PDA

View Full Version : Okay, I'm about to do a test run. I can't just sit here anymore.

SarasotaRepub
10-07-2010, 08:18 PM
O.M.G. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9276224) What a tale of woe / utter bullshit!!! This is a good one!!!

Better Today (1000+ posts) Thu Oct-07-10 06:32 PM
Original message Okay, I'm about to do a test run. I can't just sit here anymore.http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/transparent.gif

A few months back I put up a post about nearly being homeless, and looking to take my extensive and unusual photography equipment and myself on the road. (But of course, I didn't. Excuses to follow:) Right after that I got a job with the Census Bureau for about three weeks which kept me from going. Then I got another job, but that asshole after 4 weeks was clearly in no position to actually pay anyone, since I was his office manager/accountant, when I say it was clear, I mean it was clear. So we parted ways, nonetheless still delayed my going drive-about.

Well, I'm going on a test run, starting next week. I have a friend from CA that is going to a convention in Las Vegas, I'll meet him there, taking a few days to get there, then down to his place in CA. (Mooch) I built his website and he has new product so I'll spend a couple of days revamping his site, getting him new photography, etc. During that time I will live in his backyard in my utility trailer to test whether or not I have everything I need to be drive-about. Not that he hasn't offered his home to me, but I need the test.(Yeah...sure asshole.) After that I will return here, taking a few days to traverse up through northern CA and Oregon, to get anything I missed thinking the need of, and to return things I didn't really need and took up too much space.

Then I'll be heading out and about. Though my equipment is unique and imo exciting, right now very few will pay for professional photography or videography, particularly from someone like me (Translation:Smelly Hippie) who is a technical rather than artistic photographer. So my thought then and now, is to travel the US and record for posterity a lot of the anguish and homelessness and so on. (Say hi to bobbolink!!!) Back when I first posted this idea I had only photography, since then I have organized a set up to do videography, which doesn't seem like much till you realize that the unique thing about my set up is that I use a 50' mast allowing me to be well out of the way, and after set up, generally not noticed much. So I capture a reality that is sometimes missed from ground level when people know they are being recorded.

Yesterday, my wonderful neighbors helped me put a captain's bed in my small utility trailer. (Stolen U-Haul) Fortunately my actual equipment needed the 5'x8' trailer because the mast when collapsed is still 8' long, but it takes up almost no room at all side-to-side or up-n-down. Today and thru the weekend, I'll be loading the drawers and the trunk of my car with things I think I'll need to survive living on the road for an extended time. I have no doubt I'll make some mistakes in those choices, hence the test run.

I am nearly completely broke, (Typical...) actually I'm going to have to file bankruptcy because what little I have left was actually taken from a credit card account. (Scum) My daughter has transferred my cell to her billing, which is costs $10 instead of $60 and has agreed to pay that for me. Otherwise all I have left will go to gas and raw food, ie not restaurants or fast food. (Dumpster diving) I will likely be traveling with a very large, but very sweet dog. (Hey! With no money that's brilliant) I say likely, because he is part of this test. I don't know if he will really behave and tolerate this as well I hope. If he doesn't there's someone here who loves him and will take him.

More stupid at the linky...

:rolleyes::D

JB
10-07-2010, 08:23 PM
For the love of God leave the dog at home you filthy hippie.

Ohio Farmer
10-08-2010, 08:03 AM
Good grief. That rest of that post he tries to mooch off them, food, money, a place to stay.

Keeps talking about his 'project'.

What a damn loser.

PS appreciated the commentary, S.R.

hampshirebrit
10-08-2010, 08:14 AM
I would really appreciate having a safe place to park and sleep when it's possible, perhaps have a real meal (I'll be traveling primarily with rice and beans, cheap and filling), perhaps a load of laundry, and perhaps recharge some equipment.
I'll be starting in the NW

That'll be Mau10 and BSR then ... I'm sure they'll be cool about doing this guy's laundry, having him parked in their yards, recharging his gear and putting up with his bean-induced exhaust gasses.:D

marv
10-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Today and thru the weekend, I'll be loading the drawers and the trunk of my car with things I think I'll need to survive living on the road for an extended time. I have no doubt I'll make some mistakes in those choices, hence the test run.Don't forget the siphon hose for gas..........:D

Articulate_Ape
10-08-2010, 10:37 AM
http://www.malcontentmemoirs.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/homeless-guy-and-computer2.jpg

NJCardFan
10-08-2010, 10:40 AM
http://www.malcontentmemoirs.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/homeless-guy-and-computer2.jpg

Hey. I wonder if that the lap top that got smashed in that other bouncy.

hampshirebrit
10-08-2010, 03:33 PM

Obviously, his only option is a PC, rather than a real computer.

Poor bastard. I'd hate to be reduced to that.

http://www.cucat.org/images/tiny_apple_logo.png

Calypso Jones
10-08-2010, 05:51 PM
i can't stand people like that. poor dog.

SarasotaRepub
10-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Smelly wrote:

the unique thing about my set up is that I use a 50' mast allowing me to be well out of the way, and after set up, generally not noticed much. So I capture a reality that is sometimes missed from ground level when people know they are being recorded.

Can anyone say "Lightning Rod"? :D

m00
10-09-2010, 09:44 AM
I wonder if his dog is going to "eat raw food" too.