PDA

View Full Version : Obliterating a generation (of Dems)

Gingersnap
09-29-2010, 11:23 AM
Obliterating a generation
By Dick Morris - 09/28/10 06:57 PM ET

Thanks to the leadership of President Obama, Speaker Pelosi and Majority Leader Reid, the Democratic Party is facing the biggest defeat in midterm elections in the past 110 years, perhaps surpassing the modern record of a 74-seat gain set in 1922. They will also lose control of the Senate.

Republicans are now leading in 54 Democratic House districts. In 19 more, the incumbent congressman is under 50 percent and his GOP challenger is within five points. That makes 73 seats where victory is within easy grasp for the Republican Party. The only reason the list is not longer is that there are 160 Democratic House districts that were considered so strongly blue that there is no recent polling available.

There is no Democratic message. President Obama is heralding education — an issue never mentioned on the campaign trail. Secretary of State Clinton is trying to restart the peace talks in the Middle East. Attorney General Holder is re-evaluating online national-security taps. And a hundred Democrats are scrambling about on their own trying to get reelected!

The Democratic campaigns they are waging are formulaic. They make no attempt to defend the administration, but run away from it where possible. They never mention the words stimulus, healthcare reform, card-check, GM takeover or cap-and-trade.

Instead, they are running almost exclusively negative ads. They base their campaigns on tax liens, failed marriages, DWIs and the like. Where there is a paucity of dirt, they resort to three prefab negatives: that their opponent favors a 23 percent national sales tax, that he wants to privatize Social Security and that he is shipping jobs overseas.

The Republican answers are simple. Republicans want a 23 percent value-added tax (VAT) only as part of eliminating the income tax. Some Republicans do back letting people under 55 divert one-third of their FICA taxes to approved investment alternatives, and most voters agree with them. But, on the campaign trail, simply saying — accurately — that “I oppose any change at all in Social Security for our seniors” takes care of it. And Republicans rebut the jobs overseas charge by citing how the incumbent backed cash-for-clunkers, where 40 percent of the cars bought were foreign; the TARP bailout, which paid billions to overseas banks; and the GM bailout, where two-thirds of the jobs were overseas.

More at the link.

The Hill (http://thehill.com/opinion/columnists/dick-morris/121487-obliterating-a-generation)

Wei Wu Wei
09-29-2010, 11:28 AM
(of brown people in Iraq and Afghanistan)

Wei Wu Wei
09-29-2010, 11:28 AM
lol people really believe this change from one puppet party to the other puppet party will mean anything.

lacarnut
09-29-2010, 11:35 AM

Another one of your idiot posts.

Democraps lose 100 seats in the House and 7 or more in the Senate; that is the ticket for Nov.

Troll
09-29-2010, 12:33 PM
lol people really believe this change from one puppet party to the other puppet party will mean anything.

I don't.

In fact, if it weren't for the wailing we're sure to get from the media and the left-wing blogosphere, I'd probably not pay attention at all.

I'm looking at this election like Santa Claus - you know it's all an act, but it's still fun to see the kids' reaction.

asdf2231
09-29-2010, 06:34 PM

It will mean the people you supported and voted for failed so badly that they may as well have been riding a rocket sled built by Wiley Coyote.

And that makes you look all manner of stupid. That'll do for now.

Rockntractor
09-29-2010, 06:40 PM

Take your racist crap and go to stormfront.

AmPat
09-30-2010, 12:52 AM

It certainly meant something when your band of idiots took control.

AmPat
09-30-2010, 12:54 AM

I was there moron. When I left, there were plenty of them left. Where were you?

lacarnut
09-30-2010, 07:06 AM

Wee Wee the coward would never put on a military uniform.

noonwitch
09-30-2010, 09:14 AM
Well, the toe-sucker's been wrong before. November is still a month away. Both sides still have plenty of time to screw up.

lacarnut
09-30-2010, 09:32 AM
Well, the toe-sucker's been wrong before. November is still a month away. Both sides still have plenty of time to screw up.

Dick Morris and Bill Clinton are scum bags. One is a sucker and the other is a suck-ee. However, he is correct about the slaughter in Nov. because of high unemployment and the economy.

Rebel Yell
09-30-2010, 09:35 AM

If that's the way you feel, then why are you fighting it?

Zafod
09-30-2010, 11:22 AM

ditto

Arroyo_Doble
09-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Hyperbole.

Ree
10-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Hyperbole.
Just a bunch of dead enders?