PDA

View Full Version : White House May Seek to Set 2025 Mileage Standards as High as 62 MPG

warpig
10-08-2010, 11:51 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUS65132648120101004

The Obama administration is reportedly considering taking the Natural Resources Defense Council up on its push to hike CAFE standards to 60 mpg by 2025. In fact, according to White House officials in a briefing conducted on Friday, the EPA and Department of Transportation have set the range of numbers that they might recommend for the next adjustment in fuel economy standards at between 47 mpg and 62 mpg. Next year, the government will issue a draft of the proposed rule, specifying for the first time the number that it will seek.

and no idea how to get there..................

noonwitch
10-08-2010, 12:01 PM
And that's exactly why Pelosi is an idiot. She fired Dingell from the transportation committee, and he was the one who had the best understanding of the auto industry's ability to improve CAFE standards.

Granted, this is coming from the administration, but Waxman, who replaced Dingell, will go along with whatever unrealistic standard they try to impose on the auto manufacturers because he doesn't know anything about the US auto industry.

I would love a car that got 62 mpg, though. My Focus gets about 35, even at 5 years of age.

Arroyo_Doble
10-08-2010, 12:21 PM
I would love a car that got 62 mpg, though. My Focus gets about 35, even at 5 years of age.

The new Focuses (Focii?) look great.

Constitutionally Speaking
10-08-2010, 03:36 PM
And people wonder why the auto industry is in trouble???