PDA

View Full Version : RNC: McCain Won’t Choose Abortion-Supporting Running Mate

Gingersnap
08-20-2008, 10:41 AM
RNC: McCain Won’t Choose Abortion-Supporting Running Mate
by FOXNews.com
Tuesday, August 19, 2008

As speculation grows around who John McCain will select as his vice presidential running mate next week, Republican National Committee officials said Tuesday that McCain is no longer considering former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge.

Several sources at the RNC told FOX News that in the last 36 hours, senior McCain advisers and aides have told RNC officials that McCain “got the message” last week that choosing a running mate who supports abortion rights would not be helpful.

GOP pundits had been vocal in urging the presumptive presidential nominee not to pick a running mate who supports abortion rights. Ridge, the first homeland security secretary, was said to be on McCain’s short list, and the only candidate who explicitly supports abortion rights.

The National Review reported Monday that the McCain campaign has been calling key state Republican officials around the country in recent days to weigh the consequences of picking a candidate who backs abortion rights. The conservative magazine interpreted that as a sign that the McCain campaign is seriously considering Ridge or another abortion rights defender.

Interesting.

FOX (http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08/19/rnc-mccain-wont-choose-abortion-supporting-running-mate/)

asdf2231
08-20-2008, 10:59 AM
WOOT!

The horse begins to respond to the buggy whip!!

patsfan
08-20-2008, 12:58 PM
Bye bye Tom Ridge as VP....hello Mitt Romney!

Goldwater
08-20-2008, 01:42 PM

Ugh, I think it got worse.

linda22003
08-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Not too exciting either way, but I have trouble believing it will be Romney.

LibraryLady
08-20-2008, 01:45 PM
Not too exciting either way, but I have trouble believing it will be Romney.

I do too, too much animosity. I am thinking Pawlenty.

mike128
08-20-2008, 03:53 PM
Massachusetts Liberal Mitt Romney is also pro-abortion. He decided to flip-flop on the issue once he knew he wanted to run for president, and his top advisors told him to 'run to the right.' Here's Romney's REAL record on the social issues:

http://www.massresistance.org/docs/marriage/romney/record/

John McCain will LOSE my vote if he selects Flip Romney as his running mate.

Eyelids
08-20-2008, 04:00 PM
Romney isn't really anything, just what he thinks will get him elected.

Goldwater
08-20-2008, 04:06 PM
Well obviously, Romney is the snake.

mike128
08-21-2008, 03:12 AM
THANK YOU! FInally someone actually gets it. I would think pathological liar would be a suitable term to describe Mitt Romney.

Goldwater
08-21-2008, 08:18 AM
THANK YOU! FInally someone actually gets it. I would think pathological liar would be a suitable term to describe Mitt Romney.

Hey, I was saying it before it was cool.

asdf2231
08-21-2008, 08:51 AM

Well maybe Obama should pick him for Veep since they have so much in common...