PDA

View Full Version : My son in law is being sent to Iran - well, the Persian Gulf

SarasotaRepub
10-09-2010, 10:32 PM
The invasion is on!!! (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9263125) :rolleyes:

ashling (1000+ posts) Tue Oct-05-10 11:27 PM
Original message My son in law is being sent to Iran - well, the Persian Gulf

My daughter called the other day to tell me that is aircraft carrier is being sent to the Persian Gulf.

proteus_lives (1000+ posts) Sat Oct-09-10 05:31 PM
Response to Reply #3 (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9263125#9263831)

7. What's wrong with a career in the Navy? Out of curiosity.

bherrera (543 posts) Sat Oct-09-10 06:54 PM
Response to Reply #7 (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9263125#9287283)

12. Maybe because US soldiers do not fight for the USA They fight for the empire. Which is not a good reason to die.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:CVyYeelFH1FmMM:http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/GilRuiz1/vader_facepalm.jpg&t=1

swirling_vortex
10-10-2010, 12:06 AM
If we're an empire, then where's my frigging lightsaber?

Sonnabend
10-10-2010, 04:06 AM
Has anyone checked to see if this troop movement has been released for publication? If not, then this DUmmie has opened their big yap and earned some serious trouble......

djones520
10-10-2010, 04:46 AM
Has anyone checked to see if this troop movement has been released for publication? If not, then this DUmmie has opened their big yap and earned some serious trouble......

There's not dates released, no specific locations given.

It's no differant then saying I'm going back to Illinois in January.

gator
10-10-2010, 11:42 AM
12. Maybe because US soldiers do not fight for the USA They fight for the empire. Which is not a good reason to die.

That is wrong.

This is the correct thing to say.

"US Soldiers do not fight for the USA. They fight because foreign lobbyists pay off American elected officials. Which is not a good reason to die".

djones520
10-10-2010, 11:47 AM
That is wrong.

"US Soldiers do not fight for the USA. They fight because foreign lobbyists pay off American elected officials. Which is not a good reason to die".

Shut up you waste of air.

gator
10-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Shut up you waste of air.

So it is a waste of air to talk about the foreign lobbyist buying off our elected officials so that the US will subsidize their military and fight their wars for them?

Would you like for me to list some of those countries?

When was the last time an American soldier died for fighting for the security of the US?

It hasn't been with the war on terror because we got pulled into this war by taking sides in a conflict 40 years ago that had nothing to do with the security of the US.

It sure as hell wasn’t fighting for the security of the Bosnians Muslims or the Somalian warlords, was it?

It sure wasn’t to protect the Kuwaits or Saudis in Gulf War I, was it?

It wasn’t in the Cold War because the only reason we got into a conflict with the Soviets was because we were protecting Europe.

It might have been fighting Japan after they attacked us in WWII except we were interfering with their conflict with China and trying to bottle them in the Pacific.

It sure as hell wasn’t fighting the Germans in WWII because the Germans couldn’t even gain air superiority over the Brits no less be a significant threat to us.

It sure as hell wasn’t WWI because the Germans were not going to doing any real harm to the US.

The last time I remember an American fighting for their country was when the people of the South stood up to the invasion by the assholes from the North.

You might say the War of 1812 except we started it over an issue that was settled before the war started.

Kicking the ass of the Indians was necessary if we were going to take over the place.

Fighting the British to establish our country was necessary.

The only thing with the War with Mexico was getting the Mexicans to agree to sell us some land. You would think that if we kicked the ass of the Spics then at least we would have taken the land but instead the settlement was to sell us land. Duh.

The US is notorious for fighting wars that have nothing to do with our real security. Our politicians are bought and paid for by the foreign lobbyists of a dozen countries. For instance, why do we provide security for Japan? They are one of the richest countries in the world. Why don’t they pay for their own military? Why should the American taxpayer pay out good money so they Japanese can live well? If they don’t want their own military then why aren’t they paying us billions of dollars a year to provide protection for them? Why do we do it for free?

The reason why our troops die for other countries is because people like you are too damn stupid to know any better. Maybe you know but you just don't give a shit.

m00
10-10-2010, 06:22 PM
The US is notorious for fighting wars that have nothing to do with our real security. Our politicians are bought and paid for by the foreign lobbyists of a dozen countries. For instance, why do we provide security for Japan? They are one of the richest countries in the world. Why donít they pay for their own military? Why should the American taxpayer pay out good money so they Japanese can live well? If they donít want their own military then why arenít they paying us billions of dollars a year to provide protection for them? Why do we do it for free?

Wow gator, you would have asked me 'the question' 5 years ago for saying this. What changed?

Apache
10-10-2010, 08:32 PM
The US is notorious for fighting wars that have nothing to do with our real security. Our politicians are bought and paid for by the foreign lobbyists of a dozen countries. For instance, why do we provide security for Japan? They are one of the richest countries in the world. Why donít they pay for their own military? Why should the American taxpayer pay out good money so they Japanese can live well? If they donít want their own military then why arenít they paying us billions of dollars a year to provide protection for them? Why do we do it for free?

The peace agreement at the end of WWII answers all of that.

Ree
10-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Wow gator, you would have asked me 'the question' 5 years ago for saying this. What changed?
He got that old timers disease....

Zathras
10-11-2010, 02:30 AM

A sudden terminal case of Rectal Cranial Insertion Syndrome. He has his head stuck so far up his ass he looks like your average DUmmie.

djones520
10-11-2010, 04:53 AM
You are so easy to goad now a days Gator.

I could answer everyone of your questions, but there would be no point in it. Just like with Israel, whenever you are confronted with facts, you wrap yourself in blind hatred till you can see nothing else.

noonwitch
10-11-2010, 04:18 PM
Back to the original Dummie comments: Haven't we pretty much had aircraft carriers in the Persian Gulf for a good part of the last 20 years? Since the first Gulf War?

How can sending another one there, when we have troops on the ground in two nearby countries that probably require the support of an aircraft carrier, signal an invasion of Iran?

Not to even mention that Obama is not likely to order an invasion of Iran without some type of provocation beyond their nuke-building. I'm pretty sure that Israel will eventually deal with that by sending a squadron of fighter jets in the direction of their nuclear sites.

Sonnabend
10-12-2010, 02:42 AM
It sure as hell wasnít WWI because the Germans were not going to doing any real harm to the US.

http://motivateurself.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/implied-facepalm.jpg?w=500&h=387

Odysseus
10-27-2010, 11:03 AM
If we're an empire, then where's my frigging lightsaber?
I was issued a laser pointer for PowerPoint briefings. Does that count?

So it is a waste of air to talk about the foreign lobbyist buying off our elected officials so that the US will subsidize their military and fight their wars for them?

In all fairness, pretty much everything that you do is a waste of air. This is just more obvious.

Would it stop you if we said "no"?

When was the last time an American soldier died for fighting for the security of the US?
A few days ago, idiot.

It hasn't been with the war on terror because we got pulled into this war by taking sides in a conflict 40 years ago that had nothing to do with the security of the US.
It sure as hell wasnít fighting for the security of the Bosnians Muslims or the Somalian warlords, was it?
It sure wasnít to protect the Kuwaits or Saudis in Gulf War I, was it?
It wasnít in the Cold War because the only reason we got into a conflict with the Soviets was because we were protecting Europe.

So, the Jihadis wouldn't have bothered us if it weren't for Israel? How do you explain the Barbary Pirates? In March 1786, Thomas Jefferson, who was the US ambassador in France, and John Adams, the ambassador to Britain, met with the ambassador from Tripoli in London. They asked why American merchant ships were being attacked without provocation.

The ambassador explained that Muslim pirates considered Americans to be infidels and they believed they simply had the right to plunder American ships. But, apparently, he was anticipating our involvement in a Middle Eastern conflict a centurya and a half later. As for the others, if you don't understand that oil is the lifeblood of modern economies, and that its concentration in the hands of a maniacal dictator was a threat to our economic interests, then you're as stupid as... well, as we already know you are.

It might have been fighting Japan after they attacked us in WWII except we were interfering with their conflict with China and trying to bottle them in the Pacific.

It sure as hell wasnít fighting the Germans in WWII because the Germans couldnít even gain air superiority over the Brits no less be a significant threat to us.
Wow. This may be the most ignorant recitation of the history of WWII that I have ever read. Truly amazing in its complete disregard for the facts and its delusional paranoid idiocy.

It sure as hell wasnít WWI because the Germans were not going to doing any real harm to the US.
Aside from sinking neutral ships and offering American territory to Mexico in return for a declaration of war, naaaaaaaaahhhh...

The last time I remember an American fighting for their country was when the people of the South stood up to the invasion by the assholes from the North.
So, the last time that you remember Americans fighting for their country was when the South tried to dissolve it? What color is the sky in your world?

You might say the War of 1812 except we started it over an issue that was settled before the war started.
You might say that, if you were an idiot.

Kicking the ass of the Indians was necessary if we were going to take over the place.
You know, I've never really thought of us as the bad guys in the Indian Wars until you put it that way. I'm so glad that we've never been on the same side of a debate.

The war began as a fight to gain recognition of the rights of colonists as English citizens. Independence became the goal only after a year of conflict. You sound like Howard Zinn.

The only thing with the War with Mexico was getting the Mexicans to agree to sell us some land. You would think that if we kicked the ass of the Spics then at least we would have taken the land but instead the settlement was to sell us land. Duh.
Generally, you're more careful to hide your bigotry behind a screen. "Filthy Israelis" instead of "filthy Jews", for example, but using "Spics" to describe Mexicans is rather blatant.

Because we disarmed them. We could permit them to rearm in a heartbeat if we wanted to see Asia collapse into conflict again, and since most of our trading partners are now on the Pacific Rim, that might not be the smartest move.

The reason why our troops die for other countries is because people like you are too damn stupid to know any better. Maybe you know but you just don't give a shit.

Or maybe, just maybe, we think about things differently than you do. Not being malicious bigots helps.

Arroyo_Doble
10-27-2010, 11:11 AM
You know, I've never really thought of us as the bad guys in the Indian Wars until you put it that way.

Who were the bad guys?

noonwitch
10-27-2010, 11:42 AM
Who were the bad guys?

The Go-Go Gophers? They were a very troublesome tribe.

djones520
10-27-2010, 11:50 AM
Who were the bad guys?

Both sides were. It was two completely differant cultures in an inevitable clash. One that saw killing as nothing immoral, while another despite it's claims of morality, didn't think twice about looking the other way when it's "deals" where being violated, and committed atrocities of it's own.

If there was a "just" side, I'd have to side with the Native Americans. But they certainly didn't fight a "just" war.

Rockntractor
10-27-2010, 12:27 PM
But they had no buffalo to hunt no tribe to lead, what cold they do for fun?:confused:

Odysseus
10-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Who were the bad guys?
Liberals.

Seriously, there were good guys and bad guys on both sides, and ultimately, the side with the industrial capacity won. Get over it.

Oopie doopie! We have fun!

Both sides were. It was two completely differant cultures in an inevitable clash. One that saw killing as nothing immoral, while another despite it's claims of morality, didn't think twice about looking the other way when it's "deals" where being violated, and committed atrocities of it's own.

If there was a "just" side, I'd have to side with the Native Americans. But they certainly didn't fight a "just" war.
There wasn't much justice to the Indian Wars on either side. The Indians were used to tribal warfare and didn't understand that the tribe that could make gunpowder was too tough to mess with until the pattern of conflict had been established.

Arroyo_Doble
10-27-2010, 02:46 PM
Liberals.

That is one of the few correct statements I have seen you make but probably not for the reason you think.

Seriously, there were good guys and bad guys on both sides,

Like most conflicts, I suppose.

Odysseus
10-27-2010, 04:47 PM
That is one of the few correct statements I have seen you make but probably not for the reason you think.

If you think that it is correct, I will have to reexamine it.

Like most conflicts, I suppose.

Yes, but in this case, the overarching conflict wasn't one in which one side was automatically right or wrong, unlike, say, WWII or the current Global Contingency Operation Against Man-Made Disasters or whatever the PC crowd is calling it this week.

swirling_vortex
10-27-2010, 06:34 PM
I was issued a laser pointer for PowerPoint briefings. Does that count?
Only if it can destroy planets. :)

Odysseus
10-27-2010, 06:52 PM

Well, I'd need a lot of AAA batteries... :D

djones520
10-28-2010, 02:40 AM

Powerpoint briefings can't destroy planets, but they can commit genocide. Does that work?

The Taliban is going about this war all wrong, with their bombs and bullets. The greatest weapon to use against the American warrior is PowerPoint.

Sonnabend
10-28-2010, 04:26 AM
Gator is seriously losing it. Does he really think that once the Germans had all of Europe conquered, the Pacific subjugated under Japanese / German allied rule, massive air dominance and a stranglehold on half the world, they were going to suddenly STOP?

Germany under that maniac Hitler tried to turn this planet into a fucking graveyard, except for the Master Race. I refer Gator to two books, SS-GB and Fatherland, both of which paint a frightening picture of post war Nazi rule.

I also refer Gator to the hardcore fact that Hitler had his mind on total world control. If he had succeeded in Russia, his military power would have been close to unstoppable. With extended air bases and air power in the Pacific, backed up by satellite states in what would be a Nazi empire in Europe, the US would be the target of at least a three pronged attack.

No one was safe from this tyrant's insanity. No one. The US was isolated for many years, a policy that has been ion the past hard argued on both sides..but one truth remains undisputed: that had the US gotten involved earlier, backing up Britain's stance on Poland with the very real military juggernaut at their disposal...the housepainter would have had a long moment of pause.

Britain paid a steep and bloody price for the US's reluctance to step in...it is sad to say but that very same isolationism thast kept the US "insulated"..was one of the reasons that damned global war started in the first place. Hitler knew the US would stay out..the Japanese forced his hand.

I cant find any record if Hitler knew what the Japanese had planned on Dec 7..and if they were aware of the possible consequences. If Hitler had known what was being prepared, knew that the US would become a combatant...did he try and stop it?

i wonder....

djones520
10-28-2010, 04:37 AM
very real military juggernaut at their disposal

Not quite Sonna. The US Military was in a sorry state of affairs in 1938/39.

It was Germany's agression in those two years that convinced Congress to finally start allocating the funds the military needed to build it's Army units up to full strength.

Us joining Britain then, well... it wouldn't have mattered. We didn't have the man power, equipment, or logistical set up to do anything.

Sonnabend
10-28-2010, 08:58 AM
Not quite Sonna. The US Military was in a sorry state of affairs in 1938/39.

Yet within a very short time after Pearl the industry was at full power and churning out hardware. Galvanised into action, the US could have been a massive bulwark against the Germans..not to mention the fact that the THREAT alone of US involvement would have been, if not a deterrent, then at least to make him stop and think,

It was Germany's agression in those two years that convinced Congress to finally start allocating the funds the military needed to build it's Army units up to full strength.

Yet it took Pearl Harbour to set the US on a war footing...by which time Poland was overrun and half of the UK in flames.

Us joining Britain then, well... it wouldn't have mattered. We didn't have the man power, equipment, or logistical set up to do anything.

I maintain that if the US HAD said to Hitler "Mess with Poland and we go to war against you"..he'd have hesitated. Maybe gone ahead with the attack..then again, he might have delayed and tried to buy some time.

I don't know. I just wish the US could have stood up sooner. They waited too long.

Bailey
10-28-2010, 09:03 AM

It sure as hell wasnít fighting for the security of the Bosnians Muslims or the Somalian warlords, was it?

It sure wasnít to protect the Kuwaits or Saudis in Gulf War I, was it?

It wasnít in the Cold War because the only reason we got into a conflict with the Soviets was because we were protecting Europe.

It sure as hell wasnít fighting the Germans in WWII because the Germans couldnít even gain air superiority over the Brits no less be a significant threat to us.

Defending treason again?

Bailey
10-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Gator is seriously losing it. Does he really think that once the Germans had all of Europe conquered, the Pacific subjugated under Japanese / German allied rule, massive air dominance and a stranglehold on half the world, they were going to suddenly STOP?

Germany under that maniac Hitler tried to turn this planet into a fucking graveyard, except for the Master Race. I refer Gator to two books, SS-GB and Fatherland, both of which paint a frightening picture of post war Nazi rule.

I also refer Gator to the hardcore fact that Hitler had his mind on total world control. If he had succeeded in Russia, his military power would have been close to unstoppable. With extended air bases and air power in the Pacific, backed up by satellite states in what would be a Nazi empire in Europe, the US would be the target of at least a three pronged attack.

No one was safe from this tyrant's insanity. No one. The US was isolated for many years, a policy that has been ion the past hard argued on both sides..but one truth remains undisputed: that had the US gotten involved earlier, backing up Britain's stance on Poland with the very real military juggernaut at their disposal...the housepainter would have had a long moment of pause.

Britain paid a steep and bloody price for the US's reluctance to step in...it is sad to say but that very same isolationism thast kept the US "insulated"..was one of the reasons that damned global war started in the first place. Hitler knew the US would stay out..the Japanese forced his hand.

I cant find any record if Hitler knew what the Japanese had planned on Dec 7..and if they were aware of the possible consequences. If Hitler had known what was being prepared, knew that the US would become a combatant...did he try and stop it?

i wonder....

Didnt HBO make a movie after Fatherland? with Rutger Howard? (sp)? it was a pretty good "what if" movie.

I found it ironic that the Kennedy scion was the president.

Odysseus
10-28-2010, 09:32 AM
Powerpoint briefings can't destroy planets, but they can commit genocide. Does that work?

The Taliban is going about this war all wrong, with their bombs and bullets. The greatest weapon to use against the American warrior is PowerPoint.

i wonder....

Hmmmmmmmm... Unlikely. Remember, Hitler declared war on the US a few days after we declared war on Japan, when he didn't have to. He could have very easily sent his ambassador to Roosevelt to try to convince him that Germany had no desire to fight the US, but I'm not aware that such an even occurred, and I strongly suspect that it did not. Ideologically, the Nazis loathed the US on economic and social grounds, since we were both unapologetically capitalist, and we had people from racial groups that the Nazis despised in positions of power. It's unlikely that Hitler saw us as a threat. The General Staff, OTOH, probably thought otherwise, and certainly after the end of 1942, they were wishing that they hadn't kicked over that hornets' nest.

gator
10-28-2010, 04:22 PM
He got that old timers disease....

I pretty well have moral clarity on this.

We Americans have always been safe and secure for the most part. Most of the time we have to dream up an excuse to go war because very seldom have we fought to protect the US. Like I said earlier there have been very few necessary wars. The Revolutionary War to get this country established, kicking the ass of the Indians so we could get their land and defending America against the invading Yankees are three times when it was necessary.

We mostly fight wars because we love to be interventionists. We think it is destiny to be the righteous protector of the world, even when it causes us great pain.

For instance, in the War of 1812 we picked a fight with the UK over an issue that was resolved before the first battle took place. We went off and invaded Canada and got our asses beat and then in retribution we came very close to losing our country when the British invaded us. If it wasnít for a terrific storm that caused the British to retreat from DC for a couple of weeks we could not have defended Baltimore and probably would have been conquered by the UK. We came very close to losing our country because we were dumbasses.

There was absolutely no reason to have lost 116,000 men in WWI. The Germans attacked our shipping of supplies to the UK but that was because of our intervention and our choosing. Wilson was just so damn anxious to get the US involved in another European conflict. The Germans were never going to invade the US. All we did was participate in a war that led to the deaths of far too many Americans and circumstance that gave rise to the Third Reich, which of course led to another war later on. We should have just minded our business.

Speaking of WWII is really pathetic that the Japs attacks us but yet we invaded Europe. How dumb is that? It reminds me of Iraq. The people that attacked us on 911 were mostly Saudi Arabians whose bosses lived in Afghanistan but yet we invaded Iraq. In 1941 the Japs attacks us but yet we invaded Europe. That was really smart, wasnít it? Hitler declared war upon us because we were supplying his enemy with weapons but we could have just ignored him. Hitler was defeated at Kursk and Stalingrad before the US invaded Europe. Hitler couldnít even gain air superiority over the UK no less be a significant threat to the US. We only sent troops to Europe because Roosevelt was strongly influenced by the pro UK lobby.

All our intervention got us in Europe in WWII was the lost of about 400,000 men and a chance to face down the Soviets in the Cold War, which led to another loss of 90,000 men. Why, as an American soldier in 1967, I was sent to the Fulda Gap to protect the Europeans from invasion is something I have never understood. The Soviets were not going to invade the US. All we really did by intervening in Europe was give the Soviets an excuse to build 30,000 nuclear weapons and aim them at us. Talk about unintended consequences but I bet that moron Roosevelt never thought of that, did he? He really put this country at risk.

Our interventionism in the Middle East when LBJ decided the goddamn Israelis were more import than the crewmembers of the USS Liberty led to a billion people being pissed enough at us attack us at home and abroad. Middle East countries like Israel, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait get to live high on the hog while Americans get to die and go in debt to protect their sorry asses. You would think that at least those three rich countries could pay the US to protect them so we could at least make some money off the deal, wouldnít you?

We protect all those rich countries in the Far East like Japan, South Korea and Taiwan (even Australia) and we donít get anything for it. That is particular bad when we are going in debt like we are, donít you agree? For instance, we are borrowing money from the Chinese to fund the defense of the Taiwan from the Chinese. If it wasnít for the fact that is our foreign policy you would think that dumbass idea came from a Saturday Night Live skit, wouldnít you? Why do we have troops in South Korea over 20 years after the fall of the Soviet Union? Especially when the South Koreans have one of the strongest economies, strongest armies and spend about one half the amount per capita as the US. Are we afraid North Korea is going to invade the US? We do it because we are dumbasses and we let our elected leaders be influenced by foreign money.

CueSi
10-28-2010, 04:32 PM

He's not in power anymore. He could ask that question, but I'd want him to answer it for himself first. :p

~QC

Sonnabend
10-28-2010, 05:22 PM
We protect all those rich countries in the Far East like Japan, South Korea and Taiwan (even Australia) and we don’t get anything for it.That, Gator, is a sick and blatant lie. Creep.

He's not in power anymore

And when he did have it he abused it.

Odysseus
10-28-2010, 06:20 PM

Most people who have moral clarity don't have to trumpet it every time they are questioned. In your case, it's an obvious attempt to disguise the fact that your morals are warped and you worldview is deeply disturbed. Get help. Seriously.

Our interventionism in the Middle East when LBJ decided the goddamn Israelis were more import than the crewmembers of the USS Liberty led to a billion people being pissed enough at us attack us at home and abroad. Middle East countries like Israel, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait get to live high on the hog while Americans get to die and go in debt to protect their sorry asses. You would think that at least those three rich countries could pay the US to protect them so we could at least make some money off the deal, wouldnít you?

How many times do you have to be pwned on this before you give it up? Your assertion that the attack on the Liberty has been disproven repeatedly and you know it. Your insane hatred of Israel continues to demonstrate your moral bankruptcy.

We protect all those rich countries in the Far East like Japan, South Korea and Taiwan (even Australia) and we donít get anything for it. That is particular bad when we are going in debt like we are, donít you agree? For instance, we are borrowing money from the Chinese to fund the defense of the Taiwan from the Chinese. If it wasnít for the fact that is our foreign policy you would think that dumbass idea came from a Saturday Night Live skit, wouldnít you? Why do we have troops in South Korea over 20 years after the fall of the Soviet Union? Especially when the South Koreans have one of the strongest economies, strongest armies and spend about one half the amount per capita as the US. Are we afraid North Korea is going to invade the US? We do it because we are dumbasses and we let our elected leaders be influenced by foreign money.

Australia has fought alongside the US in every war since WWII. They give as much as they get. South Korea has troops in every conflict that we do, and sent troops to Vietnam as well. These are countries that have kept faith with us, as we keep faith with them, but I guess that keeping faith, performing duty and being honorable towards allies doesn't fit in with your vaunted "moral clarity." :rolleyes:

Rockntractor
10-28-2010, 07:23 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/moral-clarity-demotivational-poster-1288307945.jpg?t=1288308067

SaintLouieWoman
10-28-2010, 07:44 PM

We Americans have always been safe and secure for the most part. Most of the time we have to dream up an excuse to go war because very seldom have we fought to protect the US. Like I said earlier there have been very few necessary wars. The Revolutionary War to get this country established, kicking the ass of the Indians so we could get their land and defending America against the invading Yankees are three times when it was necessary.

We mostly fight wars because we love to be interventionists. We think it is destiny to be the righteous protector of the world, even when it causes us great pain.

For instance, in the War of 1812 we picked a fight with the UK over an issue that was resolved before the first battle took place. We went off and invaded Canada and got our asses beat and then in retribution we came very close to losing our country when the British invaded us. If it wasnít for a terrific storm that caused the British to retreat from DC for a couple of weeks we could not have defended Baltimore and probably would have been conquered by the UK. We came very close to losing our country because we were dumbasses.

There was absolutely no reason to have lost 116,000 men in WWI. The Germans attacked our shipping of supplies to the UK but that was because of our intervention and our choosing. Wilson was just so damn anxious to get the US involved in another European conflict. The Germans were never going to invade the US. All we did was participate in a war that led to the deaths of far too many Americans and circumstance that gave rise to the Third Reich, which of course led to another war later on. We should have just minded our business.

Speaking of WWII is really pathetic that the Japs attacks us but yet we invaded Europe. How dumb is that? It reminds me of Iraq. The people that attacked us on 911 were mostly Saudi Arabians whose bosses lived in Afghanistan but yet we invaded Iraq. In 1941 the Japs attacks us but yet we invaded Europe. That was really smart, wasnít it? Hitler declared war upon us because we were supplying his enemy with weapons but we could have just ignored him. Hitler was defeated at Kursk and Stalingrad before the US invaded Europe. Hitler couldnít even gain air superiority over the UK no less be a significant threat to the US. We only sent troops to Europe because Roosevelt was strongly influenced by the pro UK lobby.

All our intervention got us in Europe in WWII was the lost of about 400,000 men and a chance to face down the Soviets in the Cold War, which led to another loss of 90,000 men. Why, as an American soldier in 1967, I was sent to the Fulda Gap to protect the Europeans from invasion is something I have never understood. The Soviets were not going to invade the US. All we really did by intervening in Europe was give the Soviets an excuse to build 30,000 nuclear weapons and aim them at us. Talk about unintended consequences but I bet that moron Roosevelt never thought of that, did he? He really put this country at risk.

Hey, Mr Moral Clarity, these don't sound like your words. Plagiarism isn't exactly moral. Where did you lift all these thoughts?

Odysseus
10-29-2010, 08:35 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/moral-clarity-demotivational-poster-1288307945.jpg?t=1288308067
LOL! Nice...

Hey, Mr Moral Clarity, these don't sound like your words. Plagiarism isn't exactly moral. Where did you lift all these thoughts?

From the same place anyone who owns a dog and walks it on public streets lifts it, but they use a scooper.

Zathras
10-29-2010, 09:49 PM
More hate filled rhetoric worthy of a Grand Dragon of the KKK

Hello Gator. Look at your comment. Back to mine. Now back to yours. NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate crap it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.

Anything is possible when you think before you comment or post.

I'm on a computer.

asdf2231
10-29-2010, 10:05 PM

And we were pretty generous by not finishing the fine urban renovation started by General Sherman so why don't you traitorous fucks just shut up and quit whining about it?

Thanks for the chicken though.

PoliCon
10-30-2010, 12:35 AM
That is wrong.

You LOVE your conspiracy theories donchya. Tinfoil hat much? :rolleyes:

PoliCon
10-30-2010, 12:38 AM
Who were the bad guys?

Why do there have to be bad guys?

PoliCon
10-30-2010, 12:39 AM

bullshit. But this is a topic for another thread.

PoliCon
10-30-2010, 12:43 AM
And we were pretty generous by not finishing the fine urban renovation started by General Sherman so why don't you traitorous fucks just shut up and quit whining about it?

Thanks for the chicken though.:eek:

PREACH IT!!

:D

gator
10-30-2010, 09:52 AM
You LOVE your conspiracy theories donchya. Tinfoil hat much? :rolleyes:

The contribution of foreign lobbyists to our political process is pretty well documented. The filthy Israelis are the ones that do it the most but some of the other countries like Saudi Arabia and South Korea are pretty well along on the learning curve. Other Middle East countries have jumped on that bandwagon. Japan and Taiwan mastered that art years ago.

We donít fight other peopleís wars for them and subsidize their militaries and give them our money because it is in our best interest to do so. If our best interest was the criteria then we would be much less of an interventionist country than we are now.

For instance, the 4/7 Cav is stationed in South Korea now protecting the rich South Koreans from the North Koreans. The South Koreans also have one of the best militaries in the world and the Cold War is long over but they like the idea that American money is used to protect them and reward the American elected officals that agree with them. Meanwhile back in the good old US of A the goddamn Mexicans are overrunning our borders killing our citizens and we are doing almost nothing. For 60 years prior to WWII we used squadrons of the 7th Cav to protect the Mexican-American border but nowdays we them off in foreign lands. Donít you think it is reasonable to have the job of the 4/7 Cav to protect America rather than some Far East country?

We donít have the moral clarity to protect our own interest but yet our elected officials gladly take money from foreign lobbyists like the AIPAC and send our money and troops off to fight other peopleís wars for them. It is really pathetic when you think about it.

