PDA

View Full Version : Ouch! The New GOP ad against Obama

Elspeth
06-05-2008, 01:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2DECDKOFnw

CUNewbie
06-05-2008, 01:14 PM
I would think that it would be much more powerful if, interspersed with the current clips, would be the clips of the Reverend Wright, Father Plefger and Michelle Obama's rants against America.

Elspeth
06-05-2008, 01:16 PM
I would think that it would be much more powerful if, interspersed with the current clips, would be the clips of the Reverend Wright, Father Plefger and Michelle Obama's rants against America.

Oh, that's coming. This is soft-pedaling right now. The GOP has to be careful. I think they're saving the big guns for October.

Aklover
06-05-2008, 01:39 PM
Oh, that's coming. This is soft-pedaling right now. The GOP has to be careful. I think they're saving the big guns for October.

Rumours float of Michelle Obama giving a "kill whitey" speech but no one has seen the video, if Hillary had it it would have been used.

Somehow I think the Clintons are better at finding dirt than the GOP.

Elspeth
06-05-2008, 01:48 PM
Rumours float of Michelle Obama giving a "kill whitey" speech but no one has seen the video, if Hillary had it it would have been used.

Somehow I think the Clintons are better at finding dirt than the GOP.

I have my doubts about that video. However, I don't doubt Michelle Obama really feels that way.

Eyelids
06-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Obama's name was not brought up once in the Rezko trial. Not referenced at all, even in passing.

Keep trying to push Plefger and Wright down America's throats and see what happens... because I'll tell you right now it's going to backfire.

noonwitch
06-05-2008, 02:25 PM
The "kill whitey" thing is not true. Michelle was giving an emotional speech about Bush's delay in responding to Katrina and said "why'd he".

I will say this-if the GOP wants to do negative campaign ads, they just threw the first dirt. They will get "Keating 5" thrown back at them.

The worst attacks I've seen so far on McCain come from the 2000 primaries (S Carolina in particular), and they did not come from the DNC.

Elspeth
06-05-2008, 02:35 PM
The "kill whitey" thing is not true. Michelle was giving an emotional speech about Bush's delay in responding to Katrina and said "why'd he".

I will say this-if the GOP wants to do negative campaign ads, they just threw the first dirt. They will get "Keating 5" thrown back at them.

The worst attacks I've seen so far on McCain come from the 2000 primaries (S Carolina in particular), and they did not come from the DNC.

Actually, noonwitch, that "Why'd he" was spin from the Obama campaign. And that spin is the only thing that leads me to believe there might be a tape at all: why spin on something that doesn't exist?

All the same, I doubt the tape's very existence and always have. I figure one day we'll see it on Snopes.

Goldwater
06-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Obama's name was not brought up once in the Rezko trial. Not referenced at all, even in passing.

Keep trying to push Plefger and Wright down America's throats and see what happens... because I'll tell you right now it's going to backfire.

Wright will work with some Reagan Democrats, but it isn't an election winner.

Molon Labe
06-05-2008, 03:38 PM
One point from the vid folks....
I have no friggin' clue what "experience" means to people when it comes to government. But politicians sure do talk it up a lot...I guess because the public eats it up or something. How much do you need when it comes to confiscating taxes, and making deals to blood sucking lobbyists?

I'm much more concerned about Obama's or Hillary's inability to convey a blueprint for sound responsible government beyond sound bites and ubiquitous platitudes.
McCain does no better in my book. I'm not convinced he will, protect our freedoms, cut Government spending, get rid of the Neo-con warlords that have infiltrated the party.... and he definitely ain't going to bring back Conservatism in it's Reaganesque vein

Constitutionally Speaking
06-05-2008, 04:06 PM

McCain was thrown in the Keating 5 because he was the only Republican with any connection whatsoever to him. The evidence against him amounted to absolutely ZERO. It was the only way the Dem congress would investigate the issue. They did not want the dirt to be thrown solely at them. This is according to Bill Clinton's lawyer, Bob Bennett who participated in the trials.

Elspeth
06-05-2008, 04:11 PM
McCain was thrown in the Keating 5 because he was the only Republican with any connection whatsoever to him. The evidence against him amounted to absolutely ZERO. It was the only way the Dem congress would investigate the issue. They did not want the dirt to be thrown solely at them. This is according to Bill Clinton's lawyer, Bob Bennett who participated in the trials.

Do you have a link on that?

Eyelids
06-05-2008, 04:14 PM

Is that really it or are you just joking?

