PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Thread: Coffee, Tea or...???

Bubba Dawg
09-25-2010, 11:09 PM
It is officially autumn on the Mountain but it was warm today. We may have rain tomorrow. We'll see.

TOTD: Beverages.

I drink more water than anything. Well water. From my own well. It is good.

But, I also drink coffee. Black. I also like iced tea, unsweetened.

I drink hot tea, usually Earl Grey. No sugar.

I don't like beer or wine. Occasionally I will drink a draft beer but not often.

Whisky. Okay. I like scotch, vodka and gin. Occasionally tequila. Cheap tequila.

I don't like bourbon.

I do drink sippin' whisky. Dickel. Beam. Jack Daniels is okay, but I like Dickel better.

So, Name yer poison......

patriot45
09-25-2010, 11:14 PM
Coffee black.

Gator ade.

Mountain dew and vodka! :D

Bloody Mary!

Kay
09-25-2010, 11:24 PM
Coffee with a dash of cream (liquid never powder) and a Sweet&Low.
Other than that, water, grape or orange juice and occasionally unsweet tea.
Hot chocolate in the winter time.

NJCardFan
09-25-2010, 11:53 PM
Coffee w/flavored creamer(usually French Vanilla or Hazelnut)
Iced tea sweetened with Sun Crystals and lime juice
Water...lots and lots of water. Poland Spring
Coke Zero
Don't do alcohol that often but I like a good beer now and then as well as a glass of wine.

lacarnut
09-26-2010, 01:57 AM
It is starting to cool off a tad in Bayou Country. Having brunch at the City Cafe Sunday. Egg omelet with shrimp, crawfish and cheese looks promising.

TOTD: never acquired a taste for coffee or tea. Milk and root beer are my 2 favorite beverages.

SaintLouieWoman
09-26-2010, 09:36 AM
It's been a beautiful weekend in Paradise, or so the local Chamber of Commerce here, along with Sarasota Magazine, proclaim. All the forecasters here have been just itching for a big storm to hit, but so far, so good, no big storms. May the weather god zap them with a lightning bolt for wanting to bring death and destruction just so they can have something "weather" to talk about.

TOTD: Favorite drinks are water, Arizona diet green tea, "joint juice" with glucosamine (how exciting). :rolleyes::D

I love diet coke and root beer, but I'm trying to get off them, as they haven't been kind to me. I'm going to try to start drinking hot tea, now that it possibly might cool to below 90 here.

hampshirebrit
09-26-2010, 09:40 AM
Has to be coffee. Not only does it have to be coffee, but the coffee must have been ground from beans very shortly before I drink it. I need about a pint of good, strong coffee to get me going every day.

SarasotaRepub
09-26-2010, 09:49 AM
Has to be coffee. Not only does it have to be coffee, but the coffee must have been ground from beans very shortly before I drink it. I need about a pint of good, strong coffee to get me going every day.

Ditto. :D

Molon Labe
09-26-2010, 10:00 AM
Raining and temps dropped 20 degrees overnight. Falls here.

TOTD:
Try to drink water and unsweetened tea whenever I can.
I'll occassionally drink iced green tea and sometimes some hot tea. Have started drinking Hibiscus tea. It's said to regulate blood pressure and I have a family history of problems with that.
Cut back on the coffee because if I missed a morning and didn't have a cup I got migraines, but I love coffee, so I purged myself over the summer and now drink a couple of cups of decaf a week.

Beer is great. No "lemon water" beer's please. (aka: bud, miller, any run of the mill domestic..etc) I want a beer with robust flavors. (Yuengling, New Castle, German beers and American micro brews).
I drink a glass of Red wine every night. Rich heavy bodied reds are the best.

I don't drink liquor anymore and rarely drink a soft drink...maybe 2 times a year.

Troll
09-26-2010, 11:49 AM
I didn't start drinking coffee until I was 30. I'm still not crazy about the taste, so I water it down with gay-sounding creamers. My current favorite is 'Sweet Buttercream'. :o

I drink soda, usually starting late morning. It's Mountain Dew or nothing as far as soda goes.

I try to work out every day, so I get my water while I'm doing that to compensate for not drinking it throughout the day.

I'm not a big alcohol drinker. Beer when I'm out with friends, shots and cocktails on special occasions.

Rockntractor
09-26-2010, 12:07 PM
I didn't start drinking coffee until I was 30. I'm still not crazy about the taste, so I water it down with gay-sounding creamers. My current favorite is 'Sweet Buttercream'. :o

I drink soda, usually starting late morning. It's Mountain Dew or nothing as far as soda goes.

I try to work out every day, so I get my water while I'm doing that to compensate for not drinking it throughout the day.

I'm not a big alcohol drinker. Beer when I'm out with friends, shots and cocktails on special occasions.

Have you tried the new mountain dew made with real sugar.

Constitutionally Speaking
09-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Coffee all day long. I drink about 2-3 pots per day. I put enough cream in my coffee to keep a dairyman in business all by myself. If I want something cold, it is usually a coke, squirt or iced tea.

Occasionally, I will drink a beer - I like heavier beers like Guinness.

Bubba Dawg
09-26-2010, 02:12 PM

I drink coffee all day long. My coffee has to have had the brand name featured in a movie. Right now I drink Chock Full o' Nuts. The New York Coffee. :cool:

Bubba Dawg
09-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Coffee all day long. I drink about 2-3 pots per day. I put enough cream in my coffee to keep a dairyman in business all by myself. If I want something cold, it is usually a coke, squirt or iced tea.

Occasionally, I will drink a beer - I like heavier beers like Guinness.

I drink a lot of coffee too. Summer and winter. Never gets too hot for coffee.

Ree
09-26-2010, 03:38 PM
Back up to about 3 cups of coffee(very blond and sweet)real sugar
Sweet tea the rest of the day real sugar
maybe 1-3 beers per week
I like Capt. Morgan Tattoo with coke( but has to be mxed light)
I'm allergic to fake sugars even the stevia....

RobJohnson
09-26-2010, 10:27 PM
It is officially autumn on the Mountain but it was warm today. We may have rain tomorrow. We'll see.

TOTD: Beverages.

I drink more water than anything. Well water. From my own well. It is good.

But, I also drink coffee. Black. I also like iced tea, unsweetened.

I drink hot tea, usually Earl Grey. No sugar.

I don't like beer or wine. Occasionally I will drink a draft beer but not often.

Whisky. Okay. I like scotch, vodka and gin. Occasionally tequila. Cheap tequila.

I don't like bourbon.

I do drink sippin' whisky. Dickel. Beam. Jack Daniels is okay, but I like Dickel better.

So, Name yer poison......

We share some of the same tastes. Unless you brew your own it's hard to find unsweetened tea here in the south. The beverage salespeople look at me funny when I suggest they stock our shelves with anything without sugar or splenda.

I love water & black coffee.

I think I have had one glass of wine this year & even less beer.

RobJohnson
09-26-2010, 10:31 PM
It is starting to cool off a tad in Bayou Country. Having brunch at the City Cafe Sunday. Egg omelet with shrimp, crawfish and cheese looks promising.

TOTD: never acquired a taste for coffee or tea. Milk and root beer are my 2 favorite beverages.

Opps...I forgot about root beer, I love it.

I also like Arizona's Arnold Palmer.....1/2 tea, 1/2 lemonade.....

It's cooling off here, it's dark at 7:30 and still 99 outside.........