PDA

View Full Version : U.S. gets off lightly in active hurricane season

SarasotaRepub
10-07-2010, 07:21 PM
:eek: Shocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N06276345.htm)

Source: Reuters
</SPAN>* Despite dire forecasts, season has been benign for U.S.

* Atlantic weather turned many storms harmlessly north

* Pacific enjoys one of the quietest seasons on record

By Tom Brown

MIAMI, Oct 6 (Reuters) - The 2010 Atlantic hurricane season has been very active in the number of storms but is likely to go down as a non-event for most people in the United States, which has so far dodged a major landfall, the top official U.S. hurricane forecaster said on Tuesday.

Before the June 1-Nov. 30 season got under way, residents of hurricane danger zones were warned by many forecasters they faced a very high probability of a major hurricane making landfall along the U.S. coastline.

Paging AlGore!!!! :D

Nasty Cuss
10-09-2010, 01:04 AM
I'll be the first one to say I'm grateful we had no season this year.

SarasotaRepub
10-09-2010, 09:40 PM
I'll be the first one to say I'm grateful we had no season this year.

As am I. :D

Although I love the POWER of a hurricane, it's just as well the so called experts blew it again.

I've said this before but I sincerely believe the weather bozos were damn disappointed the US wasn't hit by a major storm this year. Being CU's official Weather Geek, I follow the Hurricane Season very closely. If there is something worthy of mention, I'll post it.

I like the site WeatherUndergound.com and I give kudos to Jeff Masters for starting the site. BUT...:D Although his forecasts are something I take into consideration, his almost wishing for a land falling storm are something anyone reading his Blog posts can see.

It isn't blatant, but pretty fucking close.

And I still want to see Geraldo or Cantorie hit by lightning live. :D