PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi on the ropes???

namvet
09-27-2010, 05:39 PM
Some Dems Won't Commit to Re-Upping Pelosi as Speaker

WASHINGTON Even if Democrats retain a slim majority in the House this November, Speaker Nancy Pelosi could have an insurrection on her hands from moderate Democrats looking for a change in leadership.

Rep. Gene Taylor, D-Miss., who two weeks ago threw a colossal insult at his party by joining Republicans in a pledge to repeal the health care law, stepped out of line again over the weekend by telling a pair of Capitol Hill newspapers he wants someone other than Pelosi leading the chamber -- specifically pro-defense Rep. Ike Skelton, D-Mo.

source (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,601531,00.html)

SaintLouieWoman
09-27-2010, 06:03 PM
I hope she loses her seat, but not confident on that one. Hopefully she'll be in the minority. Even there, I hope the dems get smart and select someone more palatable. She's such an obvious flaming lib.

marv
09-27-2010, 06:05 PM
But Ike Skelton, although he will probably be re-elected based on his pro-military and NRA positions, is fighting a hard re-election battle here in Missouri.

SaintLouieWoman
09-27-2010, 06:08 PM
But Ike Skelton, although he will probably be re-elected based on his pro-military and NRA positions, is fighting a hard re-election battle here in Missouri.

Who's he running against? I've not kept up with Missouri politics since I moved to Florida in May. :o

namvet
09-27-2010, 06:08 PM
she may have more enemies on the D side than she knows. after all she told them all to vote for the deathcare bill. even if it cost them they're jobs in nov.

Articulate_Ape
09-27-2010, 06:18 PM
I hope she loses her seat, but not confident on that one.

It is a bit of a long shot given the makeup of her district, but the reality is that this election cycle has been very unpredictable because of the outrage among the electorate. Pollsters have been way off and pundits even further off. At this point, it's my opinion that no Dem in the House can be sleeping too soundly at night.

SaintLouieWoman
09-27-2010, 09:50 PM
Some Dems Won't Commit to Re-Upping Pelosi as Speaker

source (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,601531,00.html)

Namvet, I'm going to delete your opening line, about her neck and the rope. I don't like her, but prefer comments like that not be made here.

m00
09-27-2010, 11:38 PM
At this point, it's my opinion that no Dem in the House can be sleeping too soundly at night.

Well, don't they get their Congressional salary paid out for life?

lacarnut
09-28-2010, 01:53 AM
Well, don't they get their Congressional salary paid out for life?

Yes, but for most of these ruling class rich elitist, it's about power and control. They don''t need the money; they have made so much money off of the sweetheart real estate deals during their tenure in government office.

SaintLouieWoman
09-28-2010, 11:29 AM
Yes, but for most of these ruling class rich elitist, it's about power and control. They don''t need the money; they have made so much money off of the sweetheart real estate deals during their tenure in government office.

One trend I've noticed is the very rich husbands of the women legislators. And a further comment is how those rich husbands get even richer after the wifey is in power. A case in point in Missouri was the "lovely" Claire McCaskill, who was the state auditor. Her hubby ran some nursing homes that, despite their many shortcomings, never really got hit with the same penalties as ones without that built in support system. :rolleyes:

namvet
09-28-2010, 11:44 AM
One trend I've noticed is the very rich husbands of the women legislators. And a further comment is how those rich husbands get even richer after the wifey is in power. A case in point in Missouri was the "lovely" Claire McCaskill, who was the state auditor. Her hubby ran some nursing homes that, despite their many shortcomings, never really got hit with the same penalties as ones without that built in support system. :rolleyes:

well lets see if Osama even bothers to show up and stump for her. most dems now consider him and pelosi toxic. and McCaskill worships the sunshine that blows out his ass.

SaintLouieWoman
09-28-2010, 12:56 PM
well lets see if Osama even bothers to show up and stump for her. most dems now consider him and pelosi toxic. and McCaskill worships the sunshine that blows out his ass.

One of the few things I miss about Missouri is seeing McCaskill on tv all the time. A day without her is a day of sunshine in the sunshine state. :D

I hope Obama stumps for Pelosi---surely it would hurt her chances and that would be a good thing.

namvet
09-28-2010, 01:46 PM
One of the few things I miss about Missouri is seeing McCaskill on tv all the time. A day without her is a day of sunshine in the sunshine state. :D

I hope Obama stumps for Pelosi---surely it would hurt her chances and that would be a good thing.

at the townhalls here last year she got her ass handed to her. in spades !!!!