LibraryLady
06-05-2008, 04:22 PM

Another lie:

Obama's Name Surfaces in Rezko Trial

Barack Obama’s name just surfaced in today's opening arguments of the federal corruption trial of Antoin "Tony" Rezko, according to our ace reporter Melissa Murphy, who's at the trial.

Joe Duffy, a lawyer for Rezko, told jurors that his client met Obama when the presidential aspirant was a Harvard Law student, and that he tried to hire him to be general counsel for his construction company, an offer Obama apparently turned down.

Rezko supported many politicians, Duffy explained, as he laid out his argument against the government's laundry list of corruption charges.
http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2008/03/obamas-name-flo.html

Obama was a tangential figure at the trial, mentioned only a few times as a beneficiary of Rezko's fund-raising
http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/rezko/989348,CST-NWS-rezko05.article

Elspeth
06-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Another lie:

Obama's Name Surfaces in Rezko Trial

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2008/03/obamas-name-flo.html

Obama was a tangential figure at the trial, mentioned only a few times as a beneficiary of Rezko's fund-raising
http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/rezko/989348,CST-NWS-rezko05.article

Facts are interesting things, aren't they. :)

Oh, and look at this video made by a Hillary supporter who is voting for McCain (yep. Another one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovO8hFt8-c8&eurl=http://www.hcsfjm.com/

Molon Labe
06-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Is that really it or are you just joking?

She' right on this one. The tape isn't a smoking gun

CUNewbie
06-05-2008, 04:54 PM
McCain does no better in my book. I'm not convinced he will, protect our freedoms, cut Government spending, get rid of the Neo-con warlords that have infiltrated the party.... and he definitely ain't going to bring back Conservatism in it's Reaganesque vein

On the most important issues, McCain just as well call himself a Democrat. The only area in which I can agree with him is in the WOT.

Elspeth
06-05-2008, 04:57 PM
She' right on this one. The tape isn't a smoking gun

Actually, the tape might not even exist. But that "Why'd he" thing is just spin. It came out the night before Larry Johnson said he was going to release the tape and was spread over the internet.

But, as I said, I don't even believe this tape exists.

Elspeth
06-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Here's Obama's own words on it:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0608/Obama_denies_a_rumor_and_questions_the_question.ht ml

Obama denies a rumor and questions the question

Sen. Barack Obama on Thursday batted down rumors circulating on the Internet and mentioned on some cable news shows of the existence of a video of his wife using a derogatory term for white people, and criticized a reporter for asking him about the rumor, which has not a shred of evidence to support it.

“We have seen this before. There is dirt and lies that are circulated in e-mails and they pump them out long enough until finally you, a mainstream reporter, asks me about it,” Obama said to the McClatchy reporter during a press conference aboard his campaign plane. “That gives legs to the story. If somebody has evidence that myself or Michelle or anybody has said something inappropriate, let them do it.”

Asked whether he knew it not to be true, Obama said he had answered the question.

“Frankly, my hope is people don’t play this game,” Obama said. “It is a destructive aspect of our politics. Simply because something appears in an e-mail, that should lend it no more credence than if you heard it on the corner. Presumably the job of the press is to not to go around and spread scurrilous rumors like this until there is actually anything, an iota, of substance or evidence that would substantiate it.”...

My question is, why invent "Why'd he" if the tape doesn't even exist?

ReaganForRus
06-05-2008, 07:08 PM
Rumours float of Michelle Obama giving a "kill whitey" speech but no one has seen the video.

It is my understanding that the Michelle "rant" is from a Conference in 2004 in which such people as Bill Clinton and Bill Cosby attended. Michelle starts by attacking Bill Clinton for not doing enough in Africa and escalates big time after that. Trinity United hosted the event and sold the DVD's of the event until the dust up in march of this year. The "rant" was a panel discussion that also included Mrs. Farrakhan.........Let's see what develops.

Elspeth
06-05-2008, 07:21 PM
It is my understanding that the Michelle "rant" is from a Conference in 2004 in which such people as Bill Clinton and Bill Cosby attended. Michelle starts by attacking Bill Clinton for not doing enough in Africa and escalates big time after that. Trinity United hosted the event and sold the DVD's of the event until the dust up in march of this year. The "rant" was a panel discussion that also included Mrs. Farrakhan.........Let's see what develops.

You need a popcorn icon for this one...:)

Odysseus
06-05-2008, 08:12 PM

If that's the case, then it will come out. If not, let's not get carried away. It's not like Obama is that strong a candidate on the merits.

We'll all be sure to take that advice, given how much you sincerely want to see McCain in the White House...

LibraryLady
06-05-2008, 08:27 PM
I keep reading that this is a picture taken at the meeting

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/8853/obamafarrakhanetalmm9.jpg

Elspeth
06-05-2008, 08:28 PM
I keep reading that this is a picture taken at the meeting

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/8853/obamafarrakhanetalmm9.jpg

She can't be that tall!

:eek:

LibraryLady
06-05-2008, 08:30 PM
She's supposedly just under six feet.

Odysseus
06-05-2008, 09:47 PM
She's supposedly just under six feet.

Nothing like a large, angry woman to inspire the electorate. :D

lacarnut
06-05-2008, 11:58 PM
She can't be that tall!

:eek:

I need to wash my eyes out. All of them looked like they had been whipped with an ugly stick.

Eyelids
06-06-2008, 12:24 AM
Are you kidding? Michelle Obama will be the best looking first lady since Jackie, shes a very attractive woman.

LibraryLady
06-06-2008, 12:38 AM
My Dad would say "Whew, she looks mean enough to go bear hunting with a switch!!"

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/Michelle-Obama.jpghttp://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/img87311_t.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/9d2370125f_michelle_02192008.jpghttp://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/LaWanda_Page.gif

Eyelids
06-06-2008, 12:50 AM
hahaha assemble the most unflattering pictures you can possibly find.

http://www.whudat.com/news/images/michelle-obama-the-colbert-report-big.jpg

ralph wiggum
06-06-2008, 12:52 AM
Are you kidding? Michelle Obama will be the best looking first lady since Jackie, shes a very attractive woman.

Perhaps this deserves a new thread...best looking First Lady. :cool:

And FYI, if Michelle Hussein Obama becomes the first lady...she's in the Top 10, but only by default. We've had some homely first ladies.

LibraryLady
06-06-2008, 12:53 AM
She needs to learn to shave her pits. In many of her sleeveless photos (and she seems obsessed with sleeveless) you can see her shadow.

She might be attractive if her bitterness didn't show through.

ralph wiggum
06-06-2008, 12:58 AM

Heh...

...Blago is going down much more than Barry Hussein Obama. Rezko's fingerprints are much closer to Blago than Obama. Now, that's not to say that Barry Hussein Obama isn't a friend or pal of Rezko. Because they are, and you CANNOT deny that. Rezko raised a lot of money for Barry Hussein Obama, and now look at him.

Father Pfleger and Rev. Wright....their statements are worth millions of words in the General Election. Play their statements, and the uneducated whities will run to McCain, eyelids. Bank on it.

ralph wiggum
06-06-2008, 01:00 AM
She needs to learn to shave her pits. In many of her sleeveless photos (and she seems obsessed with sleeveless) you can see her shadow.

She might be attractive if her bitterness didn't show through.

Angry much, LL. :D :D :D

Eyelids
06-06-2008, 01:00 AM
Perhaps this deserves a new thread...best looking First Lady. :cool:

And FYI, if Michelle Hussein Obama becomes the first lady...she's in the Top 10, but only by default. We've had some homely first ladies.

who the hell is michelle hussein obama?

Zathras
06-06-2008, 01:01 AM
My Dad would say "Whew, she looks mean enough to go bear hunting with a switch!!"

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/Michelle-Obama.jpghttp://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/img87311_t.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/9d2370125f_michelle_02192008.jpg

Angry? Definately. Attractive? No way. You see liar, I judge a woman's beauty in more than just looks. Her attitude is ugly to me.

LibraryLady
06-06-2008, 01:02 AM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/obamawright.jpg

Elspeth
06-06-2008, 01:15 AM
If that's the case, then it will come out. If not, let's not get carried away. It's not like Obama is that strong a candidate on the merits.

We'll all be sure to take that advice, given how much you sincerely want to see McCain in the White House...

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h_a0bNjWz21hdwpTcoeXgG8BYgFQD91453A0B

People who might complicate Obama's campaign
JEREMIAH WRIGHT: Wright was Obama's minister for 20 years. He helped Obama embrace Christianity, performed Obama's marriage and baptized Obama and his two daughters. Most of America knows Wright only through a few snippets from his sermons and a couple of contentious public appearances. They're familiar with him shouting "God damn America" and accusing the government of creating AIDS.

ANTOIN REZKO: "Tony" Rezko is a businessman who has helped raise campaign money for Obama and many other Illinois politicians. He was convicted Wednesday on 16 of 24 counts involving mail fraud, wire fraud, money laundering and aiding and abetting bribery....Rezko and his family donated at least $21,457 to Obama and helped raise over $200,000 more, though not for his presidential bid. He also advised Obama on the purchase of a new Chicago home and, in his wife's name, purchased a vacant lot next door to the new Obama home when the seller wanted to dispose of both properties at the same time. Rezko then sold a slice of the property to Obama.

WILLIAM AYERS: Today, Ayers is a university professor and a member of Chicago's intellectual establishment. Forty years ago he was a member of the Weather Underground, a radical group that claimed responsibility for a series of bombings, including nonfatal explosions at the Pentagon and U.S. Capitol. Ayers was a fugitive for years with his wife, fellow radical Bernadine Dohrn. But after surrendering in 1980, the charges against Ayers were dropped because of prosecutorial misconduct. Obama has a very limited relationship with Ayers, who lives in the same neighborhood. They served together on the board of a Chicago charity, and in the mid-1990s when Obama first ran for office, Ayers hosted a meet-the-candidate session for Obama at his home.

EMIL JONES: Jones, the president of the Illinois Senate, amounts to Obama's political godfather and was an important part of Obama's longshot victory for U.S. Senate in 2004. He helped the little-known politician meet the right people, and he picked Obama to handle high-profile legislation during the two years leading up to the election.....Jones is known for steering state money to a few favored institutions, including some that employ his relatives. Several of his relatives have gotten state jobs, and his wife's government salary jumped 60 percent after he became Senate president. He has played an important role in blocking ethics legislation in Illinois.

ralph wiggum
06-06-2008, 01:33 AM
who the hell is michelle hussein obama?

How dense are you? :rolleyes:

AmPat
06-06-2008, 04:32 AM

That would be a diservice to Americans wouldn't it? When GOP's are found out doing much less, the GOP party disciplines them. When DIMS are caught, all you liberal apologists cascade out of the woodwork like cockroaches to defend them. Why wouldn't you want voters to know if the presumptive DIM candidate is a closet BIGOT?

Goldwater
06-06-2008, 07:59 AM
Michelle is ok, something about Cindy though... she is what? 65?

06-06-2008, 09:05 AM

Do you have a link on that?

I'll try, but I heard in in a radio interview.

noonwitch
06-06-2008, 02:23 PM
The connection to Ayers and his wife, Bernadine Dorn, is the one that is going to cause the most trouble.
60s radicals who crossed the line into terrorism are not popular-the Weatherpeople have a lot more in common with the SLA and the Manson Family than they do with the average peace protestor from the 60s.

LibraryLady
06-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Members of the Peace movement hated the Weather Underground for putting such a negative face on the rest of them.
Diana Oughten, Terry Robbins and Ted Gold DIED building bombs. I am old enough to remember what monsters Mark Rudd, Ayers, Dohrn, and Boudin were.

I hope everyone knows more about them soon.

AmPat
06-07-2008, 06:07 AM
hahaha assemble the most unflattering pictures you can possibly find.

http://www.whudat.com/news/images/michelle-obama-the-colbert-report-big.jpg

She brings out my inner Mandingo.:D

Wolsh two
06-07-2008, 09:38 AM
Every time Obama opens his mouth about foreign policy, 1. he messes up and has to later "clarify," and 2. He sounds as if he is mimicking his foreign policy handlers and cannot speak to anything more than the most superficial of issues of which he has memorized responses told to him.

06-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Every time Obama opens his mouth about foreign policy, 1. he messes up and has to later "clarify," and 2. He sounds as if he is mimicking his foreign policy handlers and cannot speak to anything more than the most superficial of issues of which he has memorized responses told to him.

He personifies the term "empty suit".

Eyelids
06-08-2008, 11:22 AM
How dense are you? :rolleyes:

I know who Michelle Robinson Obama is.

Sonnabend
06-08-2008, 11:39 AM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f62/Cerriadh/eyelids-1.jpg

Goldwater
06-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Obama's foreign policy is a lot more popular than it was in 2004.

LibraryLady
06-08-2008, 04:16 PM
I know who Michelle Robinson Obama is.

Her dad has been dead almost 20 years. Her middle name was LaVaughn.

linda22003
06-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Michelle is ok, something about Cindy though... she is what? 65?

Born May 20, 1954 - she's just a year older than I am.

Goldwater
06-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Born May 20, 1954 - she's just a year older than I am.

Wow much younger than I thought.