PDA

View Full Version : Westboro headed to South GA.

Rebel Yell
09-30-2010, 03:35 PM
ALBANY, GA (WALB) A church group from Kansas known for picketing and protesting with hate signs at military funerals say they're making an appearance in Thomasville Friday for Senior Chief Petty Officer Blake McLendon's funeral.

The headline on the Westboro Baptist Church press release says "God hates America and is killing our troops in his wrath" and they say they will be preaching that message Friday in the "lawful proximity" to the war hero's memorial.

Westboro Baptist Church is known for traveling around the nation preaching their message of anti-homosexuality at military funerals and other high profile events. The group's position is soldiers are dying for the homosexual and other sins of America. However many people view the group as disrespectful and hypocritical.

McLendon was killed when his helicopter crashed in Afghanistan last week.

His funeral will be held Friday at Thomas County Central High School, where he grew up.

A funeral procession for Senior Chief Petty Officer David Blake McLendon will begin on Charlie Ward Boulevard behind Thomas County Central High School shortly before 3 PM Friday.

The route will continue to Pinetree Boulevard and onto Highway 84 East before ending at Sunset Memorial Gardens.

2010 WALB News. All rights reserved.

http://www.walb.com/global/story.asp?s=13242770#

I don't know if these nuts have ever visited South GA before, but that kind of shit just don't fly here. They better hope a few bubba's (not the tights wearing, opera lovin' kind) don't get into their area. There's already some talk.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=573006

Nubs
09-30-2010, 04:35 PM
Interesting to see what the "Sons of the Confederacy" will have to say.

lacarnut
09-30-2010, 04:57 PM

I would love to see the police do a hands off, no show at the cemetery. These bastards need a good ass whipping.

Bubba Dawg
09-30-2010, 08:21 PM
I don't know if these nuts have ever visited South GA before, but that kind of shit just don't fly here. They better hope a few bubba's (not the tights wearing, opera lovin' kind) don't get into their area. There's already some talk.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=573006

Hey, it's spandex.

And you're right. That's not far from where I grew up and I got folks in Thomas county. I know there are folks there who have never heard of these freaks and who will be enraged when they see the kinds of signs they hold up.

There will probably be more security that you can shake a stick at.

NJCardFan
09-30-2010, 11:21 PM
The 1st Amendment door swings both ways, don't it?

Rebel Yell
10-01-2010, 08:59 AM
Hey, it's spandex.

And you're right. That's not far from where I grew up and I got folks in Thomas county. I know there are folks there who have never heard of these freaks and who will be enraged when they see the kinds of signs they hold up.

There will probably be more security that you can shake a stick at.

I wish they were goiong to a town a little smaller than Thomasville. A town where everybody knows everybody else.

AmPat
10-01-2010, 10:52 AM
The 1st Amendment door swings both ways, don't it?
Sure it does. As long as the family has the right to bury their dead without interferrence. Of course I would love it if the Bubbas exercised their right to stuff them head first into a garbage heap,,,,I'm sure that's in the Constitution.

Rebel Yell
10-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Westboro was a no show.

Rebel Yell
10-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Rumor has it, they sent a scout. After a little sniffing around, they decided south GA wasn't the place for their antics.:cool:;)

Wei Wu Wei
10-04-2010, 10:53 AM
I would absolutely love to mess with these people are one of their stupid hate rallies

noonwitch
10-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Rumor has it, they sent a scout. After a little sniffing around, they decided south GA wasn't the place for their antics.:cool:;)

Attention seekers that they are, they probably considered that there wouldn't be that much media attention paid to them there, and if they did get noticed by anyone, it isn't the kind of attention they want.

obx
10-04-2010, 11:43 AM

"Actions speak louder than words."
________
Portable Vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/portable)

AmPat
10-04-2010, 01:55 PM
I would absolutely love to mess with these people are one of their stupid hate rallies

And you have a hateful racist for your avatar.:rolleyes: