PDA

View Full Version : Buffett to taxpayers: Get over your anger

warpig
09-25-2010, 01:46 PM
http://www.omaha.com/article/20100924/MONEY/709249917

Taxpayer anger against President Barack Obama and Congress is counterproductive because policy makers took measures including deficit spending to stimulate the economy, billionaire investor Warren Buffett told CNBC.

“Sentiment has turned very sour in the last three or four or five months,” the chairman and CEO of Omaha-based Berkshire Hathaway Inc. said in an interview broadcast Thursday.

“I hope we get over it pretty soon, because it’s not productive,’’ Buffett said. “We will come back regardless of how people feel about Washington, but it is not helpful to have people as unhappy as they are about what’s going on in Washington.”

More than three-quarters of U.S. investors view Obama as anti-business and are pessimistic about his policies, a Bloomberg survey this month indicated.

He's off his meds again.

Apache
09-25-2010, 02:00 PM
I can't get over the seeming disconnect some have toward the American people.

warpig
09-25-2010, 02:04 PM

Well when you don't have to worry about paying any of your bills, they begin to think all people can think their way.

Chuck58
09-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Well when you don't have to worry about paying any of your bills, they begin to think all people can think their way.

I was going to post basically the same reply. Those People hammer on O'Donnell from Delaware about her tax problems and mortgage troubles. It shows the complete disconnect they're suffering from the millions of people in financial trouble.

Knock on wood, we're doing okay, but not as okay as we were a year or so ago.

lacarnut
09-25-2010, 04:11 PM

2008 was a disastrous year for his fund, Berkshire Hathway, where it lost half it's value. Investors were concerned when the value dropped from 140k to 70k. He told them at the annual stockholders meeting that they should sell if they were displeased. The old coot should resign. It is hard for a billionaire to feel voters anxiety over the economy. He is also FOS if he thinks the economy is coming back under Obama's economic policies.

linda22003
09-25-2010, 04:17 PM
2008 was a disastrous year for his fund, Berkshire Hathway, where it lost half it's value. Investors were concerned when the value dropped from 140k to 70k.

It's back to about $125k/share at the moment. I have both A and B shares, so I notice these things.

lacarnut
09-25-2010, 04:34 PM
It's back to about $125k/share at the moment. I have both A and B shares, so I notice these things.

It is still down from a high of $140k. I will stick to gold which is up 50% over the last two years and silver which is up 90%. Looks like Dave Ramsey predictions on the metals market was way off base.

FYI, I think the old coot has lost his touch cause he has made some bad investments in the last couple of years.

NJCardFan
09-25-2010, 07:59 PM
He's just another elitist hypocrite billionaire like the rest of them. How about Buffett take enough money to survive on for the rest of his years and turn the rest over to the government. But he won't.

AmPat
09-25-2010, 08:57 PM
but it is not helpful to have people as unhappy as they are about what’s going on in Washington.”Tell you what Buffett. Give me all your money and then let me hear your opinion.:rolleyes: