Phllies :)

lacarnut
10-06-2010, 03:40 PM
The Braves for Bobby Cox

Molon Labe
10-06-2010, 04:05 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/05/12/nyregion/12about.190.jpg

http://images.sportsnetwork.com/baseball/mlb/allsport/nyyankees/ws_yankees.jpg

http://www.baseballflagsandpennants.com/images_products/new_york_yankees_championship_banner_10033big.jpg

jendf
10-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Those damn Yankees will, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

ralph wiggum
10-06-2010, 04:30 PM

Aw, have confidence. It MUST be someone else!

Bailey
10-06-2010, 04:34 PM

I would be very suprised if teh spankies get to the ALCS, their pitching is in the toilet its no where near as good as it was last year.

This year the Phills is way better then the yanks of last year and we have home field (if we make it to the WS, dont want to jinx them) :)

Bailey
10-06-2010, 04:38 PM
God no love for the Phillies :(:mad:

ralph wiggum
10-06-2010, 04:39 PM
God no love for the Phillies :(:mad:

Don't worry, JB will check in soon and I would assume vote for the Phils.

jendf
10-06-2010, 05:36 PM
I would be very suprised if teh spankies get to the ALCS, their pitching is in the toilet its no where near as good as it was last year.

This year the Phills is way better then the yanks of last year and we have home field (if we make it to the WS, dont want to jinx them) :)

Not having watched a single Yankees game, I can't attest to their pitching problems.

However, having watched my team finish 5th in our division with a 65-97 record, I can assure you, the Yankees pitching is not as bad as you might think. :D

Arroyo_Doble
10-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Rangers up 1-0 on the winners of the American League East (not to be confused with the Yankees who did not win the American League East).

JB
10-06-2010, 06:59 PM
You've all lost your friggin' minds.

I'm not even voting because I can't be lumped in with a bunch of crazy people. The Braves? The Rangers? Ha. I can go find eight friends right now and beat either of those teams in 4.

Phils 11-0 throughout.

Bubba Dawg
10-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Braves. All the way.

Zathras
10-06-2010, 07:08 PM
Braves. All the way.

Yeah, all the way to their fishing vacations when the Giants get done with them.

Bubba Dawg
10-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Yeah, all the way to their fishing vacations when the Giants get done with them.

The Giants will be overconfident and the Bravos will shock them.

me too/

JB
10-06-2010, 08:11 PM
That's a no-hitter baby. That makes two in all of playoff history. All time. woot.

Missed perfection with one walk in the fifth.

Roy Halladay of the Phils in case you're not paying attention.

Bubba Dawg
10-06-2010, 08:28 PM
That's a no-hitter baby. That makes two in all of playoff history. All time. woot.

Nice.

NJCardFan
10-06-2010, 11:08 PM

Roy Halladay is undoubtedly the best pitcher in baseball right now. And even though I'm a Phillies fan, I've never had the feeling that there is no team in the playoffs right now who can beat us. None. The only team that can beat the Phillies are the Phillies. This team is healthy, back in form, and have the scariest starting 3 in the game.

Bailey
10-07-2010, 06:33 AM

How pissed off do you think Halladay is that he let up that walk? :D

They were joking on my local sports talk radio that thanks to that walk he has something to shoot for lol

Bailey
10-07-2010, 06:34 AM
Roy Halladay is undoubtedly the best pitcher in baseball right now. And even though I'm a Phillies fan, I've never had the feeling that there is no team in the playoffs right now who can beat us. None. The only team that can beat the Phillies are the Phillies. This team is healthy, back in form, and have the scariest starting 3 in the game.

Thats what scares me is how easy it all looks, I hope they don't become overconfident. Looks like Howard picked right up from his performance in the WS last year.

Arroyo_Doble
10-07-2010, 08:48 AM

That was amazing.

JB
10-07-2010, 11:56 AM
That was amazing.Cliff Lee (hero of last years Phils WS defeat) looked pretty good in his start.

I look forward to Lee vs. Halladay in Game 1. ;)

At Citizens Bank Park, no less, since the NL is finally home this year.

Molon Labe
10-07-2010, 12:09 PM

Famous last words....

He's a great pitcher.
The Reds are soft.

One little note. The National league is inferior to the American league. He doesn't pitch a no hitter to an ALteam. He's been in the league more than a decade and he pitches his first two no hitters............in the National league.

Phillygirl
10-07-2010, 12:39 PM

Whooot!! I happened to be at a bar/restaurant last night watching it. The place was going berserk!

JB
10-07-2010, 02:03 PM
The Reds are soft....The National league is inferior to the American league.Wha? The Reds had the best offensive numbers in the NL this year.

And you have that backwards. The AL will ALWAYS be inferior for two reasons: The DH and the fact that Terry Francona did shit when with the Phillies but won a WS with the Red Sox. Proof positive that you can be a total incompetent and still be successful managing in the AL.

Bailey
10-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Wha? The Reds had the best offensive numbers in the NL this year.

And you have that backwards. The AL will ALWAYS be inferior for two reasons: The DH and the fact that Terry Francona did shit when with the Phillies but won a WS with the Red Sox. Proof positive that you can be a total incompetent and still be successful managing in the AL.

Burn Molon burn....

Molon Labe
10-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Wha? The Reds had the best offensive numbers in the NL this year.

:rolleyes:

The AL is 14 - 8 in W.S since 1987...... 4 of them sweeps.

You were saying?

Wanna see All star results from the same time period?

patriot45
10-07-2010, 06:54 PM
The Damn Rays are getting whomped! Go Yankees!!

Molon Labe
10-07-2010, 07:11 PM
Arroyo_Doble, ralph wiggum, Wei Wu Wei

Texas homers.

JB
10-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Arroyo_Doble, ralph wiggum, Wei Wu Wei

Texas homers.Wiggum has to band wagon somebody every year. He's a Cubs fan. And now he's in bed with liberals. Sad.

Bubba Dawg
10-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Wiggum has to band wagon somebody every year. He's a Cubs fan. And now he's in bed with liberals. Sad.

One thing about Ralphie though. Being a Cubs fan, at least he can get on whatever bandwagon early. August maybe. Sometimes late July.

Zathras
10-08-2010, 12:09 AM
Oh yeah!!!! Giants take game 1, 1-0, on a gem of a pitching performance by Tim Lincecum...14 strikeouts, 2 hit, complete game.

NJCardFan
10-08-2010, 12:23 AM
Oh yeah!!!! Giants take game 1, 1-0, on a gem of a pitching performance by Tim Lincecum...14 strikeouts, 2 hit, complete game.

Pfft. It's not like he threw a no hitter or anything. :rolleyes::D

Rebel Yell
10-08-2010, 09:11 AM

Great game by both pitchers. Of course, Posey getting the call stealing second helped, too.

Bailey
10-08-2010, 09:24 AM

Its one thing to throw a game like Lincecum did against the Braves :rolleyes:

but quite another against the best hitting team in the NL :D

Molon Labe
10-08-2010, 09:36 AM

They are going to be a tough out.

They are the hottest pitching team in 90 years.

Arroyo_Doble
10-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Wiggum has to band wagon somebody every year. He's a Cubs fan. And now he's in bed with liberals. Sad.

I don't know how often you have been down here but Texans (outside of Austin, anyway) aren't very liberal.

SaintLouieWoman
10-08-2010, 10:00 AM
I don't know how often you have been down here but Texans (outside of Austin, anyway) aren't very liberal.

This is one point of agreement between us, probably the only one. :D

I lived in San Antonio for 7 years and Texas generally is a conservative state (discounting a few aberrations.) That's why I liked Texas.

NJCardFan
10-08-2010, 10:42 AM
This is one point of agreement between us, probably the only one. :D

I lived in San Antonio for 7 years and Texas generally is a conservative state (discounting a few aberrations.) That's why I liked Texas.

But Dallas and Houston not so much though. Houston a little more than Dallas.

Zathras
10-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Great game by both pitchers. Of course, Posey getting the call stealing second helped, too.

True, but I saw the view the ump had on the play and, from his perspective, Posey did look safe on the play.

Rebel Yell
10-08-2010, 04:10 PM
True, but I saw the view the ump had on the play and, from his perspective, Posey did look safe on the play.

Replay will fix that in the near future. If the umps call the rest of the playoffs like they have so far, instant replay will be expanded next year.

Zathras
10-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Giants vs. Braves Game 2.....4-0 Giants in the bottom of the 2nd. Even the Giants pithcher got a hit.

patriot45
10-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Yanks sweep every series!!! Wanna bet!?! :D

Molon Labe
10-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Yanks sweep every series!!! Wanna bet!?! :D

*get's popcorn*

Now you see just how confidant Phillies fans are this year.

If I were a fan.....I'd be VEEEEEERRRRRY concerned about the Giants.

NJCardFan
10-08-2010, 10:52 PM
*get's popcorn*

Now you see just how confidant Phillies fans are this year.

If I were a fan.....I'd be VEEEEEERRRRRY concerned about the Giants.

I've been concerned with them all year. They're a good team. And my Phils, can't be spotting a team 4 runs and expect to win every night but I'll take it.

Molon Labe
10-09-2010, 12:56 AM
I've been concerned with them all year. They're a good team. And my Phils, can't be spotting a team 4 runs and expect to win every night but I'll take it.

Don't look now...but the Braves are back in it.

NJCardFan
10-09-2010, 01:20 AM
Don't look now...but the Braves are back in it.

Leading actually. Ankiel absolutely crushed that!

lacarnut
10-09-2010, 02:44 AM
Leading actually. Ankiel absolutely crushed that!

Braves pulled one out of their ass and tied it up 1-1 going back to Atlanta.

I have not followed baseball much this season but damn the Phillies look awesome and unbeatable.

NJCardFan
10-09-2010, 05:23 AM

I have not followed baseball much this season but damn the Phillies look awesome and unbeatable.

Right now, yes we do look unbeatable, however, if for some reason we fall into a funk, we're toast. There were times this season that it was a miracle we even won games.

Bailey
10-09-2010, 06:28 AM
Right now, yes we do look unbeatable, however, if for some reason we fall into a funk, we're toast. There were times this season that it was a miracle we even won games.

good to know they can come back from a deficit, just a bit shocking that two teams that lead the NL in not commiting errors causes like 5 all together. Utley better wake up and get his head out of his ass.

Bubba Dawg
10-09-2010, 09:54 AM

Nice. I'm gettin' old. West coast games just kill me.

NJCardFan
10-09-2010, 01:19 PM
good to know they can come back from a deficit, just a bit shocking that two teams that lead the NL in not commiting errors causes like 5 all together. Utley better wake up and get his head out of his ass.

6 actually. :D

lacarnut
10-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Nice. I'm gettin' old. West coast games just kill me.

The game did not get over till 12:30 CST. I am a night owl anyway.

NJCardFan
10-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Well, the Yankees sure made short work of the Twins...again. Hopefully the Phils can do the same to the Reds tonight.

JB
10-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Phils wrap it up tonight at the same time the Eagles will be putting a beating on the 49ers. My remote will be getting a workout. Looks like I'll have to catch Boardwalk Empire later in the week. :D

Here's hoping Atl/SF goes 5.

NJCardFan
10-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Tampa/Texas is going to game 5. Way to choke at home Rangers. Just goes to show that all they have is Cliff Lee and nothing else.

Bubba Dawg
10-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Phils wrap it up tonight at the same time the Eagles will be putting a beating on the 49ers. My remote will be getting a workout. Looks like I'll have to catch Boardwalk Empire later in the week. :D

Here's hoping Atl/SF goes 5.

It may but the Braves are down 3-2 in the bottom of the ninth. Errors are killing the Braves and the bullpen couldn't close the door when they had the lead in the 8th.

Bubba Dawg
10-10-2010, 08:11 PM
A Giants Phillies series would be a great pitching duel.

NJCardFan
10-10-2010, 11:19 PM
And the Phils complete their first ever playoff sweep!

Bailey
10-11-2010, 10:15 AM
And the Phils complete their first ever playoff sweep!

Really really getting pissed at ryan howard, HEY RYAN power hitters dont aim for singles. Does this man show up for big games?

NJCardFan
10-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Really really getting pissed at ryan howard, HEY RYAN power hitters dont aim for singles. Does this man show up for big games?

I take it you slept through the 2008 playoffs? And last years LCS?

JB
10-11-2010, 12:45 PM
He doesn't pitch a no hitter to an ALteam. He's been in the league more than a decade and he pitches his first two no hitters............in the National league."In his second career start, against the Detroit Tigers on September 27, 1998, Halladay had what would have been the third no-hitter ever pitched on the final day of a regular season broken up with two outs in the ninth...The home run was the only hit Halladay would allow in a 21 Blue Jays victory, as he recorded his first major league win."

In only his second start in the AL, Halladay goes 8 2/3 of no hit ball. Granted, not a no-hitter but impressive for start number 2. In the mighty AL. :rolleyes:

I stand by my conviction the AL blows due to the DH and Terry Francona. :p

Bailey
10-11-2010, 02:38 PM
I take it you slept through the 2008 playoffs? And last years LCS?

No I just remember the bed Shitting he did in the last ws

NJCardFan
10-11-2010, 04:59 PM
No I just remember the bed Shitting he did in the last ws

Which is true, however, he's not the only member of this team. No one hit in the WS except for Utley.

Bailey
10-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Which is true, however, he's not the only member of this team. No one hit in the WS except for Utley.

But when you are getting paid a buttload to hit homers it kinda of makes you scratch your head.:confused:

NJCardFan
10-11-2010, 06:57 PM
But when you are getting paid a buttload to hit homers it kinda of makes you scratch your head.:confused:

Howard is a home run hitter, yes, but this season he became an all around better hitter. His average was up and his strike outs were actually down this season. However, his RBI's were good meaning he's still doing his job. He played in 20 less games this year and still hit 31 homers and knocked in 108. I'd say he's earning his paycheck. As for the playoffs, Utley hit the only HR for the Phils but they didn't need it did they? And last season, as I said, no one hit in the World Series but Howard did well in the LDS and LCS. As well as in the 2008 playoffs.

NJCardFan
10-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Braves falling apart late again.

Zathras
10-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Gah, I hate this late inning drama....

NJCardFan
10-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Phils and Giants for the NLCS.

Zathras
10-11-2010, 11:07 PM

Yup...should be a good series.

JB
10-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Phils and Giants for the NLCS.Phils in 4.

And the hype of the great pitchers duel between Halladay and Lincecum is in full gear. Look for double digit scoring by both teams on Saturday. Phils 14-12. :D

ralph wiggum
10-12-2010, 05:34 PM

What makes you think I'm a Cubs fan? :confused:

Granted, I lived in the neighborhood for a long time & have been to nearly a hundred games at Wrigley. My heart has always been with the Rangers. It has just been a while since they've been in the playoffs.

JB
10-12-2010, 05:45 PM
What makes you think I'm a Cubs fan?You never win any of the sporting contests we have on CU so it just seemed natural.

:D

ralph wiggum
10-12-2010, 06:01 PM
You never win any of the sporting contests we have on CU so it just seemed natural.

I've been in a bit of a drought, but I do have this going for me:

Baseball 2008 1 of 8 Chief Wiggum The Underground - VRWC League
Baseball 2007 1 of 4 Chief Wiggum CU - VRWC League
Baseball 2006 1 of 6 Chief Wiggum CU - VRWC Division
Football 2008 1 of 10 Chief Wiggum Conservative Underground
Tournament Pick'em 2008 1 of 13 More Losing Picks from Ralph CUHoops2008

Bubba Dawg
10-12-2010, 09:16 PM

Good on the Giants beating my Braves. They earned it.

I'm rooting for the Phillies.

Phillygirl
10-12-2010, 10:01 PM
I think I'm going to go to Saturday's game. Just trying to decide if I want to shell out the cash, or watch it in the comfort of my home.

NJCardFan
10-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Phils in 4.

And the hype of the great pitchers duel between Halladay and Lincecum is in full gear. Look for double digit scoring by both teams on Saturday. Phils 14-12. :D

Phils need to win it in 5 games or less because of this little stat:

The Phillies have been to the World Series 7 times. In 5 of those, they earned the right via the League Championship Series. In 1980 and 2008, the Phillies closed out the LCS on the road(@ Houston & @ LA), and they won the World Series. In 1983, 1993, and 2009, the Phils closed out the LCS at home and went on to lose the World Series. So, we need to close it out on the road.

patriot45
10-13-2010, 12:29 AM
The Rays fell apart!:mad:

Oh well now I can root freely for the Damn Yankees! Whoo here we come JB!!!:D

Arroyo_Doble
10-13-2010, 08:56 AM
I think I'm going to go to Saturday's game. Just trying to decide if I want to shell out the cash, or watch it in the comfort of my home.

Go to the game.

It has been an interesting playoffs.

ralph wiggum
10-13-2010, 09:18 AM
Go to the game.

What Oreo said, Philly. Go to the game. Create one extra billable hour and you can afford it. :D

Phillygirl
10-13-2010, 10:22 AM
Go to the game.

What Oreo said, Philly. Go to the game. Create one extra billable hour and you can afford it. :D

Yeah, looks like I'm going. I had to promise to be on my best behavior. Last time I went with this friend security was called. I swear it wasn't my fault.

They're pretty good seats, right on the third base line, 17th row.

ralph wiggum
10-13-2010, 11:59 AM
Yeah, looks like I'm going. I had to promise to be on my best behavior. Last time I went with this friend security was called. I swear it wasn't my fault.

They're pretty good seats, right on the third base line, 17th row.

Sure it wasn't your fault! :p

I'm going to be in Dallas/Ft. Worth this weekend, and was very tempted to try to get Rangers/Yankees tickets. But they scheduled the damn Saturday game at the same time as the football game I'm attending.

Oh well, it was going to be expensive. And I've seen playoff games at Wrigley & Comiskey. Maybe when the Rangers make the World Series. :cool:

Phillygirl
10-13-2010, 12:14 PM
Sure it wasn't your fault! :p

I'm going to be in Dallas/Ft. Worth this weekend, and was very tempted to try to get Rangers/Yankees tickets. But they scheduled the damn Saturday game at the same time as the football game I'm attending.

Oh well, it was going to be expensive. And I've seen playoff games at Wrigley & Comiskey. Maybe when the Rangers make the World Series. :cool:

People get tetchy about references to trailer parks, apparently. :p

I've never been to a playoff game. I was supposed to get tickets last year from one of the Phillies, but it fell through. I didn't have the gall to ask him this year, as he's gotten me so much stuff already for the kids in my family. I may take the boys to Spring Training next year as they've really had fun following the Phils these last two years.

JB
10-14-2010, 07:18 PM
The Rays fell apart!:mad:

Oh well now I can root freely for the Damn Yankees! Whoo here we come JB!!!:DOne down Bobbo. And when the Yankpukes fail you'll have nothing better to do than to root for the Phils in the WS.

patriot45
10-14-2010, 08:46 PM
One down Bobbo. And when the Yankpukes fail you'll have nothing better to do than to root for the Phils in the WS.

Yanks own the Texans! Bring on the fillies!:D

If you can beat the pelosi giants! :D

Molon Labe
10-14-2010, 08:51 PM
Yanks own the Texans! Bring on the fillies!:D

If you can beat the pelosi giants! :D

The girlie ponies?

They have to get past the best pitching in 90 years first.

Hate to see what happens if it's close and the Giants get to their bullpen. :D

JB
10-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Yanks own the Texans!Interesting observation.

"Alex Rodriguez and Derek Jeter make more together $55.6 million per year than the entire Rangers' roster combined."

That's why people hate the Yankees. Go Rangers.

Bubba Dawg
10-15-2010, 11:07 PM
Interesting observation.

"Alex Rodriguez and Derek Jeter make more together $55.6 million per year than the entire Rangers' roster combined."

So A-Rod and DJ bought the Rangers? :confused:

NJCardFan
10-15-2010, 11:10 PM
Interesting observation.

The Rangers are currently melting down. Up 5-0, it's now 5-5 in the top of the 8th with nobody out. The Yanks are in the middle of a 4 run rally. God I hate the Yankees.

NJCardFan
10-16-2010, 12:13 AM
And the choke job is complete. Way to go Rangers. Couldn't even hold a 5-0 lead with 9 outs to go. And would it hurt you guys to win 1 playoff game at home?

patriot45
10-16-2010, 01:49 AM
And the choke job is complete. Way to go Rangers. Couldn't even hold a 5-0 lead with 9 outs to go. And would it hurt you guys to win 1 playoff game at home?

He he, bring on the Giants!!

Go Yanks!

Arroyo_Doble
10-16-2010, 09:00 AM

That was ugly to watch.

JB
10-16-2010, 06:16 PM
7-1 Rangers in the 6th. Let's see if they can hold it today.

More importantly, less than 2 hours to the Phils. woot.

Bailey
10-16-2010, 07:55 PM
Bump for start of the Phills game :)

God I hope our Hitters wake the Frack up.

patriot45
10-16-2010, 08:00 PM
7-1 Rangers in the 6th. Let's see if they can hold it today.

More importantly, less than 2 hours to the Phils. woot.

The benevolent Yanks gave the Rangers a bone! Let em have 1 home win!! :D Go Giants!

Bailey
10-16-2010, 08:03 PM
The benevolent Yanks gave the Rangers a bone! Let em have 1 home win!! :D Go Giants!

Arent you a butt buddy to Gator? and from the south? How can you root for the spankies?

Bailey
10-16-2010, 08:06 PM
Lincecum looks like a Emo fag.:cool:

patriot45
10-16-2010, 08:10 PM
Arent you a butt buddy to Gator? and from the south? How can you root for the spankies?

Hey up yours! Went for the Rays and now the Yanks! Pay attention.

Bailey
10-16-2010, 08:27 PM
Hey up yours! Went for the Rays and now the Yanks! Pay attention.

very sorry to hear that you have such poor taste in teams :(

patriot45
10-16-2010, 08:38 PM
very sorry to hear that you have such poor taste in teams :(

You go filly phan! You have no taste in teams!

Bailey
10-16-2010, 08:39 PM
You go filly phan! You have no taste in teams!

Well every team you have rooted for in these playoffs has lost (so far) so please keep rooting for the gaints and spankies. :D

NJCardFan
10-16-2010, 08:46 PM
Well every team you have rooted for in these playoffs has lost (so far) so please keep rooting for the gaints and spankies. :D

He's still cheesed we whupped his Rays in '08.

patriot45
10-16-2010, 08:53 PM
He's still cheesed we whupped his Rays in '08.

Not really. The Yanks got payback last year! These yanks will set post season records that will never get matched!
The rays will still look good next year even without Crawford.

Bailey
10-16-2010, 08:58 PM
Not really. The Yanks got payback last year! These yanks will set post season records that will never get matched!
The rays will still look good next year even without Crawford.

Just as long as the check clears to the umps then the yanks will have a chance to win again.

Bailey
10-16-2010, 09:08 PM
Howard doubles with no one on and then strikes out with 2 on :mad:

Zathras
10-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Now 4-1 Giants. :D

NJCardFan
10-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Howard doubles with no one on and then strikes out with 2 on :mad:

Been this way all year. I was afraid of this. Not hitting with RISP. Can't afford a cold spell now. Also, it's easy for the Giants to get these hits when the umpire is giving them 4 strikes per at bat. Should have been out of that inning but Halladay got squeezed on what should have been strike 3.

Bailey
10-16-2010, 09:59 PM
Werth a 2 run jack 4-3 gaints.

25 million a year to watch him strike out:rolleyes:

Bailey
10-16-2010, 10:00 PM
Been this way all year. I was afraid of this. Not hitting with RISP. Can't afford a cold spell now. Also, it's easy for the Giants to get these hits when the umpire is giving them 4 strikes per at bat. Should have been out of that inning but Halladay got squeezed on what should have been strike 3.

Yes this ump is giving me heartburn. :mad::mad::mad:

Zathras
10-16-2010, 11:00 PM
And game 1 goes to the Giants 4-3. :)

NJCardFan
10-16-2010, 11:13 PM
Yes this ump is giving me heartburn. :mad::mad::mad:

You can't strike out 13 times and win. It's really that simple.

patriot45
10-16-2010, 11:16 PM
You can't strike out 13 times and win. It's really that simple.

Take it like a man. Your ace got beat.
Only sadsacks blame it on the umps!
Go Giants!

NJCardFan
10-17-2010, 12:21 AM
Take it like a man. Your ace got beat.
Only sadsacks blame it on the umps!
Go Giants!

I made a comment about 1 pitch, which even the announcers said should have been a strike. I am in no way using it as an excuse. And now all of a sudden you're a Giant fan? Bandwagon jump much?

Phillygirl
10-17-2010, 12:38 AM
Damn. Oh, well. It was fun and nobody called security, so it all ended as well as could be expected.

patriot45
10-17-2010, 01:24 AM
I made a comment about 1 pitch, which even the announcers said should have been a strike. I am in no way using it as an excuse. And now all of a sudden you're a Giant fan? Bandwagon jump much?

That kinda sounded like an excuse! You brought it up.
The fraud fillys are down 1-0 at home.
Not good. G'night JB!!!

NJCardFan
10-17-2010, 02:37 AM
That kinda sounded like an excuse! You brought it up.
The fraud fillys are down 1-0 at home.
Not good. G'night JB!!!

And what is your basis for calling them frauds? Because Halladay didn't throw his 3rd no hitter of the season? Because light hitting Cody Ross had the game of his life? How did those Rays make out?

NJCardFan
10-17-2010, 02:50 AM
Werth a 2 run jack 4-3 gaints.

25 million a year to watch him strike out:rolleyes:

And he did. 3 times. As well as his buddy Rollins. Only Utley and Polanco didn't K tonight. And Ibanez, ugh. On that Burrell double, he should have caught that.

Bailey
10-17-2010, 09:46 AM
And he did. 3 times. As well as his buddy Rollins. Only Utley and Polanco didn't K tonight. And Ibanez, ugh. On that Burrell double, he should have caught that.

Yes but and correct me if i am wrong they dont pay those players 25 mil a year to strike out like he did in the WS last year.

I kind of agree he should have caught it but it was a tough catch.

Meh we will get them tonight.

NJCardFan
10-17-2010, 01:18 PM
Yes but and correct me if i am wrong they dont pay those players 25 mil a year to strike out like he did in the WS last year.

I kind of agree he should have caught it but it was a tough catch.

Meh we will get them tonight.

Howard's a power hitter and most power hitters strike out a bunch. He's being paid $25 mil a year because he hits a ton of home runs. He was hurt most of the season an still had over 100 RBI's. Rollins, on the other hand, is supposed to be the table setter. As a leadoff hitter, he's supposed to get on base and make things happen. He doesn't do that hence he's hitting 6th now. Personally, I'd rather see Valdez playing SS. He's a much better fielder and at least gets his bat on the ball. Rollins, these days, either strikes out or hits a pop up. Which is the reason he now has the nickname J-Pop(instead of J-Roll).

NJCardFan
10-17-2010, 09:21 PM
After 3 it's 1-0 Phils. Phils have the only hit. Go figure. Sanchez was wild early but has settled and Oswalt is dealing. This could be a fast game.

NJCardFan
10-17-2010, 10:48 PM
Fruads-6 Giants-1 as Rollins misses a grand slam by a micron. I'll take the bases clearing double though. That'll teach them to walk Werth.

patriot45
10-17-2010, 10:57 PM
Fruads-6 Giants-1 as Rollins misses a grand slam by a micron. I'll take the bases clearing double though. That'll teach them to walk Werth.

I'm not watching the game but are you saying a split at home is good!?!?
You gotta go to SF and the yanks get to go to the BronX!

patriot45
10-17-2010, 10:58 PM
I wanna vote again!:D

NJCardFan
10-17-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm not watching the game but are you saying a split at home is good!?!?
You gotta go to SF and the yanks get to go to the BronX!

It's a 7 game series. Texas didn't win a home game in the last series and won it. Phils split the 2 games at home in last year's LDS and won the series. Last night's game was a fluke and we will show that the rest of this series.

patriot45
10-17-2010, 11:15 PM
It's a 7 game series. Texas didn't win a home game in the last series and won it. Phils split the 2 games at home in last year's LDS and won the series. Last night's game was a fluke and we will show that the rest of this series.

Haha! You sound scared! Lotta excuses. Just bite it! I hope you get one more home game!:D

Burn fillies!!!!

NJCardFan
10-17-2010, 11:58 PM
Haha! You sound scared! Lotta excuses. Just bite it! I hope you get one more home game!:D

Burn fillies!!!!
OK, we just won 6-1. What excuses am I possibly making? I said from jump street that the only team that can beat the Phillies are the Phillies and that's exactly what happened last night. And you haven't answered my question: how did the Rays make out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf1Ij1goh8o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U83gOhRdYD4

Nice fans there.

patriot45
10-18-2010, 12:22 AM
OK, we just won 6-1. What excuses am I possibly making? I said from jump street that the only team that can beat the Phillies are the Phillies and that's exactly what happened last night. And you haven't answered my question: how did the Rays make out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf1Ij1goh8o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U83gOhRdYD4

Nice fans there.

The Rays lost. I'm sad.

But the Yanks are right there!
The only team that can beat the fillys are The SF Giants and bar that... the Yanks!!!
Gonna be fun!

NJCardFan
10-18-2010, 12:24 AM
The Rays lost. I'm sad.

But the Yanks are right there!
The only team that can beat the fillys are The SF Giants and bar that... the Yanks!!!
Gonna be fun!

Bet you a nickel.

patriot45
10-18-2010, 12:28 AM
Bet you a nickel.

You're on!

Yanks vs fillys in the end!!!

Bailey
10-18-2010, 11:17 AM
I love when Rollins hit that double, he was saying in effect: you think I am a weak bat? then he promptly jams the ball down the pitchers throat. I love when that happens :)

I think someone should hypnotize Howard to believe the bases are empty when they are not, then he will drive in more runs. The guy cant seem to hit the ball with RISP.:mad:

Bailey
10-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Watching the replay of the game on the DVR and I really wish someone would hit a ball and leave a white smudge mark on that relief pitcher the giants have that has that beard. A white smudge right on that beard would be lovely.

NJCardFan
10-18-2010, 06:27 PM
I love when Rollins hit that double, he was saying in effect: you think I am a weak bat? then he promptly jams the ball down the pitchers throat. I love when that happens :)

I think someone should hypnotize Howard to believe the bases are empty when they are not, then he will drive in more runs. The guy cant seem to hit the ball with RISP.:mad:

I think this may motivate Rollins. They walked Werth just to get to him. 2 outs and they walk a batter to load the bases and he misses giving a fan a souvenir by mere centimeters. Personally, I think Rollins should make believe every pitcher is Johnathan Broxton.

patriot45
10-18-2010, 11:21 PM
I'm here to take my lumps! :mad:

I hate Cliff Lee!

Oh and giradi is a dope he left Robertson in there to give it up, the guy was getting smacked around! Yank his ass!
Cliff Lee is a monster.

NJCardFan
10-18-2010, 11:42 PM
Wow. The Yanks got taken to the shed. And the Yankee fans make me laugh. They couldn't get out of that stadium fast enough. If there was any doubt that Lee will be a Yankee next year, this game completely erased that. They will pay Lee anything he wants just so they won't have to face him again.

Bailey
10-19-2010, 07:02 AM
Wow. The Yanks got taken to the shed. And the Yankee fans make me laugh. They couldn't get out of that stadium fast enough. If there was any doubt that Lee will be a Yankee next year, this game completely erased that. They will pay Lee anything he wants just so they won't have to face him again.

Could you imagine this line up? Halladay,lee,hamles and/or Oswalt? Omg :D
wish we would've kept him :(

NJCardFan
10-19-2010, 11:44 AM
Could you imagine this line up? Halladay,lee,hamles and/or Oswalt? Omg :D
wish we would've kept him :(

If we had kept Lee, we would have never gotten Oswalt. That said, had we kept Lee, our pitching staff would look like this:

Roy Halladay
Cliff Lee
Cole Hamels
J.A. Happ
Joe Blanton

That is still fairly impressive.

Bailey
10-19-2010, 11:49 AM
If we had kept Lee, we would have never gotten Oswalt. That said, had we kept Lee, our pitching staff would look like this:

Roy Halladay
Cliff Lee
Cole Hamels
J.A. Happ
Joe Blanton

That is still fairly impressive.

With two yankee killers on the staff (lee halladay) man that wouldve been something to behold.

Molon Labe
10-19-2010, 12:52 PM
I'm here to take my lumps! :mad:

I hate Cliff Lee!

Oh and giradi is a dope he left Robertson in there to give it up, the guy was getting smacked around! Yank his ass!
Cliff Lee is a monster.

Yep....

This is like 2001 against the Diamondbacks and Schilling and Johnson all over again. The only difference is I don't think this Yank line up can raise the bar and push Lee if it even gets to a 7th game.

ralph wiggum
10-19-2010, 12:59 PM
Yep....

This is like 2001 against the Diamondbacks and Schilling and Johnson all over again. The only difference is I don't think this Yank line up can raise the bar and push Lee if it even gets to a 7th game.

The Rangers starters other than Lee aren't exactly slouches, they just aren't big names. Most casual fans couldn't even name C.J. Wilson, Colby Lewis & Tommy Hunter.

Bailey
10-19-2010, 04:45 PM
Bump for the start of the phillies game :)

Hamles looking pretty good so far.

ralph wiggum
10-19-2010, 05:15 PM
Bump for the start of the phillies game :)

Hamles looking pretty good so far.

They're both pitching quite well. Cain has only given up two hits, has 4 K's through three innings

Molon Labe
10-19-2010, 06:53 PM
In case I haven't mentioned it......The Giants are pitching better than any team in 90 years. ;)

patriot45
10-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Well that was interesting!

The Phillies are going to start Blanton next on 20 days rest and the Yanks are starting A.J. on 17 days rest. This can't be good!

NJCardFan
10-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Well that was interesting!

The Phillies are going to start Blanton next on 20 days rest and the Yanks are starting A.J. on 17 days rest. This can't be good!

Mark my words, the Phils are about to go down 3-1. IMO, I'd rather see them run Halladay out on 3 days rest. This is as much of a must win if there ever was one. Realistically, all the Phils have to do is win 1 game in SF but Blanton does not strike me with a whole lot of confidence.

The person I feel sorry for is Hamels. This team just does not score runs for this kid. Counting today, the Phillies have given him 2 runs or less run support 16 times, in 35 starts. This includes 5 shutouts. How many pitchers do you know who are on the wrong end of a shut out 5 times in a season?

On the lighter side, the Yankees are getting spanked again.

patriot45
10-19-2010, 11:20 PM
Mark my words, the Phils are about to go down 3-1. IMO, I'd rather see them run Halladay out on 3 days rest. This is as much of a must win if there ever was one. Realistically, all the Phils have to do is win 1 game in SF but Blanton does not strike me with a whole lot of confidence.

The person I feel sorry for is Hamels. This team just does not score runs for this kid. Counting today, the Phillies have given him 2 runs or less run support 16 times, in 35 starts. This includes 5 shutouts. How many pitchers do you know who are on the wrong end of a shut out 5 times in a season?

On the lighter side, the Yankees are getting spanked again.

Spanked ain't the word! This is embarassing.
A-rod looks like a dog turd and now Texiera is out with a hammy!

This game has had alot of drama! A homer almost interfered with, a foul homer called back, a bat breaking the camera. Broken bats , hit batters, a balk, a wild pitch. And the worst is that sculpted athelete Molina tearing the hide off the ball!!!:eek: I wouldn't be surprised if that porker steals a base! :D

NJCardFan
10-19-2010, 11:37 PM
Spanked ain't the word! This is embarassing.
A-rod looks like a dog turd and now Texiera is out with a hammy!

This game has had alot of drama! A homer almost interfered with, a foul homer called back, a bat breaking the camera. Broken bats , hit batters, a balk, a wild pitch. And the worst is that sculpted athelete Molina tearing the hide off the ball!!!:eek: I wouldn't be surprised if that porker steals a base! :D
What do you mean almost? 6 umpires on the field including 2 in the outfield and none of them could see that the fans clearly interfered with Hamilton. Look at the still:
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_mlb_experts__68/ept_sports_mlb_experts-443528025-1287535737.jpg?ym6B98DDTblBQEbf

C'mon. These yahoos are clearly over the wall.

patriot45
10-19-2010, 11:52 PM
I guess you are blind. The ball was actually in the stands. Yes the fat boy on the left hit his glove but the ball was in the stands.
:rolleyes: Like it matters.

patriot45
10-19-2010, 11:53 PM
Oh yeah, leave me alone! I'm fixin to kill myself! First the Rays and now the Yanks! Oh the pain! :D

Arroyo_Doble
10-20-2010, 09:17 AM
Those guys are the definition of douchebag.

ralph wiggum
10-20-2010, 09:23 AM
What do you mean almost? 6 umpires on the field including 2 in the outfield and none of them could see that the fans clearly interfered with Hamilton. Look at the still:
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_mlb_experts__68/ept_sports_mlb_experts-443528025-1287535737.jpg?ym6B98DDTblBQEbf

C'mon. These yahoos are clearly over the wall.

It was Nelson Cruz, not Hamilton. :cool:

ralph wiggum
10-20-2010, 09:24 AM
Those guys are the definition of douchebag.

Absolutely.

John Smoltz said it perfectly during the broadcast...paraphrasing...either build the walls higher or don't let the fans sit so close to the outfield wall.

Arroyo_Doble
10-20-2010, 09:40 AM
Absolutely.

John Smoltz said it perfectly during the broadcast...paraphrasing...either build the walls higher or don't let the fans sit so close to the outfield wall.

The one in the pinstripes on the right taunted Cruz after interfering (I think he even flipped him off) and the Down Syndrome guy on the left deliberately grabbed Cruz' glove in an attempt to strip the ball (was not in the glove).

Douchebag Stadium.

ralph wiggum
10-20-2010, 09:42 AM
The one in the pinstripes on the right taunted Cruz after interfering (I think he even flipped him off) and the Down Syndrome guy on the left deliberately grabbed Cruz' glove in an attempt to strip the ball (was not in the glove).

Douchebag Stadium.

Yeah, I saw the replay several times, but couldn't tell if he flipped Cruz off or not. Thankfully it didn't affect the outcome.

NJCardFan
10-20-2010, 10:51 AM
I guess you are blind. The ball was actually in the stands. Yes the fat boy on the left hit his glove but the ball was in the stands.
:rolleyes: Like it matters.

You're kidding, right? These guys are leaning over the wall. C'mon. Even a blind man can see that and the ball is in the stands because 6 hands prevented it from going into Cruz's glove(don't know why I said Hamilton). This isn't quite as bad as Jeffrey Maier who was a good 2 feet over the wall but it's close.

AmPat
10-20-2010, 01:34 PM
I'm rooting for any team that beats the Yankees. Strange, I like the players fine, I just can't root for a team that buys whatever talent they want. I also don't like the whole America's team crap. I also root against ANY team from Kalifornia. I'm shallow like that.:(

patriot45
10-21-2010, 12:10 AM
Well the Yanks live to play again! The Fillies lost a dramatic game tonite and need Halladay to beat Lincecom, gonna be a tough one! This has not gone the way I saw it, in either league!

Good luck to the Yanks and Fills, thats who I want to see in the World Series, a rematch! :D

NJCardFan
10-21-2010, 01:28 AM
Well the Yanks live to play again! The Fillies lost a dramatic game tonite and need Halladay to beat Lincecom, gonna be a tough one! This has not gone the way I saw it, in either league!

Good luck to the Yanks and Fills, thats who I want to see in the World Series, a rematch! :D

You know, I was going to come here and rip on the Phils but would you at least have the fucking respect to call them by their proper name.

JB
10-21-2010, 05:01 PM
ruh-roh raggy.

Bubba Dawg
10-21-2010, 08:12 PM
Giants Phillies.

1-0 San Fran in the first.....

Molon Labe
10-21-2010, 09:18 PM
Halliday doesn't look too great tonight. Giants really getting to him early

I'd rather have Cliff Lee in a playoff scenario

patriot45
10-21-2010, 09:25 PM
Halliday doesn't look too great tonight. Giants really getting to him early

I'd rather have Cliff Lee in a playoff scenario

This is a good game! 3-2 fillies right now, but the Giants are looking like they want this game!

Bye fillies! :D

I hate Cliff Lee.

Molon Labe
10-21-2010, 10:09 PM
This is a good game! 3-2 fillies right now, but the Giants are looking like they want this game!

Bye fillies! :D

I hate Cliff Lee.

He'll be wearing pin stripes next April. :p

patriot45
10-21-2010, 10:25 PM
He'll be wearing pin stripes next April. :p

Who!?

Lincecom, Halliday and Lee!?

warpig
10-23-2010, 12:25 AM
Whoooo......................beat like a DRUM!!! Go Rangers!!
I so hate the Yankees..................

