PDA

View Full Version : Critical Theory/the Frankfurt school

CaughtintheMiddle1990
09-25-2010, 08:32 PM
I first learned about this watching Glenn Beck--and I found it interesting even then; He did a whole special on it a few months back, or at least had a part of his show about it. I sadly couldn't find his show, but I did find this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh2DdJLycPM

http://therealbarackobama.wordpress.com/2010/01/29/intro-to-the-frankfurt-school-political-correctness-and-cultural-marxism/

Basically, cultural Marxism. They use 'social theory' to try and critique, and therefore undermine our institutions and foundations (we're talking cultural norms, not legal or constitutional ones). They helped create what we know as political correctness. Their aim is to undermine the traditional culture of a society to make it more Marx friendly from within, slowly.

AmPat
09-25-2010, 08:48 PM
And are apparently suceeding. Another incidious attack is against faith, especially Christians. The move is to make faith a quaint, out dated and simple minded belief system. Any person who espouses a belief in God, specifically Jesus Christ, is a kook, extremeist minority, and/or a commoner incapable of understanding today's world. The result is a willing media who paints this very picture of Christians in order to marginalize them.

NJCardFan
09-25-2010, 08:53 PM
And more schoolwork.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
09-25-2010, 08:59 PM
And more schoolwork.

I'm not even in school right now. Taking a semester off.
Also, how does ME opening a discussion, a discussion in which I ask no questions ''school work''?

m00
09-25-2010, 10:52 PM
I'm not even in school right now. Taking a semester off.

to do what?

warpig
09-25-2010, 11:14 PM
And are apparently suceeding. Another incidious attack is against faith, especially Christians. The move is to make faith a quaint, out dated and simple minded belief system. Any person who espouses a belief in God, specifically Jesus Christ, is a kook, extremeist minority, and/or a commoner incapable of understanding today's world. The result is a willing media who paints this very picture of Christians in order to marginalize them.

"...the Bible angers and frustrates those who believe that the pursuit of a perfect society justifies the quest for absolute power. The concepts of sin, of conscience, of eternal life, and of divine justice under an unalterable law are the ultimate defense against the utopian's belief that ends justify means and that morality is relative. These concepts are safeguards against the worship of human power." (Rage Against God, p. 135)

Wei Wu Wei
09-27-2010, 12:12 PM
I first learned about this watching Glenn Beck-

Baha!

I knew it!!

I watch beck every day if I'm able to, DVR that shit, and listen on the radio. I can spot his bullshit a mile away. I even have his book "arguing with idiots" which literally has 90% of all of the arguments posted on this website already in it.

ahahahhaha

You actually watch this show as if it's anything other than entertainment? Oh sweet Jesus.,

CaughtintheMiddle1990
09-27-2010, 12:17 PM
And more schoolwork.

Baha!

I knew it!!

I watch beck every day if I'm able to, DVR that shit, and listen on the radio. I can spot his bullshit a mile away. I even have his book "arguing with idiots" which literally has 90% of all of the arguments posted on this website already in it.

ahahahhaha

You actually watch this show as if it's anything other than entertainment? Oh sweet Jesus.,

It's edutainment.

AmPat
09-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Baha!

I knew it!!

ahahahhaha

Hey Moron, he said he "first learned about it from Glenn Beck." I "first learned" about the World Trade Center terrorist attacks on liberal mass media. What's your flawed point this time?:rolleyes: