PDA

View Full Version : How ya'll doin?

Ree
09-24-2010, 10:57 AM
How ya'll doin? Sorry I haven't been around much, but things(rehab) haven't went as planned. Still on crutches, brain still feels like swiss cheese at times, and my typing is awful slow. We're in ID now, Cowboy is on another wind tower project.

Gingersnap
09-24-2010, 10:59 AM
How ya'll doin? Sorry I haven't been around much, but things(rehab) haven't went as planned. Still on crutches, brain still feels like swiss cheese at times, and my typing is awful slow. We're in ID now, Cowboy is on another wind tower project.

How is the rehab stuff going? :confused:

Ree
09-24-2010, 11:10 AM
How is the rehab stuff going? :confused: I don't have insurance and the insurance companies are still fighting each other so I'm pretty much doin "rehab" on my own. I've had to apply for disability(which I hated to do)to get any Dr to see me.
I still can't walk more than 3 or 4 steps on my own and I look like one of those puppets with the strings(I can't remember what they're called) Still have a lot of pain in the left leg from hip to knee and the right ankle, my feet still swell so crocs are the only shoes I can wear.
Learnin to type again is slow and frustrating, but I keep at it(thank god for spell check)
I still have chunks of memory gone and have trouble remembering words, but 'm hoping that will get better in time.
I just gotta keep remindin myself I'm very lucky to even be alive...;)

Shannon
09-24-2010, 11:36 AM
What happened?

Ree
09-24-2010, 11:52 AM
What happened?
I had a wreck 4/15...this was my car:http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i310/ReeW/ChattenogaTn017-1.jpg
I broke both wrists, my left femur in 2 places, blew my right ankle out the side of my foot, broke 9 ribs, had a concussion and a blood clot when thru my lungs...

hampshirebrit
09-24-2010, 12:18 PM
It's good to see you back here, Ree.

Ree
09-24-2010, 12:21 PM
It's good to see you back here, Ree.
Thanks...;)

Bailey
09-24-2010, 01:59 PM
I had a wreck 4/15...this was my car:http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i310/ReeW/ChattenogaTn017-1.jpg
I broke both wrists, my left femur in 2 places, blew my right ankle out the side of my foot, broke 9 ribs, had a concussion and a blood clot when thru my lungs...

How the hell did you survive that?

Glad your back posting :)

Ree
09-24-2010, 03:14 PM
How the hell did you survive that?

Glad your back posting :)
I really have no idea, no seat-belt on, T-top off, and hit by a suburban....

JB
09-24-2010, 03:29 PM
I don't have insurance <snip>...I just gotta keep remindin myself I'm very lucky to even be alive...;)jeezus Ree. Good luck to you. Hoping for the best.

SaintLouieWoman
09-24-2010, 03:37 PM
Ree, so glad to hear that you're not alone and you're with Cowboy. Looks like we won't be having any mini-CU reunions with you. We had a good time when we met you in the St Louis area (St Charles, Mo).

So sorry that all of that bad stuff happened to you, but proud of you that you're such a fighter and survivor. I wouldn't expect anything less of you.

We're in Sarasota, Fl now. I've been taking physical therapy to strenthen my knee in case I need surgery, but feel like a whiny brat if I'd complain about knee pain. You're one kickass brave gal. Get better soon.

lacarnut
09-24-2010, 05:10 PM
Here is hoping that you continue to improve and get well soon. Keep at it kid.

Ree
09-25-2010, 12:34 AM
Ree, so glad to hear that you're not alone and you're with Cowboy. Looks like we won't be having any mini-CU reunions with you. We had a good time when we met you in the St Louis area (St Charles, Mo).

So sorry that all of that bad stuff happened to you, but proud of you that you're such a fighter and survivor. I wouldn't expect anything less of you.

We're in Sarasota, Fl now. I've been taking physical therapy to strenthen my knee in case I need surgery, but feel like a whiny brat if I'd complain about knee pain. You're one kickass brave gal. Get better soon.
No reunions for awhile, looks like we'll be in ID till at least the 1st of the year, but it could be up to 3 yrs.
I am a whiny brat at times, the clinic I go to isn't really equipped to deal with me. The CNP I see don't have a clue as to the side effects of most the meds she tries to give me.

Rockntractor
09-25-2010, 12:38 AM
No reunions for awhile, looks like we'll be in ID till at least the 1st of the year, but it could be up to 3 yrs.
I am a whiny brat at times, the clinic I go to isn't really equipped to deal with me. The CNP I see don't have a clue as to the side effects of most the meds she tries to give me.

you must have really torn yourself up bad in that wreck!

Ree
09-25-2010, 12:48 AM
you must have really torn yourself up bad in that wreck!
I'm pretty much held together now with rods, plates and screws....But I am alive, massively bitchy, but alive...
Thank goodness for Icy Hot....;)

Rockntractor
09-25-2010, 12:56 AM
I'm pretty much held together now with rods, plates and screws....But I am alive, massively bitchy, but alive...
Thank goodness for Icy Hot....;)
I hope you come out of all this okay, it really sucks!

SaintLouieWoman
09-27-2010, 06:14 PM

Hope you're getting some decent physical therapy. I've been going to PT here, but haven't been impressed. I've been through so much from previous surgeries/accidents, I know what they're supposed to do. And they're not doing it. :eek: