PDA

View Full Version : When is armed rebellion a legitimate right of the people?

SarasotaRepub
10-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Yep, it's about time for a DUmmie "Rebellion" thread. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9277032)

BrentWil (851 posts) Thu Oct-07-10 09:14 PM
Original message When is armed rebellion a legitimate right of the people?http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/transparent.gif

This county was founded by an armed rebellion. Yet, if it is mentioned today, it is seen as highly dangerous. This seems odd to me. Not that it isn't highly dangerous. It is. The American Revolutionary period saw the death of an ungodly amount of people (there was a small pox epidemic going on at the same time).

The thing that I can't wrap my mind around is that the right of rebellion was a foundation of the classical liberal movement. (WTF?? :confused:) John Locke called it an "appeal to heaven", for example. Today, we and the right use all sorts of extreme language to describe the other side. My point is, if we truly believe that the right is as bad as we say and that when they are in power, their policies result in thousands of death by war, and tyrannical rule, shouldn't it follow that they should be resisted at all cost? (Face Palm) I wouldn't advocate that, but when you look at how both sides describe the other, it seems like something that our founders would have rebelled against.

The question then follows, is armed rebellion EVER called for? If so, when? Is this something that should be left in the past? Do we as a people need to watch our language on both sides?

Just remember DUmmies who has the majority of the guns and knows which end da bullets come out of. :p:D

djones520
10-09-2010, 06:55 AM
It's interesting to see this over there, since we're always the harbingers of doom. :rolleyes:

As far as I see it, as long as the main tenants of the Constitution are still adhered to, there will never be a call for armed revolution within this country again. We still have means to redress the government. We still have means to peacably change the path of our nation and people.

As long as we have those means, then there will never be a need to take up arms.

Ree
10-09-2010, 08:45 AM
Someone get a shot of testosterone?

Cseeman
10-09-2010, 10:06 AM
Who do the liberals want to take the country back from.... The liberals... who would he have the liberals raise up against.. he already has a liberal president hell bent on doing whatever he wants and a congress that untill recently was willing and able to do anything the president wanted...

I ask myself.... did this DU poster really think this through .... ?????????????

ironhorsedriver
10-09-2010, 10:06 AM
Well, one things for sure. It wouldn't be long after they fired the first shot, that there wouldn't be any liberals anymore.

m00
10-09-2010, 10:18 AM
Who do the liberals want to take the country back from.... The liberals... who would he have the liberals raise up against..

They want to take the country back from the VRWC that controls the media & everything, and who are preventing Obama from doing a good job.

Calypso Jones
10-09-2010, 10:29 AM
The rhetoric from the right that the poster refers to is nonexistent except for what the media types CLAIM the right has said. I AM however seeing a lot of incendiary remarks and references by the left. It doesn't matter about the constitituion, the basis for overt viiolence is being set on a smaller scale at rallies and town halls right now. AND by the words of our so called leaders. Obama and Biden. Their war and propaganda ministers in the media are smoothing the paths.

bijou
10-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Who do the liberals want to take the country back from.... The liberals... who would he have the liberals raise up against.. he already has a liberal president hell bent on doing whatever he wants and a congress that untill recently was willing and able to do anything the president wanted...

I ask myself.... did this DU poster really think this through .... ?????????????

To be fair, you could say the same for most of that which is posted at DU. :D

Cseeman
10-09-2010, 01:02 PM
The radicals of the 1960's claimed that they wanted peace... but funny thing they only protested in the U.S. and other western countries... They never had the guts to protest in Russia, China and at that time the true starter of the war North Korea...

I always asked my older brother, ( he grow up and was extremely involved in the 60's protest B.S.) if they really want peace why don't they protest in Russia and the other countries involved in producing war machines.. he never had a answer for this question

That is because they either had no friggin idea what they were protesting or they really wanted the end of capitalism and the american way

noonwitch
10-11-2010, 01:37 PM
The radicals of the 1960's claimed that they wanted peace... but funny thing they only protested in the U.S. and other western countries... They never had the guts to protest in Russia, China and at that time the true starter of the war North Korea...

I always asked my older brother, ( he grow up and was extremely involved in the 60's protest B.S.) if they really want peace why don't they protest in Russia and the other countries involved in producing war machines.. he never had a answer for this question

That is because they either had no friggin idea what they were protesting or they really wanted the end of capitalism and the american way

I don't think that Russia or China would have let them in to protest. In the 60s, very few americans went to either. Nixon opened up diplomatic relations with both countries in the early 70s.

Bongo55
10-11-2010, 04:34 PM
HHmmmm Cowboys & liberals.

Those folks sure can go from 0 to Drama Queen in a heartbeat can't they.

warpig
10-11-2010, 09:40 PM
When is armed rebellion a legitimate right of the people?

When they win.

SarasotaRepub
10-11-2010, 09:47 PM
When is armed rebellion a legitimate right of the people?

When they win.

True, but with the DUmmies, it's when Keith Olbermanns ratings go up. :D

warpig
10-11-2010, 11:40 PM

:D

FDK
10-12-2010, 12:25 PM
They want to take the country back from the VRWC that controls the media & everything, and who are preventing Obama from doing a good job.

You sure you're not a DUmmie? ;)

Ree
10-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Or hell freezes over...:p

AmPat
10-12-2010, 03:48 PM

This idiot tried to be fair and balanced and share the blame. He failed because he placed the blame on Right wingers.
Today, we and the right use all sorts of extreme language to describe the other side. My point is, if we truly believe that the right is as bad as we say and that when they are in power, their policies result in thousands of death by war, and tyrannical rule, shouldn't it follow that they should be resisted at all cost? :rolleyes:

Odysseus
10-12-2010, 03:54 PM
I don't think that Russia or China would have let them in to protest. In the 60s, very few americans went to either. Nixon opened up diplomatic relations with both countries in the early 70s.

See, you're being unkind. The Soviets and Chinese would have happily let American anti-war activists protest against America in Moscow or Beijing. :D

AmPat
10-12-2010, 05:43 PM
When is armed rebellion a legitimate right of the people? There's a reference to it in the Declaration of Independance DUmmy.:rolleyes:

Odysseus
10-12-2010, 06:58 PM
In general, liberals believe that there is a right to armed resistance whenever Republicans are in power, and a right to cravenly submit when Democrats are in power.

SarasotaRepub
10-12-2010, 08:36 PM
See, you're being unkind. The Soviets and Chinese would have happily let American anti-war activists protest against America in Moscow or Beijing. :D

Till they ran them over with T-80 tanks when no one was looking. :D