PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck Describes His Medical Tests

Rockntractor
10-13-2010, 09:49 PM
For the most part, Glenn Beck knows what he doesn’t have: cancer, lupus, or secret Diet Coke nanobots eating through his system. On his radio show Wednesday, Beck updated his listeners regarding his stay at Utah’s Huntsman Cancer Institute over the last four days, and said his medical problems are not life-threatening.

Beck explained that he may have Raynaud’s disease (which could explain the lack of feeling in his hands and feet) and small fiber neuropothy, but didn’t speculate as to the cause of either. The Raynaud’s he described as “common,” while the neuropothy, he added, could be “kind of dicey.”

For now, doctors do not know what is causing partial paralysis of his vocal chords. But, Beck said, they think the issue could be a virus, instead of a problem with a “major nerve” in his head.

“I had two MRIs, two CAT scans and then I was going into the PET scan, and they said, ‘We’ve read all of the others we don’t think you have cancer,” Beck told listeners on Wednesday.

“I want you to know that I’m not dying,” he assured.

(Editor’s note: the above information was added as an update. The original story and the video clips are posted below.)

Needles, electric shock, and radioactive isotopes. Glenn briefly discussed his recent medical tests on Wednesday’s** radio program, while promising more details in the coming days (including what doctors did and didn’t find)*:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/glenn-beck-describes-his-medical-tests/

warpig
10-13-2010, 09:51 PM
I heard all this this morning on his show. Good to know he has nothing too serious, the libs be hate'n though.

Rockntractor
10-13-2010, 09:54 PM
I heard all this this morning on his show. Good to know he has nothing too serious, the libs be hate'n though.

I'm always one day behind, I have an xm radio that is recording while I listen to the other one at work, I switch them every morning.

Gingersnap
10-13-2010, 09:57 PM
Raynaud’s disease - that's a creepy one. It doesn't kill you or anything but the symptoms are alarming. A gal I worked with had it and there some common things that would bring it on like cold or wetness but she would also have symptoms from stress or any kind of mild shock (no surprise parties for her). :(

Rockntractor
10-13-2010, 10:12 PM
Raynaud’s disease - that's a creepy one. It doesn't kill you or anything but the symptoms are alarming. A gal I worked with had it and there some common things that would bring it on like cold or wetness but she would also have symptoms from stress or any kind of mild shock (no surprise parties for her). :(

I have a dog that sneaks up on me and barks in my ear at the top of his lungs, that would kill Glenn!

Gingersnap
10-13-2010, 10:14 PM
I have a dog that sneaks up on me and barks in my ear at the top of his lungs, that would kill Glenn!

I don't know about Glenn but this gal would get blue hands if anybody startled her real hard. It went away in about 10 minutes but she was pretty dysfunctional in terms of fine hand motion for that entire time.

She also wore fingerless gloves in the lab when it was possible because labs are kept pretty cool.

Rockntractor
10-13-2010, 11:37 PM
This thread was for people concerned about Glenn's health Wei, if you want to be a tool start another thread, any more crap here and I will delete it too!

CaughtintheMiddle1990
10-14-2010, 08:34 AM
I don't know about Glenn but this gal would get blue hands if anybody startled her real hard. It went away in about 10 minutes but she was pretty dysfunctional in terms of fine hand motion for that entire time.

She also wore fingerless gloves in the lab when it was possible because labs are kept pretty cool.

A question: Did her fingernails ever turn a purple-ish color in cold weather?
Just wondering.

NJCardFan
10-14-2010, 09:03 AM
This thread was for people concerned about Glenn's health Wei, if you want to be a tool start another thread, any more crap here and I will delete it too!

Just wee showing the compassion of the left.

Odysseus
10-14-2010, 09:08 AM

It's not like he can help it. OTOH, I did miss what he posted. Is there a thread where inappropriate comments can be archived for our edification?

CaughtintheMiddle1990
10-14-2010, 09:12 AM
It's not like he can help it. OTOH, I did miss what he posted. Is there a thread where inappropriate comments can be archived for our edification?

It's in the "Wei acting like a corksoaker" thread. He basically said Beck's illness is psychosomatic from the ''bile'' Beck spews and that Beck is just trying to get attention. Essentially, stuff that didn't belong in a thread about someone's health.

Odysseus
10-14-2010, 09:26 AM
It's in the "Wei acting like a corksoaker" thread. He basically said Beck's illness is psychosomatic from the ''bile'' Beck spews and that Beck is just trying to get attention. Essentially, stuff that didn't belong in a thread about someone's health.

Got it. Thanks.

Yeah, that's pretty vile. But, I'm sure that Wei will be the first to tell you about liberal compassion. :rolleyes:

Gingersnap
10-14-2010, 09:49 AM
A question: Did her fingernails ever turn a purple-ish color in cold weather?
Just wondering.

I don't remember. I do remember seeing her hands turn blue when she was really cold (cold for her). I'm pretty outdoorsy and that includes in the winter. I have had really cold hands from time to time but my hands always range from white to brick red (when the circulation gets going). She really did turn blue. :(

noonwitch
10-14-2010, 02:27 PM

He could have Bell's Palsy, which can be an after effect of a viral infection. I had a coworker who had that, and she had to deal with partial paralyzation of her mouth and neck muscles. It went away after a few months.

Gingersnap
10-14-2010, 02:30 PM
He could have Bell's Palsy, which can be an after effect of a viral infection. I had a coworker who had that, and she had to deal with partial paralyzation of her mouth and neck muscles. It went away after a few months.

I thought that affected your face, could it just hit your throat? :confused:

noonwitch
10-14-2010, 02:38 PM
I thought that affected your face, could it just hit your throat? :confused:

My friend had trouble with her neck muscles, too, which affected her speech.

My dad has a different condition, post-polio syndrome. He has problems with his speech and swallowing because of the creeping paralysis of his neck muscles-it gets slightly worse every year.