PDA

View Full Version : I Believe South Park Crossed A Line

NJCardFan
10-14-2010, 08:43 AM
Their episode last night was about the Jersey Shore and how these types of numbnuts were taking over the country. It was a very funny episode. South Park didn't want to become West Jersey so they decided to fight but knew they didn't have enough manpower so Randy(Stan's dad) decided to seek help. He couldn't get any help from the other western states(his phone call to Ahnold was hilarious) so he enlisted the help of Al Qaeda. When the Jersey Shore people started advancing, they shot as many as they could but they ran out of ammo. Just when all seemed lost, here comes Al Qaeda flying commercial airliners...and they started crashing them into the invaders. Ugh. I know these guys rip on everyone but this, I believe, crossed a line. Only because, as goofy and asinine as The Jersey Shore is, a lot of New Jersey residents died on 9/11 and I thought it in poor taste to have planes crashing into people to kill them. Am I being overly sensitive or do you think they crossed a line somewhat here?

Arroyo_Doble
10-14-2010, 08:47 AM
I would be more surprised if you said there was an episode that didn't cross a line.

Just more obscenity for an increasingly vulgar culture.

Rebel Yell
10-14-2010, 08:51 AM
They should have waited 10 more months.

NJCardFan
10-14-2010, 09:01 AM
They should have waited 10 more months.

You saw it too I take it.

Odysseus
10-14-2010, 09:10 AM
I would be more surprised if you said there was an episode that didn't cross a line.

Just more obscenity for an increasingly vulgar culture.

Every once in a while, you and I agree on something.

Phillygirl
10-14-2010, 09:20 AM
I don't watch South Park regularly. I do always laugh, though, when I see it. Crossing the line is their thing. I've yet to see an episode and not cringe at it.

djones520
10-14-2010, 09:27 AM
I stopped watching South Park when they did the Passion of the Christ episode. The anti-semetism was just way to much.

I've seen one episode since then, and that was the World of Warcraft one.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
10-14-2010, 09:29 AM
I stopped watching South Park when they did the Passion of the Christ episode. The anti-semetism was just way to much.

I don't think they were being anti-semitic, but mocking the perceived anti-antisemitism of Mel Gibson and his film. I haven't seen it in a while, so I could be wrong, but that's the way I rememeber it. I don't think the producers of South Park are anti-semitic.

NJCardFan
10-14-2010, 09:35 AM
I don't think they were being anti-semitic, but mocking the perceived anti-antisemitism of Mel Gibson and his film. I haven't seen it in a while, so I could be wrong, but that's the way I rememeber it. I don't think the producers of South Park are anti-semitic.

I don't think they are either and what I do like about them is that they rip on everybody and I do mean everybody. The episode Margaritaville made me laugh so hard my stomach hurt. However, I don't think poking fun at 9/11 is cool but that's just me. Hell, that entire episode was ripping on NJ and I loved it, until the suicide crashing thing.

Phillygirl
10-14-2010, 09:51 AM
I haven't seen many episodes at all. The Michael Jackson one was hilarious, as was the "Golden ticket" one. I can't say that I even remember any other episodes I saw.

Zathras
10-14-2010, 09:53 AM
I haven't seen many episodes at all. The Michael Jackson one was hilarious, as was the "Golden ticket" one. I can't say that I even remember any other episodes I saw.

Tom Cruise refusing to come out of the closet made me laugh as well.

Phillygirl
10-14-2010, 10:32 AM

I heard about that one, but don't think I ever saw it.

FlaGator
10-14-2010, 10:43 AM
The Ben Affleck and J-Lo episode was one of the funniest of all time.

NJCardFan
10-14-2010, 10:54 AM

That's the one that made Issac Hayes quit. Which prompted the "Chef and his fruity little club" episode. I found that whole thing funny considering that SP leaves no stone unturned when ripping on religion including the Super Best Friends episode(that actually had a depiction of Muhammad) which Hayes evidently didn't have a problem with(nor did Hayes have a problem calling the kids "little crackers") but cried when they ripped Scientology.

Rebel Yell
10-14-2010, 11:47 AM
You saw it too I take it.

I actually thought it was one of their best episodes in a while. Of course, there is nothing as grating as a thick Jersey accent to my ears. You have to be thich skinned to take their humor, because they will hit you in the gut sooner or later.

To me, a joke is a joke, and nothing is above making a joke about. I'm kinda fucked up like that.

BTW, "Snookie" was hilarious.

wilbur
10-14-2010, 12:11 PM

I'm pretty sure at least one of the two South Park creators is Jewish by birth.

Rebel Yell
10-14-2010, 12:23 PM
I'm pretty sure at least one of the two South Park creators is Jewish by birth.

Trey Parker is half Jew.

Odysseus
10-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Trey Parker is half Jewish.

Fixed. Jew is a noun. Jewish is an adjective.

NJCardFan
10-14-2010, 12:45 PM
I actually thought it was one of their best episodes in a while. Of course, there is nothing as grating as a thick Jersey accent to my ears. You have to be thich skinned to take their humor, because they will hit you in the gut sooner or later.

To me, a joke is a joke, and nothing is above making a joke about. I'm kinda fucked up like that.

BTW, "Snookie" was hilarious.

Believe me when I tell you, this is not how we talk in NJ. The only people I know who live here and talk like this are transplanted New Yorkers. And I don't know what part of the Jersey Shore these people film at but that certainly is not the Jersey shore I know(yes, I know it is filmed in Seaside Hights. I've been to Seaside and the only people like that crew are New York Bennies...Ape feel free to define benny to the good folks).

