PDA

View Full Version : CNN Poll Shock: Bush Even with Obama

djones520
10-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Americans are divided over whether President Barack Obama or his predecessor has performed better in the White House, according to a new national poll.

And a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey released Friday also indicates in the battle for Congress, Republicans hold large advantages over the Democrats among independents, men and blue-collar whites. The poll also indicates that Republicans are much more enthusiastic than Democrats to vote.

By 47 to 45 percent, Americans say Obama is a better president than George W. Bush. But that two point margin is down from a 23 point advantage one year ago.

"Democrats may want to think twice about bringing up former President George W. Bush's name while campaigning this year," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland.

"But that doesn't mean that Americans regret their decision to put Obama in the White House in 2008. By a 50 to 42 percent margin, the public says that Obama has done a better job than Sen. John McCain would have done if he had won. And by a 10-point margin, Americans also say that Joe Biden has done a better job than Sarah Palin would have done as vice president," adds Holland.

Heh... Bush climbed 23 points in the polls, and he's been living the quiet life.

I included the last paragraph, because I thought it the last sentance was pretty relevent. When Biden is out polling Palin, that just goes to show her feasability as a candidate.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/08/cnntime-poll-was-bush-better-president-than-obama/

lacarnut
10-08-2010, 03:09 PM
I included the last paragraph, because I thought it the last sentance was pretty relevent. When Biden is out polling Palin, that just goes to show her feasability as a candidate.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/08/cnntime-poll-was-bush-better-president-than-obama/

You are a retard if you believe CNN's bullshit.

Articulate_Ape
10-08-2010, 03:20 PM
You are a retard if you believe CNN's bullshit.

I think that CNN would love to see her run. That is just another of the plethora of reasons that she won't, if she's smart that is. We'll see how smart she is soon enough.

Molon Labe
10-08-2010, 03:21 PM
I think that CNN would love to see her run. That is just another of the plethora of reasons that she won't, if she's smart that is. We'll see how smart she is soon enough.

"smart" and "Palin" are mutually exclusive terms. :)

lacarnut
10-08-2010, 03:31 PM

Our bet is still on, right. She has indicated that she might run. I think there will be overwhelming support from the Tea Party folks for her to run.

MountainMan
10-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Our bet is still on, right. She has indicated that she might run. I think there will be overwhelming support from the Tea Party folks for her to run.

Not from this one.

lacarnut
10-08-2010, 03:41 PM

I guess you have to be an Ivy leaguer, be able to read a teleprompter, be a career politician and never run a business to be really smart. Those really, really, really, really, really smart Presidents (present and past for the last 10 years) have fucked this country beyond belief.

MountainMan
10-08-2010, 03:43 PM
I guess you have to be an Ivy leaguer, be able to read a teleprompter, be a career politician and never run a business to be really smart. Those really, really, really, really, really smart Presidents (present and past for the last 10 years) have fucked this country beyond belief.

So did every dumb mother fucker who thought they deserved a home loan when in fact they couldn't afford it..So it wasn't just Ivy League types.

Articulate_Ape
10-08-2010, 03:46 PM

Of course it's still on. And while there is perhaps overwhelming support for HER within the Tea Party, I disagree that support for her to run for 2012 is at all overwhelming. Beyond that, it is not those affiliated with the Tea Party that are going to kick the Dems out in November, it's the independent voters who may agree with some of what the Tea Party represents. I don't think that Palin garners nearly the adoration from that group (a big and growing group) that she does from HER base within the Tea Party.

Again, I think she plays the spokes model very, very well. I absolutely do not think she has the stamina for the rigors of the presidency and I am betting she knows that. However, she's also an ex-beauty queen and knows how to keep that spotlight trained on herself. Like I said, we'll see.

lacarnut
10-08-2010, 03:56 PM
So did every dumb mother fucker who thought they deserved a home loan when in fact they couldn't afford it..So it wasn't just Ivy League types.

You are saying that Bush, Obama, Barney and Dodd are not Ivy League types. They are the ones that pushed the no money down, no job and don't give a shit if you can not make a payment on the mortgages. Could have fooled me. The dumb mother fuckers are not the ones that took out the loans; it's the ones listed above. They got to live in a house rent free for a year without making payment number one.

Articulate_Ape
10-08-2010, 04:11 PM

I guess that depends on what your definition of smart is.

lacarnut
10-08-2010, 04:37 PM
I guess that depends on what your definition of smart is.

Smart enough to make a couple of million in less than a year. We should all be that dumb.
Smart enough to make big bucks on speaking tours
Smart enough as Governor to back Exxon down on oil leases. Took the largest corporation in the US to court and won a suit forcing them to drill or give up the leases that they had been sitting on for many years.
Smart enough to push the Natural gas pipe line from AK to the lower 48
Smart enough to give taxpayers a refund from Oil revenues
Smart enough to clean up the graft and corruption of the AK oil board
Smart enough to have run a business with her husband.
Plus she pisses off Obama, liberals and the left wing media on a regular basis.

But, hey, you have to be an inside the beltway, graduate from an Ivy league school and be a career politician to be smart. No thanks. I would rather have someone with a little over average intelligence, have some common sense and KNOW how to create jobs from PERSONAL experience than the political hacks that will be running in the Repub. primaries.

Molon Labe
10-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Smart enough to make a couple of million in less than a year. We should all be that dumb.

Plus she pisses off Obama, liberals and the left wing media on a regular basis.

But, hey, you have to be an inside the beltway, graduate from an Ivy league school and be a career politician to be smart. No thanks. I would rather have someone with a little over average intelligence, have some common sense and KNOW how to create jobs from PERSONAL experience than the political hacks that will be running in the Repub. primaries.

It's really not that hard to make a cool fortune once you've been annointed into National politics. Once she got national recognition and quasi celebrity status, all it took was a book deal and speaking tours. Why...even William Hung figured out how to take adavantage of his situation to make some big money.

Sure she pisses off the media and the left. That's where the majority of the anger is always directed. If it were someone else in the limelight on the right, it would be "that" person. It was Bush, it was McCain, It was whoever was the poster child of the Republican party.

Let me tell you that I think the left is drooling at the prospects of putting her up.
For me she is just not the "best" we've got to offer.

lacarnut
10-08-2010, 07:56 PM
It's really not that hard to make a cool fortune once you've been annointed into National politics. Once she got national recognition and quasi celebrity status, all it took was a book deal and speaking tours. Why...even William Hung figured out how to take adavantage of his situation to make some big money.

Sure she pisses off the media and the left. That's where the majority of the anger is always directed. If it were someone else in the limelight on the right, it would be "that" person. It was Bush, it was McCain, It was whoever was the poster child of the Republican party.

Let me tell you that I think the left is drooling at the prospects of putting her up.
For me she is just not the "best" we've got to offer.

I had to look up who W.H. is. I don't watch stupid shit like American Idol. If you do, more power to you. You don't really believe that Joe Biden, Dan Quayle and other VP books would have sold as many as Palin's,do you?

She scares the shit out of the left because of her message. Pure and simple. You say there are better alternatives; like who? Huck a buck who raised taxes in AR. Newt who has gotten soft in the head. Romney who is a RINO that signed health care legislation in MA. I don't see anyone better than her that will stand up to Obama in a debate. Someone like the new Gov. of NJ would. None of the members of Congress have had the balls to challenge Obama care, the stimulus, etc until the Tea Party took hold. Every one of them is a bunch of fucking wimps.

She has the grit to tough it out. Most politicians who had their privacy and character assassinated by the media would have written a book, made a few million and went back home to peace and quiet. Not her, she wants to be in there giving them hell. My kinda candidate who will not back down. You have to admire a fighter like her. That damn sure is a different animal than daddy Bush and Junior.

Articulate_Ape
10-09-2010, 12:15 AM
Smart enough to make big bucks on speaking tours.

I rest my case. She would have to be stupid to throw that all away on a campaign that even people who like her as a person would not support because she is little more than a white, right, version of Barack Obama. I just hope she is smart enough to realize that.

lacarnut
10-09-2010, 12:44 AM
I rest my case. She would have to be stupid to throw that all away on a campaign that even people who like her as a person would not support because she is little more than a white, right, version of Barack Obama. I just hope she is smart enough to realize that.

You got the white and right part correct but that's it. I think she has big political ambitions but we will see.

Molon Labe
10-09-2010, 11:10 PM
I had to look up who W.H. is. I don't watch stupid shit like American Idol. If you do, more power to you. You don't really believe that Joe Biden, Dan Quayle and other VP books would have sold as many as Palin's,do you?

I really don't watch any of that stuff. But I am aware of some pop culture references. And I'm aware of how all you have to do is act stupid and you can make money.

Palin and Obama, being a minority, offer a celebrity buffet in politics . Two WASP Politicians like Biden/Quale represent a snorefest. Of course people aren't going to buy their books.