PDA

View Full Version : How much of a difference do you think the Internet makes between the 1994 and 2010 el

Beefeater
10-08-2010, 03:37 PM
MORON thinks AlGork invented the internet just for DUmmies.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9281391

Tony_FLADEM (1000+ posts) Fri Oct-08-10 03:04 PM
Original message
How much of a difference do you think the Internet makes between the 1994 and 2010 elections?

Edited on Fri Oct-08-10 03:06 PM by Tony_FLADEM
In 1994 there was no Internet and Democrats could not meet online and discuss politics and stay involved and thus motivated.

In 2010 people are able to go on DU and Facebook and discuss these things which helps with turnout.

Since the Internet came in to existence, Democrats have done well, with the exception being 2002 and 2004, although those elections were relatively close.

I don't think pundits are taking that into account when comparing 1994 and 2010.

Ya think he knows that we can access the net too?

Tony, you remind me of Holden Caulfield , jacking off in your mothers underwear and thinking you discovered something new.

Ree
10-08-2010, 03:41 PM
I wonder how many of the DUmmies would feel if they knew the 'net was invented by the DoD and not Al bore..:D

m00
10-09-2010, 10:21 AM
I wonder how many of the DUmmies would feel if they knew the 'net was invented by the DoD and not Al bore..:D

I hate to say this, but Al Gore really was the force behind getting Congress to allow the early Internet to be what it was.

Apache
10-09-2010, 11:18 AM
I hate to say this, but Al Gore really was the force behind getting Congress to allow the early Internet to be what it was.

That's not what she said though...

m00
10-09-2010, 11:20 AM
That's not what she said though...

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

Apache
10-09-2010, 11:33 AM

I took the initiative in creating the Internet.

His own words! He was hoping no one would dig into the claim and had tpo backpedal with umm ummm ummm, when he was cornered.

Now the fact that he played a role with the way it is today is not in dispute. What is, is the quote above...

m00
10-09-2010, 11:39 AM
His own words! He was hoping no one would dig into the claim and had tpo backpedal with umm ummm ummm, when he was cornered.

Now the fact that he played a role with the way it is today is not in dispute. What is, is the quote above...

It was a clumsy statement, and a bit self-indulgent. But it's not completely false either. He did take the initiative in the creation of the Internet, as the Internet we know today would not have existed without Congressional actions. And Gore was the force behind those actions.

Apache
10-09-2010, 11:54 AM
It was a clumsy statement, and a bit self-indulgent. ...

As were other claims he made during that campaign...;)

Wei Wu Wei
10-09-2010, 12:10 PM

I would how many of the conservatives and libertarians would feel if they knew the 'net was invented by BIG GOVERNMENT rather than by private business.

Same with the Space Race.

Human Genome Project.

Manhattan Project.

ect.

Wei Wu Wei
10-09-2010, 12:12 PM
I wonder how REAL AMERICANS would feel to know that the Soviet Union (more like satanic union) perfected satillete transmissions that make the internet and all global communications possible

m00
10-09-2010, 12:16 PM
I wonder how REAL AMERICANS would feel to know that the Soviet Union (more like satanic union) perfected satillete transmissions that make the internet and all global communications possible

Why are you here exactly? Two troll posts in one day.

djones520
10-09-2010, 12:49 PM

Gore used bad wording to make himself look like he did more then he really did. That is what people mock when they say that.

A lot of people slam Snopes for being "left wing" and normally I'd say those people are full of it, but this one is definitely "left serving".

Even though Create and Invent are synonyms of each other, the article goes to try to explain a "massive" differance between the two that clearly :rolleyes: shows that Gore wasn't trying to claim responsibility for the internet being in existence. It then goes on to try to show parrallels that really are nothing alike to this situation.

This one was bad work on Snopes part.

Apache
10-09-2010, 01:05 PM

Ummm :rolleyes:

Apache
10-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Why are you here exactly? Two troll posts in one day.

He wants the attention...

djones520
10-09-2010, 01:15 PM

Well considering Satellite Transmissions are just.... RADIO transmissions, you are wrong again. The first true Radio Transmissions were conducted by a British scientist. Thought Edison was the first to use electrostatic coupling, that the aformentioned Brit purchased rights from Edison to develop his thing.

It was a combined effort between the Brits and American's who then "perfected" radio transmissions.

I really hope you don't teach history.

Ree
10-09-2010, 01:15 PM
I would how many of the conservatives and libertarians would feel if they knew the 'net was invented by BIG GOVERNMENT rather than by private business.

Same with the Space Race.

Human Genome Project.

Manhattan Project.

ect.
Guess you're not away just when the 'net was invented...Big Government my ass...
Now go read a freakin history book little boi.