Real Conservatives understand that the advice of our Founding Fathers to stay out of foreign entanglements that have nothing to do with our own security and understand that advice is far superior to the whines and cries of filthy countries like Israel for us to give them our money and the lives of our brave troops. New (Neo) Conservatives love to send our young men off to die for others.

PoliCon
10-30-2010, 09:56 AM
The contribution of foreign lobbyists to our political process is pretty well documented. blah blah blah blah blah blah blahLots of claims and racist remarks - but not one shred of evidence offered. Do you care to offer evidence? Or are you afraid that your evidence will not hold up to scrutiny? Show evidence of politicians bought by foreign lobbyist money.

Rockntractor
10-30-2010, 10:14 AM
The contribution of foreign lobbyists to our political process is pretty well documented. The filthy Israelis are the ones that do it the most but some of the other countries like Saudi Arabia and South Korea are pretty well along on the learning curve. Other Middle East countries have jumped on that bandwagon. Japan and Taiwan mastered that art years ago.

We donít fight other peopleís wars for them and subsidize their militaries and give them our money because it is in our best interest to do so. If our best interest was the criteria then we would be much less of an interventionist country than we are now.

For instance, the 4/7 Cav is stationed in South Korea now protecting the rich South Koreans from the North Koreans. The South Koreans also have one of the best militaries in the world and the Cold War is long over but they like the idea that American money is used to protect them and reward the American elected officals that agree with them. Meanwhile back in the good old US of A the goddamn Mexicans are overrunning our borders killing our citizens and we are doing almost nothing. For 60 years prior to WWII we used squadrons of the 7th Cav to protect the Mexican-American border but nowdays we them off in foreign lands. Donít you think it is reasonable to have the job of the 4/7 Cav to protect America rather than some Far East country?

We donít have the moral clarity to protect our own interest but yet our elected officials gladly take money from foreign lobbyists like the AIPAC and send our money and troops off to fight other peopleís wars for them. It is really pathetic when you think about it.

Real Conservatives understand that the advice of our Founding Fathers to stay out of foreign entanglements that have nothing to do with our own security and understand that advice is far superior to the whines and cries of filthy countries like Israel for us to give them our money and the lives of our brave troops. New (Neo) Conservatives love to send our young men off to die for others.
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/moral-clarity-demotivational-poster-1288307945.jpg?t=1288448007

gator
10-30-2010, 03:43 PM
Lots of claims and racist remarks - but not one shred of evidence offered. Do you care to offer evidence? Or are you afraid that your evidence will not hold up to scrutiny? Show evidence of politicians bought by foreign lobbyist money.

What part of what I posted donít your understand?

Donít you know that AIPAC stands for American Israeli Political Action Committee? What the hell do you think the purpose of a political action committee is? Do you think they form a committee to organize a yearly Halloween party or do you think it could possibly be formed to influence our elected leaders?

Are you confused that foreign governments lobby the US government for money and protection? I know you are one of the resident dumbasses of CU but even you are not that naÔve, are you?

Do you not know that the 4/7 Cav is serving in South Korea and not on the Texas border?

Do you not know that the Mexicans are over running our border now?

There is nothing in my post that is confusing. What is confusing is your lack of morals for not putting the interest of your own country ahead of that of filthy foreign interest.

For your information bucko the US is going bankrupted nowadays and our brave men and women are being killed in wars that have very little to do with the interest of our own security. I strongly suggest that you and the other stupid ass Neocons get your head out of your asses and start putting the interest of America ahead of some filthy ass foreign country.

Try rooting for the home team for a change instead of trying to make sure that some foreign assholes live well.

SarasotaRepub
10-30-2010, 04:05 PM
You have to love gator, you really do. ;):D

Zathras
10-30-2010, 04:27 PM

Sorry, my love for people stops when they prove themselves to be a senile, bigoted REMF with their head crammed up their ass as Herr Gator has done over and over again.

PoliCon
10-30-2010, 07:32 PM
What part of what I posted donít your understand?

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH You have shown no evidence to support your claim that "foreign lobbyists pay off American elected officials."

Zathras
10-30-2010, 07:59 PM
You have shown no evidence to support your claim that "foreign lobbyists pay off American elected officials."

What, isn't the word of Herr Gator good enough for you? You actually want proof? Good luck with that...while you're at it I have this stone...can you get some blood from it please?

PoliCon
10-30-2010, 08:57 PM
What, isn't the word of Herr Gator good enough for you? You actually want proof? Good luck with that...while you're at it I have this stone...can you get some blood from it please?
Oh I don't expect that he'll actually come through - But at the same time - I'm not about to let his claims go unchallenged.

Odysseus
10-31-2010, 01:22 PM
No, we really don't. I've never asked to have someone banned before, but after his use of "Spic" above, I think that Gator has earned it.

You have shown no evidence to support your claim that "foreign lobbyists pay off American elected officials."

If you could hear the voices in his head, you'd believe it, too. :D

gator
10-31-2010, 01:49 PM

I asked you very clearly what part of my post do you not understand.

In order to publically expose a dumbass you first have to find out how dumb they are. Show me how dumb you are.

For instance, do you not know that the 4th Squadron of the 7th Cavalry Regiment is stationed with the Second Division in South Korea instead of guarding the Texas border?

Show me your level of ignorance by telling me the things that you don't understand in my post.

Zathras
10-31-2010, 02:14 PM
No, we really don't. I've never asked to have someone banned before, but after his use of "Spic" above, I think that Gator has earned it.

Yeah I'd have to second that motion. For that and also for all of the repeated denegration of US military members here on CU. When someone did that when he was a mod, he had no problem lowering the banhammer. I think the same treament is deserved for him.

If you could hear the voices in his head, you'd believe it, too. :D

If I heard those voices in my head I'd go see a doctor ASAP. Too bad Herr Gator doesn't have the sense God gave the common house fly to do the same.

JB
10-31-2010, 02:17 PM
You have shown no evidence to support your claim that "foreign lobbyists pay off American elected officials."Ask your congressman why we "sell" billions of dollars in arms to Israel and then forgive the payment when it comes due. Why is that? Why can't Israel pay us for the planes, bombs and technology we give them?

I want the freaking money. Don't you?

Odysseus
10-31-2010, 03:23 PM

In order to publically expose a dumbass you first have to find out how dumb they are. Show me how dumb you are.

For instance, do you not know that the 4th Squadron of the 7th Cavalry Regiment is stationed with the Second Division in South Korea instead of guarding the Texas border?

Show me your level of ignorance by telling me the things that you don't understand in my post.
The thing that I don't understand is how you can have the strength to type after chewing through the restraining straps and sneaking past the orderlies.

Yeah I'd have to second that motion. For that and also for all of the repeated denegration of US military members here on CU. When someone did that when he was a mod, he had no problem lowering the banhammer. I think the same treament is deserved for him.

If I heard those voices in my head I'd go see a doctor ASAP. Too bad Herr Gator doesn't have the sense God gave the common house fly to do the same.
At first, before I realized what a nutjob he is, he used to really piss me off. Now, I'm torn between pity and contempt for his hateful BS.

Ask your congressman why we "sell" billions of dollars in arms to Israel and then forgive the payment when it comes due. Why is that? Why can't Israel pay us for the planes, bombs and technology we give them?

As I've repeated elsewhere, many times, the loans are repaid. A loan guarantee is when a co-signer (a bank, your parents, or the United States government) promises to pay off the balance of a loan if the borrower defaults. Unless Israel defaults on a loan, and the Israelis never have, they won't cost the United States anything.

Stop hanging mit der Gator. He's a bigoted loon who doesn't know what he's talking about.

JB
10-31-2010, 04:04 PM
As I've repeated elsewhere, many times, the loans are repaid. A loan guarantee is when a co-signer (a bank, your parents, or the United States government) promises to pay off the balance of a loan if the borrower defaults. Unless Israel defaults on a loan, and the Israelis never have, they won't cost the United States anything.
Washington plans to counterbalance the sales to Arab nations with $30 billion in military assistance to Israel over 10 years. Israel is buying about 20 advanced American F-35 fighter jets worth $4 billion, to be funded by U.S. military aid to the country.It sure doesn't read like Israel will be forking over any bucks for those fighters.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100913/ap_on_bi_ge/us_us_saudi_arms_deal

SarasotaRepub
10-31-2010, 04:33 PM
The thing that I don't understand is how you can have the strength to type after chewing through the restraining straps and sneaking past the orderlies.

All right, that made me LOL!!! :D

The simple fact is that Israel is our strongest ally in the Middle East and I want her to stay that way.

I think even gator knows that. :eek::D

I don't feel threatened by the Jews. The Muslims??? That's another story.

hampshirebrit
10-31-2010, 04:47 PM
It sure doesn't read like Israel will be forking over any bucks for those fighters.

He has a point. From the same article, the following:

Washington plans to counterbalance the sales to Arab nations with $30 billion in military assistance to Israel over 10 years. Israel is buying about 20 advanced American F-35 fighter jets worth $4 billion, to be funded by U.S. military aid to the country.

What does "funded by US military aid to the country" mean, in terms of who foots the bill? The Israeli or the American tax payer?

Regardless of whether we are pro or anti Israel, we should at least be clear on where the money is coming from.

Odysseus
10-31-2010, 09:20 PM
Ask your congressman why we "sell" billions of dollars in arms to Israel and then forgive the payment when it comes due. Why is that? Why can't Israel pay us for the planes, bombs and technology we give them?

It sure doesn't read like Israel will be forking over any bucks for those fighters.

Up above, you implied that Israel reneges on payments for military equipment. When I pointed out that they haven't done that, you then complained that we are also providing them with aid. Yes, Israel will be buying jets with US military assistance. And unlike the Saudis, the Israelis will return the favor with intel, support and real loyalty. Just one example of how Israel pays us back is the development of reactive armor, an Israeli innovation that has saved countless American lives. Israeli improvements on American equipment make us a better military.

Now, answer honestly: Do you really care about the money, or do you just want to defund Israel?

gator
11-01-2010, 08:31 AM
He has a point. From the same article, the following:

What does "funded by US military aid to the country" mean, in terms of who foots the bill? The Israeli or the American tax payer?

Regardless of whether we are pro or anti Israel, we should at least be clear on where the money is coming from.

If you look at the CIA Factbook stats on population and defense expenditures you find that the goddamn Israelis spend about half the amount per capita on defense as the Americans. In other words the Americans are working and paying taxes so the Israelis can live high on the hog.

The Israelis use their influence with US officials to get American taxpayer money to be used to defer their defense cost. We Americans give them billions of dollars in direct aid each year and give the bastards tens of billions dollars in military aid. This ĎaidĒ, by the way, is nothing more than weapon systems that is used to kill the people that resist the filthy Israelis land grabbing right of return policy.

Now there may be some traitors in the US that love Israel more than their own country and are glad to contribute their tax money but there are some of us who donít like to do that. At a time when we are spending trillions of more dollars than we have and a time when our economy is dire straits we need to look after our own interest instead of the interest of some brutal apartheid Middle East country.

There is no reason for the US to give Israel money. It is not in our best interest. We get nothing out of it but pain and suffering and it is not moral to support a country that has a long record of brutality and oppression not to mention a record of attacking the US and killing our people. We need to keep the money ourselves. The only reason we do it is because the powerful pro Israel lobby influences American elected officials to take our tax money and give it to the friggin Israelis. In return the elected officials get block voting and substantial funds from Americans that put the interest of a foreign country ahead of the interest of their own country. Another great example of the corruption of our elected officials.

Israel is not the only country that influences our elected officials but they are the best at it. We just need to stop funding the militaries of foreign countries and start looking after our own interest.

PoliCon
11-01-2010, 09:45 AM

Irrelevant. You claimed that US politicians are bought off by foreign lobbyists - PROVE IT. Where is your evidence? Evidence not suppositions and conspiracy theories.

Pulpfishin
11-01-2010, 12:29 PM
There is no reason for the US to give Israel money. It is not in our best interest. We get nothing out of it but pain and suffering and it is not moral to support a country that has a long record of brutality and oppression not to mention a record of attacking the US and killing our people.

"not to mention a record of attacking the US and killing our people"

Thank you for providing the proof that you are a complete and utter idiot!

gator
11-01-2010, 05:14 PM
"not to mention a record of attacking the US and killing our people"

Thank you for providing the proof that you are a complete and utter idiot!

The brave men that were killed on the USS Liberty by the fucking Israelis would disagree with you, if they were alive. Maybe you can go ask their families or the men that blew the whistle on the Israelis. Men like Adm Thomas Moorer. He was the Chairman of Joint Chief of Staff. He was joined by many others including Gen Raymond Davis, Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps and Medal of Honor Recipient. If you are ignorant of the USS Liberty incident I will be glad to educate you on the treachery of the Israelis.

I don’t know who the hell you are but evidently you are one of these morons that will give a pass to the Israelis on anything those sorry fuckers do including spying on us and selling the intelligence to the Soviets and the technology to the Chinese. You do know their spies are in our jails, don't you?

You really need to get your head out of you ass and start looking after the interest of you own country instead of some filthy Middle East theocracy. You have that map of Texas in your avatar but maybe you should be like a few other members of CU and just show the Star of David.

If you love Israel more than America then just get the hell out of my country. Go join the goddamn IDF if you love them so much. Leave America to those of us that put our country’s interest ahead of Israel.

Odysseus
11-02-2010, 12:01 PM
If you look at the CIA Factbook stats on population and defense expenditures you find that the goddamn Israelis spend about half the amount per capita on defense as the Americans. In other words the Americans are working and paying taxes so the Israelis can live high on the hog.

The Israelis use their influence with US officials to get American taxpayer money to be used to defer their defense cost. We Americans give them billions of dollars in direct aid each year and give the bastards tens of billions dollars in military aid. This ĎaidĒ, by the way, is nothing more than weapon systems that is used to kill the people that resist the filthy Israelis land grabbing right of return policy.

Now there may be some traitors in the US that love Israel more than their own country and are glad to contribute their tax money but there are some of us who donít like to do that. At a time when we are spending trillions of more dollars than we have and a time when our economy is dire straits we need to look after our own interest instead of the interest of some brutal apartheid Middle East country.

There is no reason for the US to give Israel money. It is not in our best interest. We get nothing out of it but pain and suffering and it is not moral to support a country that has a long record of brutality and oppression not to mention a record of attacking the US and killing our people. We need to keep the money ourselves. The only reason we do it is because the powerful pro Israel lobby influences American elected officials to take our tax money and give it to the friggin Israelis. In return the elected officials get block voting and substantial funds from Americans that put the interest of a foreign country ahead of the interest of their own country. Another great example of the corruption of our elected officials.

Israel is not the only country that influences our elected officials but they are the best at it. We just need to stop funding the militaries of foreign countries and start looking after our own interest.

The brave men that were killed on the USS Liberty by the fucking Israelis would disagree with you, if they were alive. Maybe you can go ask their families or the men that blew the whistle on the Israelis. Men like Adm Thomas Moorer. He was the Chairman of Joint Chief of Staff. He was joined by many others including Gen Raymond Davis, Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps and Medal of Honor Recipient. If you are ignorant of the USS Liberty incident I will be glad to educate you on the treachery of the Israelis.

I donít know who the hell you are but evidently you are one of these morons that will give a pass to the Israelis on anything those sorry fuckers do including spying on us and selling the intelligence to the Soviets and the technology to the Chinese. You do know their spies are in our jails, don't you?

You really need to get your head out of you ass and start looking after the interest of you own country instead of some filthy Middle East theocracy. You have that map of Texas in your avatar but maybe you should be like a few other members of CU and just show the Star of David.

If you love Israel more than America then just get the hell out of my country. Go join the goddamn IDF if you love them so much. Leave America to those of us that put our countryís interest ahead of Israel.
I've spanked you on this so many times thta it's become redundant. Suffice to say that there is no proof that the attack was deliberate, and lots of proof that it wasn't. However, I do admit that when it comes to foaming at the mouth and writing feverish, hateful diatribes, you are up there with just about anyone this side of Paul Krugman, but that, too, is just more post-mortem bruising on the dead horse.

I keep asking this question, and get no response, so I'm pretty sure that Gator has me on ignore. I would appreciate it if someone else will repeat it so that he can see it, even if he refuses to answer it again:

Gator, you repeatedly refer to "Godamned Israelis", "Filthy Israelis", etc. There are Arab/Muslim Israelis, Christian Israelis and even Jewish Israelis (I know, hard to believe, but they're there). So, Gator, exactly which Israelis are you referring to when you call them "filthyy"?

JB
11-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Now, answer honestly: Do you really care about the money, or do you just want to defund Israel?At the risk of kicking this thread...I just want the money, regardless of who we sell to.

Singling out any one country was not my intent. If Zimbabwe wants arms, cough up the loot.

Chuck58
11-06-2010, 08:11 PM
I don't agree with much of anything gator has said in this thread. But, I do agree with his comment about the border.

We live about 30 miles from Mexico and things ain't getting any better down here. In our area, we're still waiting to see at least one of those National Guardsmen that were supposedly sent. Maybe they haven't found the NM bootheel area yet.

hampshirebrit
11-06-2010, 08:20 PM
At the risk of kicking this thread...I just want the money, regardless of who we sell to.

Singling out any one country was not my intent. If Zimbabwe wants arms, cough up the loot.

I have to say this, that has to be one of the better thread kicks I've seen in my time at CU.

It's cynical and at the same time, a great reply.

Literally, on the money, a great point, and it deserves an answer.

SarasotaRepub
11-06-2010, 08:38 PM
All right you guys enough. This is the DUmmie Forum in case either of you has somehow missed it. :rolleyes:

I've been tolerant of where this thread has been going but it's turned into just another Gator vs The Major thread.

Listen both of you.

Gator: You and I have been on CU since the beginning. I'm asking you to drop this.

Major: Asking same as above. Drop it.

Now, you're both adults. So lets see if you can both act like them. :rolleyes::D