PDA

View Full Version : Our elections are not Free or Fair

Cseeman
10-13-2010, 02:07 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=433x475270

Looking at the media driving the narrative, polls helping to solidify the narrative the media wants and money from foreign sources pouring into the Republican trough (with the media giving it an undemocratic pass), I've reached the conclusion that we're not getting what we thought we were getting. Democracy. Instead we're getting media and poll driven democracy.

to a liberal the only way elections can be fair is that they win

marv
10-13-2010, 04:53 PM
So he cited 2000 and 2004 blaming FOX........duh! How about 2008 and the MSM?

warpig
10-13-2010, 07:27 PM

So true.

NJCardFan
10-13-2010, 10:52 PM
Par for the course. 2000, 2002, and 2004, there were claims of disenfranchisement and other bullshit. However, 2006 and 2008 went swimmingly. Now, as it appears that the GOP is in for big gains, the whining is already starting. So predictable.

As for the claims of foreign doners, I guess these people never heard of George Soros.

marv
10-13-2010, 11:08 PM
As for the claims of foreign doners, I guess these people never heard of George Soros.
...or the AFL-CIO's foreign affiliates who pay dues.

movie buff
10-14-2010, 02:26 PM

Indeed.
I still remember in a thread shortly before the 2008 elections, a DUmmy claimed that if McCain won, it would be irrefutable proof that the elections were rigged, and that the liberal nutjobs should in that event all swarm into D.C. like locusts and "Shut it down" until Obama is appointed president.
They'll have the same reactions if they lose this November and in 2012.

Ree
10-14-2010, 05:28 PM
The OP:

wowimthere (1000+ posts) Wed Oct-13-10 02:03 PM
Original message Our elections are NOT free or fair http://upload.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/avatars/lightbulb.gif

Edited on Wed Oct-13-10 02:09 PM by wowimthere
Looking at the media driving the narrative, polls helping to solidify the narrative the media wants and money from foreign sources pouring into the Republican trough (with the media giving it an undemocratic pass), I've reached the conclusion that we're not getting what we thought we were getting. Democracy. Instead we're getting media and poll driven democracy.

In 2000 Bush was declared the winner not by how many votes he won but by Fox news and the Supreme Court. In 2004 exit polls clearly showed Kerry had won. Oops, Bush took that one as well and thanks in large part to the media. Come November we will see the clear trend. If Republicans can be no-nothings, side-liners, obstructionists, liars, hypocrites, and downright crazy and still take the House then my rationale... is rational. You must have the money to buy democracy for democracy to exist... for you