And while I appreciate their humor, there are just a few things you do not rip on and 9/11 is one of those things.

NJCardFan
10-14-2010, 12:47 PM
Fixed. Jew is a noun. Jewish is an adjective.

To quote Adam Sandler..."Paul Newman is half Jewish. Goldie Hawn is too. Put them together, what a fine looking Jew."

Odysseus
10-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Believe me when I tell you, this is not how we talk in NJ. The only people I know who live here and talk like this are transplanted New Yorkers. And I don't know what part of the Jersey Shore these people film at but that certainly is not the Jersey shore I know(yes, I know it is filmed in Seaside Hights. I've been to Seaside and the only people like that crew are New York Bennies...Ape feel free to define benny to the good folks).

And while I appreciate their humor, there are just a few things you do not rip on and 9/11 is one of those things.
So, if I were to ask, how many Jersey shore members it takes to change a lightbulb, the answer would not be, "None a' you f***in' business"? :D

To quote Adam Sandler..."Paul Newman is half Jewish. Goldie Hawn is too. Put them together, what a fine looking Jew."

Exactly. Adjective and noun. As I said to a Catholic friend one, "both your clergy and mine are not supposed to indulge in pork. It's just that mine doesn't allow pork as a noun, and yours doesn't allow them pork as a verb." :D

Phillygirl
10-14-2010, 01:20 PM
So, if I were to ask, how many Jersey shore members it takes to change a lightbulb, the answer would not be, "None a' you f***in' business"? :D

Exactly. Adjective and noun. As I said to a Catholic friend one, "both your clergy and mine are not supposed to indulge in pork. It's just that mine doesn't allow pork as a noun, and yours doesn't allow them pork as a verb." :D

Now that is just damn funny. My apologies to Lacarnut for demonstrating my unladylikeness again.

FlaGator
10-14-2010, 01:26 PM

Poetic license maybe?

noonwitch
10-14-2010, 02:19 PM
That's the one that made Issac Hayes quit. Which prompted the "Chef and his fruity little club" episode. I found that whole thing funny considering that SP leaves no stone unturned when ripping on religion including the Super Best Friends episode(that actually had a depiction of Muhammad) which Hayes evidently didn't have a problem with(nor did Hayes have a problem calling the kids "little crackers") but cried when they ripped Scientology.

I think Parker and Stone are angry at Scientology for some good reasons. Isaac Hayes was a nice guy, and he probably would still be alive if it wasn't for his adherence to that cult and their opposition to modern medicine. I'm not sure he had a problem with that episode until the cult told him to have a problem with it.

I've noticed that the celebrities who are members of Scientology are nice people, but not the brightest. John Travolta, Tom Cruise, Kirstie Alley-these are hardly candidates for Mensa. Their collective Weschler score is probably around 90.

Although I was not offended by last night's episode, I was surprised that it aired, mainly because of the al Queda thing.

The snookie monster raping Eric Cartman is one of the funniest visuals I've seen in a while.

Rebel Yell
10-14-2010, 04:15 PM
Although I was not offended by last night's episode, I was surprised that it aired, mainly because of the al Queda thing.

I'm surprised that they didn't censor the part where they shoot Bin Laden. Comedy Central has a hard on for Muslims.

Arroyo_Doble
10-14-2010, 04:25 PM
[/B]

Now that is just damn funny. My apologies to Lacarnut for demonstrating my unladylikeness again.

One of these days, you will learn your place.

Odysseus
10-14-2010, 05:30 PM
I'm surprised that they didn't censor the part where they shoot Bin Laden. Comedy Central has a hard on for Muslims.
If you call craven dhimmitude a "hard on." Remember that it was Comedy Central that censored SP's Mohammed episode.

Phillygirl
10-14-2010, 05:31 PM
One of these days, you will learn your place.

Hopefully. I do appreciate the free tutoring I'm receiving here, though. You can't buy an education like that.

Odysseus
10-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Hopefully. I do appreciate the free tutoring I'm receiving here, though. You can't buy an education like that.

Oh, I don't know. What's the going rate at a Madrassah? :D

Phillygirl
10-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Oh, I don't know. What's the going rate at a Madrassah? :D

Tuition's not bad...but the uniforms get pretty pricey...

JB
10-14-2010, 07:08 PM
I haven't seen many episodes at all. The Michael Jackson one was hilarious, as was the "Golden ticket" one. I can't say that I even remember any other episodes I saw.How could you forget "piss out my ass", "stupid bitch, oh sorry".

Odysseus
10-14-2010, 08:22 PM
Tuition's not bad...but the uniforms get pretty pricey...

Look at how much material they use.

Phillygirl
10-14-2010, 08:39 PM
Look at how much material they use.

Well, that, and the designers keep getting beheaded. Something about the burkhas being too fabulous.

Phillygirl
10-14-2010, 08:40 PM
How could you forget "piss out my ass", "stupid bitch, oh sorry".

I really do laugh every time I watch it! :D

Jumpy
10-14-2010, 08:54 PM
Mostly,I love Southpark...the nagger show was hilarious. I havent watched it in a long time though. Some of the shows are just boring. I think my favorite of all time was the Dog Whisperer show.. nanny 911 or something. Hysterical.

Rebel Yell
10-15-2010, 10:30 AM
If you call craven dhimmitude a "hard on." Remember that it was Comedy Central that censored SP's Mohammed episode.

That actually was what I meant.