PDA

View Full Version : When Racism Claims Go From Ridiculous To Sublime

NJCardFan
10-09-2010, 05:31 PM
In the "now I've heard everything" category, LeBron James is claiming that the criticism he's getting from Cleveland for leaving is racism. Wow. These people and the tossing around the race card like it was beads at Mardi Gras is incredibly stupid. I guess the fact that he held the city and Cavaliers hostage. Here is the conversation James had on CNN:

O’BRIEN (on camera): Do you think there’s a role that race plays in this.

JAMES: I think so at times. It’s always, you know, a race factor.

CARTER: It definitely played a role in some of the stuff coming out of the media, things that were written for sure. http://sportsbybrooks.com/lebron-claims-racism-factor-in-decision-backlash-29063

So, the media criticizing him for that circus when he announced he was going to Miami was all racism. :rolleyes: Unbelievable. But this is the current climate. Criticize someone who is not white and it's all about race. I am convinced that a black person can go on national television, shoot someone's head off, and the criticism that follows will be based on race.

Bubba Dawg
10-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Lobrain needs to get real.

The negative reaction to his idiotic over-the-top Decision had everything to do with his idiotic over-the-top Decision and nothing to do with race.