24-2010, 10:21 AM
Dogs rock

Space Gravy
09-24-2010, 10:56 AM
You get a lot more out of a dog but they're more work.

Arroyo_Doble
09-24-2010, 11:03 AM
Dogs. Big ones. Dogs that can knock down a grown man sneaking through the window and rip out that grown man's jugular.

Ree
09-24-2010, 11:16 AM
Dogs, even through havin a dog is like havin a toddler again.
A cat would kill and eat ya if it could and not feel a thing.

hampshirebrit
09-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Crappy weather here in Teh Yuk. I'm actually running the heating, in September. :(

Cats .... mostly exist to complement your furniture

and scratch it to shit and leave their fur all over it, don't forget.

If I ever stop traveling for work and when my cat goes to meet Ceiling Cat, she will be upgraded to a dog.

SaintLouieWoman
09-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Crappy weather here in Teh Yuk. I'm actually running the heating, in September. :(

and scratch it to shit and leave their fur all over it, don't forget.

If I ever stop traveling for work and when my cat goes to meet Ceiling Cat, she will be upgraded to a dog.

That's one of the best ways I've seen to explain the difference between dogs and cats---upgrade to a dog.

I don't dislike cats, but I don't particularly ever want one. My black greyhound, Darlene, is way too interested in them. Blue and Xena could care less. Darlene is my convenient excuse to never have a cat.

When we were helping SR's uncle housesit, I quickly found out that I'm allergic to large quantities of cats. The people had 5. I felt really sick. Maybe it was from all the litter boxes in the bedroom. What turned out to be a "free" vacation in Sanibel (when we were still living in St Louis) quickly turned into a stay at a motel. Those cats were everywhere, particularly the one who required that all clothing be stashed away in a closet. That was the spraying cat.

Dogs rule. They always love you, are loyal, affectionate. Live wouldn't be the same or as rich without the dogs.

JB
09-24-2010, 03:36 PM

TOTD: Cats or dogs? Why?:DI shouldn't say anything because I don't start day threads myself but damn...you suck at this.

And don't use that as an excuse to not start another one. Try harder.

TOTD: What's a cat?

Shannon
09-24-2010, 04:07 PM
I have no preference. I love cats for certain reasons and the same for dogs. I am starting to suspect that cats are more intelligent than humans though...and they use that intelligence for evil purposes.

JB- Shut it.

namvet
09-24-2010, 04:11 PM
low 70's here. ive been trying to reseed some bad spots on the lawn but these storms just blow it away

cats. because she says so

http://oi51.tinypic.com/1zl56xz.jpg

he's mean as a snake

BadCat
09-24-2010, 07:11 PM
Dogs, even through havin a dog is like havin a toddler again.
A cat would kill and eat ya if it could and not feel a thing.

Perhaps that is why I relate to cats so well.

Phillygirl
09-24-2010, 07:50 PM
I have no preference. I love cats for certain reasons and the same for dogs. I am starting to suspect that cats are more intelligent than humans though...and they use that intelligence for evil purposes.

JB- Shut it.

Except for the ones that warm up in cars...

Gingersnap
09-24-2010, 08:04 PM
Except for the ones that warm up in cars...

The Dark Side in strong in you. :D

Phillygirl
09-24-2010, 08:07 PM
The Dark Side in strong in you. :D

I still have laughing fits every time I think of it. :D

Bubba Dawg
09-24-2010, 08:08 PM
Cats and Dogs Living Together.....

Bubba Dawg
09-24-2010, 08:09 PM
I still have laughing fits every time I think of it. :D

Sound effects would be nice.

sound of ignition, engine starting, cat exploding.....

Phillygirl
09-24-2010, 08:11 PM
Sound effects would be nice.

sound of ignition, engine starting, cat exploding.....

Don't exaggerate...it was more of a slow burn.

Crockpot Kitty?

Bubba Dawg
09-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Don't exaggerate...it was more of a slow burn.

Crockpot Kitty?

So the new car smell.....?

Phillygirl
09-24-2010, 08:14 PM
So the new car smell.....?

http://www.webchicklet.com/tidy_cat_coupons_printable.jpg

Bubba Dawg
09-24-2010, 08:19 PM
http://www.webchicklet.com/tidy_cat_coupons_printable.jpg

LOL.

So, how many of these were needed.....?

http://www.schwimmerlegal.com/pine-tree-car-air-freshener.gif

Gingersnap
09-24-2010, 08:29 PM
You guys are going to Hell. LOL!

Bubba Dawg
09-24-2010, 08:31 PM
I was going to bring up the Earl Butz joke but that would be tasteless......

linda22003
09-24-2010, 09:16 PM
Thanks for taking the day thread. I'll be back at it next Friday.
Yesterday I had breakfast in Istanbul, dinner in New York, and was climbing into my own bed at 11.30 pm. Rather a long day.
A flight is officially too long when you can watch four full length movies with time left over.

Gingersnap
09-24-2010, 09:19 PM
Yesterday I had breakfast in Istanbul, dinner in New York, and was climbing into my own bed at 11.30 pm. Rather a long day.
A flight is officially too long when you can watch four full length movies with time left over.

You'll give us a travelogue next week. What about the in-flight knitting?

Phillygirl
09-24-2010, 09:28 PM

Sounds wonderful.

linda22003
09-24-2010, 09:40 PM
It was wonderful. I'm still processing everything we saw and haven't started putting pictures together yet. My husband took about 1500, and I took about 500, which is far more than usual.
Knitting - no problem. I had wooden circular needles and no eyebrows were raised in security at all.

However, we did make a large purchase and declared it when we came through customs in New York. The customs agent calculated the duty by using one percentage, then another, then said, "forget it" and passed us through. I wanted to pay it - it was only about $65.00 - but he wouldn't take money or billing information. I thought he was about to get off duty, and my husband thought it was because there was no cashier there and he'd have to do the paperwork himself.

With our treasury strapped for cash, I have to wonder how much money we lose because customs agents just can't be bothered?

Gingersnap
09-24-2010, 09:51 PM
Yeah, yeah... the glories of the Old Countries. I'll be thrilled when you get it together.

What did you knit?

linda22003
09-25-2010, 04:37 AM
A cardigan vest - still knitting it and will be for some time, on #3 needles.

Kay
09-25-2010, 10:45 AM
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/lovemlisa/dog-cat.jpg

Gingersnap
09-27-2010, 10:40 PM
A cardigan vest - still knitting it and will be for some time, on #3 needles.

Piker. I'm doing Fair Isle socks on #1s. However, I need to see the pattern you are knitting so that I can potentially do one myself or steal the best ideas from it.

Pic please. :)

linda22003
09-28-2010, 09:04 AM
I can do a scan if you want to send me an email address; it's an old book from the '70s but styles don't change that radically. It's what I'd call a "Steve Douglas" type of sweater/vest.