49 Years. 1st World Series. WoW.

patriot45
10-23-2010, 01:00 AM

Hate on. Go Giants!
The Rays will be back for next year!:D

Bailey
10-23-2010, 07:11 AM
Hate on. Go Giants!
The Rays will be back for next year!:D

Keep rooting for the giants being the loser you are (well at least with picking winners :p) I am hoping that will carry the Phills to the ws.:D

Molon Labe
10-23-2010, 10:38 AM

Congrats.

They took it to the Yanks.....They will win if it's against Philly. If it's the Giants all bets are off

Bailey
10-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Congrats.

They took it to the Yanks.....They will win if it's against Philly. If it's the Giants all bets are off

How did you come up with that conclusion? when every stat the Phills are better then the giants. The only reason we didn't blow this team out is that our hitting was in a slump. If it wakes up forget about the Gaygers. That is if we win lol

Molon Labe
10-23-2010, 04:22 PM
How did you come up with that conclusion? when every stat the Phills are better then the giants. The only reason we didn't blow this team out is that our hitting was in a slump. If it wakes up forget about the Gaygers. That is if we win lol

1.78 ERA in September, the fifth-best mark by any team in any month in the last 90 years. (http://articles.latimes.com/2010/oct/02/sports/la-sp-1003-baxter-20101003)

Don't know how anyone could come to that conclusion. :rolleyes:

Why do you think they are getting ready to wrap things up against the almighty fillies?

Bailey
10-23-2010, 04:54 PM
1.78 ERA in September, the fifth-best mark by any team in any month in the last 90 years. (http://articles.latimes.com/2010/oct/02/sports/la-sp-1003-baxter-20101003)

Don't know how anyone could come to that conclusion. :rolleyes:

Why do you think they are getting ready to wrap things up against the almighty fillies?

Well we will see about wrapping it up. :rolleyes:

if not for ross or coss or whatever that douches name was they would be down a game. So pitching its not quite it.

JB
10-23-2010, 04:56 PM
1.78 ERA in September, the fifth-best mark by any team in any month in the last 90 years.Being fifth best at something, during the regular season, is the best you can come up with? LMAO.

By the way, it's October and the Series will extend into November. A far cry from September.

SF Regular Season ERA: 3.36
SF Postseason ERA: 2.52

Philly Regular Season ERA: 3.67
Philly Postseason ERA: 2.42

Rangers Regular Season ERA: 3.93
Rangers Postseason ERA: 2.76

source: ESPN

Since you value ERA so much, shouldn't the Phillies win the NLCS and then the WS since they have the best postseason ERA right now? Even better than the vaulted Giants? zOMG :eek:

Bailey
10-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Did you happen to see the dejected look on the Gaints faces after they lost lthe other day? Ill tell you what if they phills win tonight they are taking the 7th game mark my words. :cool:

Oh oswalt owns the giants least in game 2.

Molon Labe
10-23-2010, 05:30 PM
Well we will see about wrapping it up. :rolleyes:

if not for ross or coss or whatever that douches name was they would be down a game. So pitching its not quite it.

Good grief.... Pitching is EVERYTHING. And..yeah...I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the Septemer pitching stats and the fact that the Phils are on the brink is a pretty good indicator how hot the Giants rotation has been. I think that's a pretty effective stat.

And the Giants are still pitching pretty much to those September numbers.

Ask the Yanks how important pitching is. It doesn't matter who the Yanks have had with big bats.... When they haven't had strong starters....they get thumped

Molon Labe
10-23-2010, 05:32 PM
Being fifth best at something, during the regular season, is the best you can come up with? LMAO.

By the way, it's October and the Series will extend into November. A far cry from September.

SF Regular Season ERA: 3.36
SF Postseason ERA: 2.52

Philly Regular Season ERA: 3.67
Philly Postseason ERA: 2.42

Rangers Regular Season ERA: 3.93
Rangers Postseason ERA: 2.76

source: ESPN

Since you value ERA so much, shouldn't the Phillies win the NLCS and then the WS since they have the best postseason ERA right now? Even better than the vaulted Giants? zOMG :eek:

uh...5th best in the reg season? No..5th best in 90 years. Yeah....that's a pretty good indicator. Just ask the 2-3 Phils.

NJCardFan
10-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Did you happen to see the dejected look on the Gaints faces after they lost lthe other day? Ill tell you what if they phills win tonight they are taking the 7th game mark my words. :cool:

Oh oswalt owns the giants least in game 2.

I wouldn't classify their looks as dejected. It looked more like "oh shit" looks to me.

uh...5th best in the reg season? No..5th best in 90 years. Yeah....that's a pretty good indicator. Just ask the 2-3 Phils.

I give credit where credit is due. The Giants have earned every bit of this lead. None of their 3 wins was cheap. The Phils, on the other hand, had to rely on some real crazy stuff the other night to score 3 of their runs.

Phillygirl
10-23-2010, 08:21 PM
2-0 in the first. Phils are looking pretty good!

Phillygirl
10-23-2010, 09:02 PM
All tied up...and the benches are cleared! Damn, why couldn't I be at this game instead of last Saturday's. :mad:

Molon Labe
10-23-2010, 11:55 PM
Well we will see about wrapping it up. :rolleyes.

Even better than the vaulted Giants? zOMG :eek:

lol!

jendf
10-24-2010, 12:10 AM
Did anyone catch the post-game interview with Brian Wilson? :eek: Dude is weird.

And what was he talking about when referring to "the machine". I want to know and yet, I'm sure I really don't. But the commentators were all snickering afterward about it without explaining it.

NJCardFan
10-24-2010, 12:16 AM
Ryan Howard is an overrated, overpaid piece of horseshit. Bases loaded, 2 out, full count, and he.....watched strike 3 just sail on by. Just like you played it out on the playground as a kid, eh Ryan? I couldn't find an updated picture of Ryan Howard. This is all I could find:
http://mamrie.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/goat3a.jpg?w=308&h=335

Zathras
10-24-2010, 01:17 AM
Hell of a series no matter which side you support.

NOW BRING ON THEM RANGERS!!!!!!!! :D