PDA

View Full Version : More Than 250,000 British Toddlers Labeled Racists

Gingersnap
09-24-2010, 10:40 AM
More Than 250,000 British Toddlers Labeled Racists

Published September 23, 2010

| FoxNews.com

More than a quarter million British children have been accused of racism since the country passed its Race Relations Act in 2000, the Daily Mail reports.

Munira Mirza, a senior adviser to London Mayor Boris Johnson, says teachers are being forced to report children as young as 3 years old to the authorities for using alleged "racist" language.

"Teachers are now required to report incidents of racist abuse among children as young as three to local authorities, resulting in a massive increase of cases and reinforcing the perception that we need an army of experts to manage race relations from cradle to grave," she wrote in Prospect magazine.

According to civil liberties group the Manifesto Club, 280,00 incidents have been reported between 2002-2009.

Fox (http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/09/23/british-toddlers-labeled-racists/?test=latestnews)

Arroyo_Doble
09-24-2010, 10:46 AM
I wonder where they are hearing this.

My daughter got in trouble at school once for calling someone a "douche." While discussing the matter, she asked me what a douche was.

Gingersnap
09-24-2010, 11:10 AM
The temptation is to blame the parents but I bet they pick up a lot from other little kids. I certainly learned virtually all of my vulgarity from friends or sibs. My folks were not the cursing/insulting kind and came down hard on us if they caught us using "bad language".

FlaGator
09-24-2010, 11:12 AM
Those little limey bastards....

Arroyo_Doble
09-24-2010, 11:16 AM
The temptation is to blame the parents but I bet they pick up a lot from other little kids. I certainly learned virtually all of my vulgarity from friends or sibs. My folks were not the cursing/insulting kind and came down hard on us if they caught us using "bad language".

Has to come from somewhere. They don't make the words up themselves.

bijou
09-24-2010, 11:16 AM
Not that it really affects the central point but, if there are 250 000 allegations in total and the reports are about children as young as three, then that hardly counts as 250 000 toddlers. Three is about the upper limit for a 'toddler' and this could be 249 999 children aged 15 and one aged three. That is just sloppy reporting.

Gingersnap
09-24-2010, 11:24 AM
Has to come from somewhere. They don't make the words up themselves.

What I'm saying is that one kid from a sloppy parenting home can "infect" any number of friends with bad language and they, in turn, pass it on to their friends. It's like head lice.

Wei Wu Wei
09-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Why wouldn't all the good kids ostracize the relatively few 'bad kids' and discourage their behavior?

It's....

almost...as...if...this...is...more..prevalent...t han...we..like...to...think...

Rockntractor
09-24-2010, 11:33 AM
Why wouldn't all the good kids ostracize the relatively few 'bad kids' and discourage their behavior?

It's....

almost...as...if...this...is...more..prevalent...t han...we..like...to...think...

Race is not as big a hang up for most people as it is for you!

Gingersnap
09-24-2010, 01:01 PM

It's....

What? Socially vicious behavior among kids? Did you even attend a school? Children are brutal to each other for virtually no logical reason - they are little savages. It's the Rousseau fans who buy into that childhood innocence thing.

hampshirebrit
09-24-2010, 01:05 PM
What? Socially vicious behavior among kids? Did you even attend a school? Children are brutal to each other for virtually no logical reason - they are little savages. It's the Rousseau fans who buy into that childhood innocence thing.

Exactly. I was a nasty little Limey shit at age three.

The real story here is all the publicly-funded libtard hand-wringing that's going on about a non-issue.

Wei Wu Wei
09-24-2010, 02:09 PM

Sure, kids mess around with each other, play, tease, ect. This is totally natural human animal behavior. Learning socially constructed racial categories and applying them in insults? That's a bit more socialized.

Wei Wu Wei
09-24-2010, 02:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQACkg5i4AY

FlaGator
09-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Sure, kids mess around with each other, play, tease, ect. This is totally natural human animal behavior. Learning socially constructed racial categories and applying them in insults? That's a bit more socialized.

How is seeing that someone is a different color than you being 'a bit more socialized'? Zenophobia seems to be basical to human nature and not learned behavior.

Wei Wu Wei
09-24-2010, 03:00 PM
How is seeing that someone is a different color than you being 'a bit more socialized'? Zenophobia seems to be basical to human nature and not learned behavior.

It's not as simple as seeing someone different, because, as the video shows, the white bias appears in black children as well. It's socialization that all American kids are exposed to.

Gingersnap
09-24-2010, 03:28 PM
It's not as simple as seeing someone different, because, as the video shows, the white bias appears in black children as well. It's socialization that all American kids are exposed to.

These aren't American children. Children simply use whatever insults appear most effective at that stage. White blonde children will turn on red heads, tan children will belittle the pale skinned, most children will attack physical disabilities, fatness, the "wrong" clothes, the "wrong" food, or ugly, "funny" parents.

The preference children show for paleness is found in all human beings regardless of skin tone and it's related to the general preference all human beings have for neoteny. This preference is most developed in girls and women but adult men also prefer these features in sexual partners and all adults prefer them in children.

Paleness, soft hair, soft skin, and large eyes are all babyish. All human beings are paler, softer, and have disproportionally large, light eyes as infants. You should know this already. :rolleyes:

FlaGator
09-24-2010, 03:37 PM

All children will pick up their parent's biases. That is impossible to avoid. If there is a while bias in black children it is because they have picked it up from their parents at an early age.

Wei Wu Wei
09-24-2010, 03:46 PM
That just passes the ball back a generation, the question still arises why is there a white bias across races in America? If it was from their parents, where did their parents learn it?

JB
09-24-2010, 03:58 PM
My daughter got in trouble at school once for calling someone a "douche." While discussing the matter, she asked me what a douche was.That's awesome. I take it she was using it in the derogative.

Douche is one of my favorite words and I'm not really sure what it is either.

and stop jacking the thread. The thread is about racism. Douche is not racist. Is it?

Gingersnap
09-24-2010, 05:29 PM
That's awesome. I take it she was using it in the derogative.

Douche is one of my favorite words and I'm not really sure what it is either.

and stop jacking the thread. The thread is about racism. Douche is not racist. Is it?

It's sexist.

Like I even care and I'm a woman. :rolleyes:

FlaGator
09-24-2010, 07:05 PM
That just passes the ball back a generation, the question still arises why is there a white bias across races in America? If it was from their parents, where did their parents learn it?

You would have to ask a sociologist or anthropologist. My knowledge of these things is limited.

Why is there bias towards any group that is different from the one expressing the bias? Perhaps there is a false sense that one group is superior or maybe morally better than another. I'm not saying that this is in fact the case, I am just stating it as an option to explain the facts as they exist.

Why does one group prefer a certain type of music of another?