PDA

View Full Version : Ahmadinejad thanks Pope for condemning Koran burn

Sonnabend
10-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Link (http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/ahmadinejad-thanks-pope-for-condemning-koran-burn/story-e6frfku0-1225935655351)

IRAN President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has written a letter to Pope Benedict XVI thanking him for condemning an American pastor's threat to burn the Koran on the anniversary of the September 11 attacks.

"I thank you for your stance in condemning the unwise act of a church in Florida, America, in insulting the word of God which hurt the hearts of millions of Muslims," Ahmadinejad said in the letter which was posted on the website of his office.

Then they need to grow a thicker skin.

Ahmadinejad told the Pontiff that there was a "need for a close cooperation of divine religions to restrict destructive moves such as ignoring of religious teachings, influencing people to be materialistic which were eroding human societies, especially families and the young generation."

..and to prove his point, he sits back and watches whilst his citizens are stoned for "adultery", or hanged for the crime of being gay

The letter was delivered on Wednesday to the Pontiff himself by the Iranian Vice President in charge of parliamentary affairs Mohammad Reza Mirtajodini. The pope last month denounced pastor Terry Jones' threat to burn the Muslim holy book
"I pray for the victims and I ask respect for religious freedom and that the logic of reconciliation and peace prevail over hatred and violence," the pontiff said at the Vatican.

What a pity the guy who wrote that letter doesn't think the same way.

Jones cancelled the plan to burn Korans after enormous pressure from world leaders including US President Barack Obama. But the mere threat to burn the Muslim holy book sparked riots and protests around the world.

Ah yes, that religion of peace and tolerance...........:rolleyes:

On the eve of the planned destruction of the Korans, Ahmadinejad had said the plan was part of a "Zionist plot" that would end up in the speedy "annihilation" of Israel.

Is anyone else besides me not surprised at this? Another threat against Israel..sure he wants nuclear power for peaceful purposes...suuure he does.....:rolleyes:

noonwitch
10-07-2010, 12:05 PM
This guy totally needs a shrink.

He's like this total jerkoff nutjob with nukes who every couple of years or so says something like this, like he just wants to be loved or something. He's definitely Freud's patient in hell.

FlaGator
10-07-2010, 01:36 PM

He's like this total jerkoff nutjob with nukes who every couple of years or so says something like this, like he just wants to be loved or something. He's definitely Freud's patient in hell.

If it weren't for the nuke part I wouldn't be able to tell if you're talking about Ahmadinejad or Sonna.

Sonnabend
10-07-2010, 09:10 PM
FlaGator: I actually want to thank you.

I wanted to thank you for proving that every single word I said about born - again Christians was 100% true. You and another person I know would get along very well together..both of you pious, self righteous in their faith.

And both of you utter hypocrites in word and deed.

FlaGator
10-08-2010, 08:58 AM
FlaGator: I actually want to thank you.

I wanted to thank you for proving that every single word I said about born - again Christians was 100% true. You and another person I know would get along very well together..both of you pious, self righteous in their faith.

And both of you utter hypocrites in word and deed.

On Edit: How am I being a hypocrite? Since you have less knowledge of Christianitythan wilbur (example: all Christians are born again - John 3:3) , I don't think that you are in a position to determine if I am being a hypcrite. Please enlighten me and try to be concise (that means a short quick answer not 50 lines of which only 3 make sense). If I am a hypocrite because I stated what I believe about you then I guess I am. It is being a hypocrite to speak one's mind? If that is true then what does it make you?

Zathras
10-08-2010, 09:01 AM

Naw, what he needs a dose of high velocity lead poisoning right between his beady little eyes.

Sonnabend
10-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Please enlighten me and try to be concise (that means a short quick answer not 50 lines of which only 3 make sense). If I am a hypocrite because I stated what I believe about you then I guess I am. It is being a hypocrite to speak one's mind? If that is true then what does it make you?

Comparing me to that nutjob in Iran? If you can't figure it out, God-botherer, that's not my problem.

FlaGator
10-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Comparing me to that nutjob in Iran? If you can't figure it out, God-botherer, that's not my problem.

Bwhahahahahahahaha!

That's not being a hypocrite that is calling a spade a spade! Learn the meaning of words before you use them.
BTW, you do act like him and just because you don't agree doesn't make me a hypocrite and if you can't figure that out then you are just as ignorant I you seem to be.

Just like him you have deluded yourself in to thinking that you have some mystic power tell others what to do and say. "Don't post in my thread", "Don't call it Palestine", etc. That tells me that you suffer from some form of delusions of grandeur and that is a sign of mental illness. You are just as big a nut job and Ahmadinejad and probably even more so because he is the head of a country and you are just some little Aussie piss ant poster on a internet message board who thinks his opinion matters more than the opinion of others. Call me what ever names you will but at least I am as mentally healthy as the next guy but you are seem to be very far from normal.

KhrushchevsShoe
10-09-2010, 04:38 AM
If it weren't for the nuke part I wouldn't be able to tell if you're talking about Ahmadinejad or Sonna.

Hah! That was good.

Sonnabend
10-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Y'know, FlaGator..I spent tonight with a group of men, and two exceptional women, who are the epitome of everything I admire. These men have known me in person for many years, some of them since childhood.

Tonight, they reminded me of one very important lesson...that for some, like you and wilbur, there is no redemption as much as you choose to say so, and that despite your pious nature and professed beliefs, who you are inside, FlaGator, leaves much to be desired..and even more to be ashamed of.

They, not you, matter. They, not you, know me better than any other. And they, not you, are the real Christians, the reality of who I know myself to be.

They reminded me tonight, through companionship and the very real and lasting friendship of over thirty years or more, that such as you are nothing and no one to heed, and nothing and no one to listen to.

Despite your professed beliefs of being "born again", I find, as they did, that who I am is nothing as you say, and in fact, they suggested that in fact, people like you cannot even begin to understand the person you are addressing, basing what you believe to be the truth, not knowing or caring that in fact, you know little or nothing.

I find your professed faith wanting, and suggest that you return to your Bible, and look for the verses that command you to speak as you do, of someone you really do not know.

Look as far as you will, you will not find them, for they are not there, and never have been. And that, FlaGator, comes from a real born again Christian, and one who has known me since I was nine years old.

I pity you.

FlaGator
10-11-2010, 12:42 PM
You are better than DU for cheap entertainment!!!

I am honored that you pity me. I must be doing something right!