PDA

View Full Version : Your tax dollars at work:

Sonnabend
10-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Link (http://www.news.com.au/world/oklahama-school-district-removes-dead-white-men-rap-about-founding-fathers/story-e6frfkyi-1225933103285)

PUBLIC officials in Oklahoma were forced to halt the use of a rap-themed education tool for at-risk students after critics complained about the curriculum's lyrics, some of which refer to the U.S. founding fathers as "old dead white men"

And if this had been "dead black men " we'd hear a scream of RRRRACIISTTTTTTT.....

The program, known as Flocabulary, uses raps and rhymes to help students learn academic content. It includes music and corresponding textbooks that explain the lyrics line by line, reported The Oklahoman yesterday. The Oklahoma City school district said it would put the program on hold to evaluate it after 15 teachers complained about its version of U.S. history.

How about scrapping this shit idea and teaching kids without resorting to rap crap?"

One song, entitled "Old Dead White Men" gives an account of the leadership of early US presidents. Some of its lyrics about James Monroe include, "White men getting richer than Enron. They stepping on Indians, women and blacks. Era of Good Feeling doesn’t come with the facts."

...no I wont say it.....I promised not to use that kind of language....:mad:

The song goes on to say, "Andrew Jackson, thinks he's a tough guy. Killing more Indians than there are stars in the sky. Evil wars of Florida killing the Seminoles. Saying hello, putting Creek in the hell holes. Like Adolf Hitler he had the final solution. 'No, Indians, I don't want you to live here anymore.'"

Black armband history....is this one of CITM's teachers?

"The science behind the concept is wonderful," Oklahoma City Public Schools Superintendent Karl Springer said, according to The Oklahoman. "There may be some things, though, that are inappropriate that we need to be careful about." The co-founder and CEO of Flocablulary, Alex Rappaport, said the lyrics are meant to be provocative and humorous. The Oklahoma City School Board has authorized the district to spend $97,000 in federal funds on Flocabulary. The district has already spent $10,000.

The concept sucks big donkey balls.

MrsSmith
10-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Link (http://www.news.com.au/world/oklahama-school-district-removes-dead-white-men-rap-about-founding-fathers/story-e6frfkyi-1225933103285)

And if this had been "dead black men " we'd hear a scream of RRRRACIISTTTTTTT.....

How about scrapping this shit idea and teaching kids without resorting to rap crap?"

...no I wont say it.....I promised not to use that kind of language....:mad:

Black armband history....is this one of CITM's teachers?

The concept sucks big donkey balls.And I hear ads on Oklahoma Public Radio almost every day encouraging people to help the schools. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rockntractor
10-01-2010, 11:25 PM
And I hear ads on Oklahoma Public Radio almost every day encouraging people to help the schools. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oklahoma has more money for their schools then they know what to do with, and that is the problem, they don't know how to spend it effectively.

NJCardFan
10-02-2010, 01:00 AM
the lyrics are meant to be provocative and humorous

Um...

"White men getting richer than Enron. They stepping on Indians, women and blacks. Era of Good Feeling doesn’t come with the facts."

Andrew Jackson, thinks he's a tough guy. Killing more Indians than there are stars in the sky. Evil wars of Florida killing the Seminoles. Saying hello, putting Creek in the hell holes. Like Adolf Hitler he had the final solution. 'No, Indians, I don't want you to live here anymore

Oh yeah. These lyrics are a riot. :rolleyes:

And nothing like being grammatically correct. It is school after all.