PDA

View Full Version : I hate Sean Penn

CaughtintheMiddle1990
10-11-2010, 09:09 AM
I know he's not in the news lately, but I just figured I'd express my feelings. He goes down and hugs and hangs with Chavez and praises the dictatorship down there, supports Castro, he goes on TV and tells anti-gay marriage people their grandchildren will be ashamed of them. He just comes off as a sleazy little dirtbag.

Rockntractor
10-11-2010, 09:17 AM
You are right.

Bubba Dawg
10-11-2010, 09:27 AM
He is annoying.

I really haven't liked many of his movies, not because of his politics, but just because I haven't liked them.

He was good in Mystic River and really good in Dead Man Walking, but was a big disappointment in All the King's Men.

I usually don't let the politics of an actors or musicians get in the way of my appreciation of their work.

Jane Fonda really pissed me off when she went to North Vietnam and allowed herself to be photographed on that North Vietnamese AA gun or whatever it was.

She did look good in Barbarella, though.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
10-11-2010, 09:30 AM
He is annoying.

I really haven't liked many of his movies, not because of his politics, but just because I haven't liked them.

He was good in Mystic River and really good in Dead Man Walking, but was a big disappointment in All the King's Men.

I usually don't let the politics of an actors or musicians get in the way of my appreciation of their work.

Jane Fonda really pissed me off when she went to North Vietnam and allowed herself to be photographed on that North Vietnamese AA gun or whatever it was.

She did look good in Barbarella, though.

Personally I think upon return to the US, she should've been arrested for treason. Part of our definition of treason is "giving aid and comfort to the enemy." I would say a young American actress, who was well known and influential just by virtue of her name, sitting and smiling atop one of their anti-aircraft guns which might've downed and killed God knows how many of our soldiers and letting that photo go around the world was an act of giving comfort to our enemies, and aid in the sense that it probably gave them a morale boost.

Bubba Dawg
10-11-2010, 09:47 AM
Personally I think upon return to the US, she should've been arrested for treason. Part of our definition of treason is "giving aid and comfort to the enemy." I would say a young American actress, who was well known and influential just by virtue of her name, sitting and smiling atop one of their anti-aircraft guns which might've downed and killed God knows how many of our soldiers and letting that photo go around the world was an act of giving comfort to our enemies, and aid in the sense that it probably gave them a morale boost.

It was a major propaganda victory for the North Vietnamese, not so much for her own career but because, as you indicated, she was the daughter of a hollywood icon.

It was a despicable act on her part.

I would not have had her arrested. I also would not have had peaceful protesters against the war arrested. (Clearly protesters in this country are on a different footing that someone who actually traveled to an enemy nation, but their actions could also be seen as giving aid and comfort to the enemy.)

But I have never bought one of her movies or paid to see one of her movies or bought any of her workout books or videos.

She seems to have prospered without me but I see to it that her prosperity receives no benefit from me.

noonwitch
10-11-2010, 11:23 AM
I've liked some of his movies, and not liked others.

I know no one else here probably saw Milk. Penn bares no physical resemblence to Harvey Milk whatsoever, but he really was able to capture the man's speaking style and his physical mannerisms well in that role. I also saw I Am Sam, where he portrays a developmentally disabled man very well. He's a great actor.

I might not like it when he's down there hugging Castro or Chavez, but I was cheering for him when he was trying to help the people of New Orleans following Katrina.

Wei Wu Wei
10-11-2010, 11:51 AM
I saw Milk. P good movie.

Yeah the man is a bit political but he was out wading in the waters in New Orleans after Katrina, anyone willing to do that is a hero in my book. I knew people who were just talking shit during Katrina "why don't those poor people just hop up in their car, ask for a few days off of work, and drive out of there?! it's their own fault!", meanwhile Mr Penn was out risking his own life to save people.

You may not like his politics but he's a good man in my book.

Also he's a fantastic actor.

NJCardFan
10-11-2010, 12:10 PM
I've liked some of his movies, and not liked others.

I know no one else here probably saw Milk. Penn bares no physical resemblence to Harvey Milk whatsoever, but he really was able to capture the man's speaking style and his physical mannerisms well in that role. I also saw I Am Sam, where he portrays a developmentally disabled man very well. He's a great actor.

I might not like it when he's down there hugging Castro or Chavez, but I was cheering for him when he was trying to help the people of New Orleans following Katrina.

Kirk Lazarus: Everybody knows you never go full retard.
Tugg Speedman: What do you mean?
Kirk Lazarus: Check it out. Dustin Hoffman, 'Rain Man,' look retarded, act retarded, not retarded. Counted toothpicks, cheated cards. Autistic, sho'. Not retarded. You know Tom Hanks, 'Forrest Gump.' Slow, yes. Retarded, maybe. Braces on his legs. But he charmed the pants off Nixon and won a ping-pong competition. That ain't retarded. Peter Sellers, "Being There." Infantile, yes. Retarded, no. You went full retard, man. Never go full retard. You don't buy that? Ask Sean Penn, 2001, "I Am Sam." Remember? Went full retard, went home empty handed...

As for him as a person, he's an asshole. Not only did he suck up to Chavez but he did to Saddam as well. I'm surprised you guys forgot about that.

nightflight
10-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Yeah the man is a bit political but he was out wading in the waters in New Orleans after Katrina, anyone willing to do that is a hero in my book.

Nice to be able to afford to travel thousands of miles for a photo op.

I knew people who were just talking shit during Katrina "why don't those poor people just hop up in their car, ask for a few days off of work, and drive out of there?! it's their own fault!", meanwhile Mr Penn was out risking his own life to save people.

I guess Penn didn't have to ask for a few days off, being a rich Hollywood leftist.

Wei Wu Wei
10-11-2010, 12:39 PM
Nice to be able to afford to travel thousands of miles for a photo op.

i don't think the people he rescued from the water care if anyone took a picture.

I guess Penn didn't have to ask for a few days off, being a rich Hollywood leftist.

i dont' think they care how much money he makes from his movies either

nightflight
10-11-2010, 12:59 PM
i don't think the people he rescued from the water care if anyone took a picture.

i dont' think they care how much money he makes from his movies either

I'd rather celebrate the average people, the unknowns who rescued people and those who donated money from what little they had, as Americans do in disasters. You go right on with your celeb worship though.

Speedy
10-11-2010, 01:08 PM
i don't think the people he rescued from the water care if anyone took a picture.r

John Travolta was flying supplies in and injured out of New Orleans days before accidentally finding himself in front of a camera.

asdf2231
10-11-2010, 01:29 PM

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!
http://badcure.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/sean-penn-bails-out-water1.jpg

You and Sean have a LOT of experience sailing the ole' Failboat:
http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=32570

You are a fekking Liar.

Big "L" Little "I" Little "A" Little "L".

Have a SUPER day teach!

Wei Wu Wei
10-11-2010, 01:43 PM
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!
http://badcure.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/sean-penn-bails-out-water1.jpg

You and Sean have a LOT of experience sailing the ole' Failboat:
http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=32570

You are a fekking Liar.

Big "L" Little "I" Little "A" Little "L".

Have a SUPER day teach!

lol alright touche that is a p funny picture.