PDA

View Full Version : Seriously - are we going to retain control of Congress?

Carol
10-12-2010, 01:36 AM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=433x473557)

Writer Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue Oct-12-10 12:20 AM
Original message
Seriously - are we going to retain control of Congress?

From everything I've seen posted so far - from polls to calls to action to the President's speeches - the results seem to have improved over last month, but are still precarious.

Using your gut (and you know that the gut knows best ;)) what do you think will happen?

Safetykitten (229 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue Oct-12-10 12:20 AM
Response to Original message
1. No, and to add...

Edited on Tue Oct-12-10 12:34 AM by Safetykitten
The republicans will make the administration lurch farther to the right. The new interest for the administartion will then become foreign policy. Two years of constant attacks and full assaults from the Fox minions will make a Democratic president in 2012 a pipe dream. The economy will still be in a stagnant pool, swimming with pals unemployment, a commercial real estate implosion that will make the residential look small, and a continuing bank clusterfuck that even with the republicans help will not solve the ponzi scheme of forclosure fuckups.

Healthcare will be a whole cottage industry of basically "what the fuck is going on and how do I get to see a doctor", insane increases, corporation exemption lists a mile long, and finger wagging from governemnt.

This is our future. Get used to it. All because our President wanted to be loved by people that will never love him, or like him.

The horse is out of the barn now. Things are going to be very interesting in the next two years, and a horror show after that. The old "If only Obama would have been MORE liberal and enacted more leftist legislation."

Parker CA Donating Member (1000+ posts) Tue Oct-12-10 12:26 AM
5. We will retain both the house and senate. Nt.

jillan Donating Member (1000+ posts) Tue Oct-12-10 12:31 AM
6. If we all help GOTV than the dems should retain both houses.

If we wait for someone else to help GOTV, then who knows.

Politics_Guy25 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Tue Oct-12-10 12:43 AM
Response to Reply #6
7. Happy talk is useless

Edited on Tue Oct-12-10 12:45 AM by Politics_Guy25
Writer,

To answer your post-and this doesn't mean to give up and run to hide under your bed and not GOTV, it should give you encouragement to do what GOTV you can to lessen things,

The truth is that the democrats are headed for a wipeout on November 2nd that has never before been seen in American midterm history. The house of representatives is already lost. We're likely to lose around 68 seats there. In Gallup's poll released just today, we are down by 18 points among likely voters. 2010 is likely to be like Reagan 1984 for the GOP PV wise.

The senate is a pure 50/50 tossup at this point. Angle is ahead by just 0.3 points on average in Nevada. So there is hope for Reid there. If Harry can be a good closer, we can come from behind and win Nevada. If we win Nevada, we retain the senate. We could end up with anywhere between 49-54 seats in the senate if we win KY, IL, NV, WA and WV which we very well could.

A great night for us would be losing the house but keeping good control of the senate.

The senate and the governorships are moving our way or are at least not totally lost. The house is most likely gone, however, on a gargantuan scale. It should be noted that the house has never flipped in history if the senate didn't flip as well. Something more to worry about but this time could seriously be different.

bigdarryl (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue Oct-12-10 01:06 AM
Response to Reply #7
11. your CRAZY!!!! we are not going to loose that many seats unless we stay home
jillan Donating Member (1000+ posts) Tue Oct-12-10 01:23 AM
Response to Reply #7
12. And other polls show that the republicans are even more unpopular that the dems with voters!

The Associated Press-GfK Poll this month shows that the public is fed up with both parties. Only 38 percent approve of how congressional Democrats are handling their jobs, and just 31 percent like how Republicans are doing theirs. Fifty-nine percent are unhappy with how Democrats are nursing the economy, 64 percent are upset by the GOPís work on the countryís top issue.

More than half have negative views of each party. Most say Obama isnít cooperating enough on the economy, but even more accuse Republicans of the same thing. And former President George W. Bush and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin ó the only two Republicans the AP-GfK Poll tested ó are significantly less popular than Obama.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/articles/2010/09/25/news...

Believe what you want - I'm feeling very hopeful.Most of them only listen to all the spin, and choose to believe that the evil tea partiers are an extreme minority. They are going to be blindsided on Nov. 2.

djones520
10-12-2010, 04:01 AM
All this deniability is going to make the day after election day a great time. I'm forecasting no less then 50 threads about voter fraud and how the election was stolen. In the first 12 hours, that is.

malloc
10-12-2010, 06:49 AM
We could end up with anywhere between 49-54 seats in the senate if we win KY, IL, NV, WA and WV which we very well could.

You aren't going to win in Kentucky. No way. Rand Paul has held double digit leads over Conway for so long, Rasmussen doesn't even worry about it anymore. It's not even close.

The senate and the governorships are moving our way or are at least not totally lost. The house is most likely gone, however, on a gargantuan scale. It should be noted that the house has never flipped in history if the senate didn't flip as well. Something more to worry about but this time could seriously be different.

Keep falling back on that unicorn fart wishful thinking. Governorships are going Republican, the Senate will flip. I'd also like to point out that the coming political bloodbath isn't some sort of backlash of voter anger against the "situation" in America. This midterm is a direct referendum on Obama's and Pelosi's radical policies. If you anyone believes otherwise, they are a delusional fool.

SarasotaRepub
10-12-2010, 07:02 AM
All this deniability is going to make the day after election day a great time. I'm forecasting no less then 50 threads about voter fraud and how the election was stolen. In the first 12 hours, that is.

You betcha! :D

Lord Rove is going to mentioned a LOT that night. :eek:

Bailey
10-12-2010, 07:43 AM

We should start a pool for charity, the pool consisting of how many threads of voter fraud. 5 bucks gets you in. :D

NJCardFan
10-12-2010, 11:20 AM
All because our President wanted to be loved by people that will never love him, or like him.

Maybe if your president stopped trying to be most popular and tried to be a leader he'd be more well liked.

Cseeman
10-12-2010, 12:03 PM
It is a real shame that DU is not open any posting that contridicts thier made-up pretend world.

I would love to ask this idiot to name one time Obama has reached out to any conservative period.

Was it when he proclaimed " we won and you lost"

Was it when he rammed health care reform without any votes..

I am truely interested in finding out where i am wrong because the way i see it
Obama has been nothing but pushing his agenda and then either trying to hide it or
Denying that he is doing it...

it is unbeleivable to me as to what world these people live in