PDA

View Full Version : Feds investigate prominent ex-labor leader Andy Stern

bijou
09-28-2010, 02:05 PM
WASHINGTON ó Prominent ex-labor leader Andy Stern is reportedly being investigated by the FBI and Department of Labor as part of a corruption probe involving the Service Employees International Union, authorities said.

Two organized labor officials met with federal agents this summer to answer questions about Sternís role in approving money to pay the salary of an SEIU leader in California who performed no work and a book contract that Stern landed in 2006, The Los Angeles Times reported today on its website.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/fbi_investigates_prominent_labor_ULNaqEYeWIictx4Y3 MPxHL#ixzz10qgIkOrO

Wei Wu Wei
09-28-2010, 02:10 PM
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was labled "The Most Dangerous Man in America" by the FBI

lacarnut
09-28-2010, 02:24 PM
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was labled "The Most Dangerous Man in America" by the FBI

Stay on topic dumb ass.

Crooked Union officials ....color me surprised

Wei Wu Wei
09-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Government of the wealthy for the wealthy cracking down on labor leaders?

Yes. Shocking.

FlaGator
09-28-2010, 02:42 PM

The FBI of King's time operated with a whole different agenda than today's FBI. Apples and Oranges my friend.

AmPat
09-28-2010, 02:59 PM

Yes. Shocking.
How much do you think the leader of SEIU is worth?:rolleyes:

noonwitch
09-28-2010, 03:53 PM
How much do you think the leader of SEIU is worth?:rolleyes:

I don't know, but the head of the UAW is pretty well-paid. He makes enough money to eat in fancy restaurants, but not enough to buy a nice suit to wear to said restaurants (we saw him at the restaurant where we had our Christmas luncheon last year, which my supervisor paid for out of her own money).

CaughtintheMiddle1990
09-28-2010, 04:54 PM
The FBI of King's time operated with a whole different agenda than today's FBI. Apples and Oranges my friend.

Yeah but they went after King because Hoover thought he was a communist and radical.

Odysseus
09-28-2010, 06:04 PM

Yes. Shocking.

Especially since he's a close friend of Obama's. I suppose that makes this even more unfair, as the the government of the wealthy is investigating a friend of an impoverished former community organizer with a penchant for Kobe beef. :rolleyes:

JB
09-28-2010, 07:24 PM
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was labled "The Most Dangerous Man in America" by the FBINo he wasn't.

m00
09-28-2010, 07:37 PM

Yes. Shocking.

You mean the Democrats, right?

Big Guy
09-28-2010, 07:37 PM

And the Big Guy has labeled Wee Wee as a book smart dumb ass who has to rely on theory because he/she/it has little to No real life experience.

JB
09-28-2010, 07:47 PM
...has labeled Wee Wee as a book smart dumb ass who has to rely on theory because he/she/it has little to No real life experience.I just basically said the same thing in a Dome thread. :D

Too funny.