PDA

View Full Version : Larry David is a near-billionaire

SarasotaRepub
10-07-2010, 06:44 AM
Rut Roh!!! (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9271556)

Syrinx (1000+ posts) Thu Oct-07-10 05:39 AM
Original message Larry David is a near-billionaire

Don't get me wrong. I like Seinfeld reruns. They are funny.

And I like Curb Your Enthusiasm too. That show is also very funny.

But isn't something wrong with our system, when a couple of funny guys are set to share a 1.7 billion dollar windfall for making a funny tv show, when teachers do good to make 40k a year, and a good 15% of Americans are living in abject poverty?

I'm not sure about Seinfeld. He seems annoyingly smug to me. But I think Larry David might agree with my viewpoint.

I don't think Seinfeld and David are necessarily bad people. But I do think something is sick about a society that lets something like this happen.

DUmmies, instead of writing stupid shit like this why don't you just admit you're jealous as hell because you know you'll never see money like that??? :confused::D:p

djones520
10-07-2010, 07:07 AM
These are the same people who believe that us working stiffs in the military get paid to much. :rolleyes:

Sonnabend
10-07-2010, 08:03 AM
But isn't something wrong with our system, when a couple of funny guys are set to share a 1.7 billion dollar windfall for making a funny tv show, when teachers do good to make 40k a year, and a good 15% of Americans are living in abject poverty?

All the others have to do is come up with a brilliant idea like Seinfeld did, and make it work.I personally never watched it, but I know that he worked his ass off to make it happen...so why shouldnt he enjoy the fruits of the years of hard work he put into it?

I smell envy here.

noonwitch
10-07-2010, 09:18 AM
I've never been a Seinfeld fan or a fan of Larry David's-I never thought Seinfeld's show was funny. I don't resent them making money, though.

djones520
10-07-2010, 09:22 AM
I've never been a Seinfeld fan or a fan of Larry David's-I never thought Seinfeld's show was funny. I don't resent them making money, though.

I was never a huge fan of Seinfeld either, but Curb Your Enthusiasm has a weird attraction to it. It's like watching a train wreck in action, or being in an earthquake. Your just captivated, while wondering just how much worse the situation is going to get.

ralph wiggum
10-07-2010, 09:23 AM

I don't begrudge anyone who makes that kind of money. I don't particularly agree with paying some doofus $1 million per episode of a crappy TV show, but if that's what the market bears, I have no problem with it.

warpig
10-07-2010, 09:47 AM
They hate him for his money, yet he and his wife were contributors at the Huffington Post..................:eek:

FlaGator
10-07-2010, 09:51 AM
More examples of people who have unwarranted concern for other people's money.

Beefeater
10-07-2010, 11:34 AM
The flaw in the DUmmies logic, as usual, is that they somehow think that if somebody makes a lot of money then everyone else has to get less.

How do they figure that if David and Sienfeld made less, teachers would magically make more?

m00
10-09-2010, 09:58 AM
Maybe if there was as much consumer demand for education as there is for television. Oh wait, but for this to work we would need to privatize education....

hmm.....

warpig
10-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Larry David Net Worth
$300 Million USD

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/richest-comedians/larry-david-net-worth/

Julia Louis-Dreyfus Net Worth
$3 Billion USD

Youíre eyes arenít deceiving you and no we did not make a mistake when we say that Julia Louis-Dreyfus, the actress who played Elaine Benes in Seinfeld, has a personal fortune of $3 billion. How is it possible that Julia has nearly 5 times more money than Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld combined? Itís not from acting, itís not from endorsements, itís not from investing in real estate. Nope, a little known fact is that Julia is lucky to be the eldest daughter of billionaire Gerard Louis-Dreyfus, chairman of the Louis Dreyfus Energy Services.