PDA

View Full Version : Whoopi and Joy Behar just walked off the show because of Bill O'Reilly...

Carol
10-14-2010, 11:45 AM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9315812)

OneGrassRoot Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Oct-14-10 11:32 AM
Original message
Whoopi and Joy Behar just walked off the show because of Bill O'Reilly...

:applause:

It was about the NYC mosque and they were screaming at one another.

:rofl:

Yea, it's funny. And typical that liberals cannot talk about something they disagree with without loosing control and having a meltdown.

And as usual liberals think the ones yelling, screaming, interrupting and walking off have somehow "won".

wndycty Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Oct-14-10 11:33 AM
Response to Original message
1. Whoopi had her finger in O'Reilly's face.

Dappleganger Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Oct-14-10 11:33 AM
2. Good for them...

although I don't watch that show at least someone had some courage!

AspenRose Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Oct-14-10 11:34 AM
3. How was the audience response?

Pro Whoopi/Joy or pro O'Reilly? And what was Reichstag Barbie doing? (Elisabeth Hasseltwit)
Bitwit1234 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Oct-14-10 11:36 AM
Response to Reply #3
5. I read somewhere where Hasselbeck is getting a lot of flack

and she may be taken off the show. Did anybody else here that.

OneGrassRoot Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Oct-14-10 11:36 AM
Response to Reply #3
6. LOL....honestly, I'm not sure

There seem to be a lot of right-wingers in the audience because there was a decent amount of applause (too much for my liking) when he was bloviating about most Americans being against the mosque and not wanting it there because "muslims killed Americans on 9/11."

Barbara was upset and said something when they left that that should NEVER happen. I think she was pissed with Joy and Whoopi.

They just came back on the set because he apologized.

I'm not watching any more and just saw that one exchange.

:hi:

OneGrassRoot Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Oct-14-10 11:41 AM
Response to Reply #9
14. I'll look for the video later and see what I missed.

They always talk over one another so I miss 80% of what is being said. :eyes:

But Whoopi was PISSED. I don't doubt she swore. I know I couldn't be near him and NOT swear.

Joy was the first one to get up though -- she was sitting next to him and said, "I don't want to sit next to you." She and Whoopi decided to just walk off at that point.

:rofl:

Apache
10-14-2010, 12:07 PM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9315812)

Yea, it's funny. And typical that liberals cannot talk about something they disagree with without loosing control and having a meltdown.

And as usual liberals think the ones yelling, screaming, interrupting and walking off have somehow "won".

:rolleyes:

Gingersnap
10-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Who watches this stuff? Why aren't they out working or feeding the homeless or fishing? :confused:

obx
10-14-2010, 01:14 PM
They could not argue the point intelligently, so they left.
________
Yamaha Xj600 (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_XJ600)

noonwitch
10-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Who watches this stuff? Why aren't they out working or feeding the homeless or fishing? :confused:

I don't watch it even when I'm home on vacation. I like Whoopi as an actress, but not really as a commentator. I don't like any of the rest of the women. I like to watch Baba's interview show on Oscar night, though.

On the other hand, I kind of like O'Reilly. He's hilarious when he's hounding a scumbag. He just needs to lighten up about Stephen Colbert-Colbert is not mocking Bill, he's mocking Hannity and Tucker Carlson. There is an element of respect in his jokes about O'Reilly-calling him "Papa Bear" and all that.

Zathras
10-14-2010, 03:05 PM
I find it unsurprising that the DUmbasses watch this show. After all it's on during the morning when most productive people are at work, unlike the DUmbasses thatsit in their parent's basements eating cheetoes all day long.

namvet
10-14-2010, 03:15 PM
far as im concerned Behar can walk into a high voltage electric fence. and Goldberg was named after the whoppi cushion. the classic fart bag. good riddence !!!!

lacarnut
10-14-2010, 03:54 PM
I will make a point of watching O'Reilly tonight. Bill is a sharp cookie who can hold his own with lefties.
Should be entertaining.

AmPat
10-14-2010, 05:29 PM
1st. I would have never hired these two no-talent hacks.
2nd. If I had brain damage and had hired these two half-wits, I would have fired them on the spot for walking off the set.

Troll
10-14-2010, 05:47 PM
They could not argue the point intelligently, so they left.

What you witnessed is a live-action version of why left-wing talk radio fails.

Sooner or later, for right or wrong, someone is going to call you out. When that happens, you really only have two options. You can either defend your positions with facts, figures and statistics, or you can hang up on the offending caller. Behar and Goldberg hung up on O'Reilly.

obx
10-14-2010, 05:54 PM
We should all e-mail the "VIEW" and tell them how foolish they looked.
________
Toyota Venza Specifications (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Venza)

lacarnut
10-14-2010, 06:01 PM
O'Reilly cleaned the two old bags clock. Twas a funny sight to behold.

Hawkgirl
10-14-2010, 06:37 PM
Definetly listening to O'Reilly on my drive home tonight on SAT radio. He is on the View a lot....and they get huge ratings when he's on. I wonder what he said that drove them off the edge. :D

It's too funny when the HOSTS walk off their own set....LOL....LIBS, the laughing stock of humanity.

FlaGator
10-14-2010, 06:38 PM
What you witnessed is a live-action version of why left-wing talk radio fails.

Sooner or later, for right or wrong, someone is going to call you out. When that happens, you really only have two options. You can either defend your positions with facts, figures and statistics, or you can hang up on the offending caller. Behar and Goldberg hung up on O'Reilly.

You have it the nail squarely on the head. Whoopi and Joy knew they could not put forth a counter argument based on facts so they played the drama queens and walked out. The hijackers where Muslim and no amount of debate from Goldberg or Behar can change that fact. They knew this (probably from losing other arguments of this nature) and walked out. They did Air American thing with their feet.

Hawkgirl
10-14-2010, 06:46 PM
Barb speaks:

Barbara Walters took the reins.”You have just seen what should not happen. We should be able to have discussions without washing our hands and screaming and walking offstage. I love my colleagues, but that should not have happened.”

SarasotaRepub
10-14-2010, 09:01 PM
I will make a point of watching O'Reilly tonight. Bill is a sharp cookie who can hold his own with lefties.
Should be entertaining.

It was indeed. :D

3rd-try
10-14-2010, 09:10 PM

But...but fish feel pain. I know it's true because I heard it somewhere.

NJCardFan
10-14-2010, 11:03 PM
This is typical of liberals. Someone disagrees with them so they pull the old...
http://i3.glitter-graphics.org/pub/708/708353ktyzp004l8.gif

warpig
10-15-2010, 12:05 AM
I saw it tonight on O'Reilly's show.......................it was more of a waddle off than a walk off..............:D

and please after some of the things Joy has said about Christians...................she has no room.:confused:

Dan D. Doty
10-15-2010, 04:24 AM
Whoopie and Joy live in the Manhatten/Hollywood echo chamber where they never run in, or meet people with views different then their own.

Fore people of this ilk, they assume that everone thinks just like them, or else they stupid,unenlightened barbarians that dwell in fly-over country. Whoopi has already admitted ( on Billy's show no less) that she bases her views on emotion rather then reason.

What we saw today was the elite elements of American society showing us that they can't discuss, nor debate any subject ( like DU and its sad clones).

Over on DU right now they'll discussing that " right-wing " view points should be shut down.

When it comes to free speech , the Left is forever saying " All for me, none for thee" ; unless of course DU proves me wrong ( which I doubt they ever will).

obx
10-15-2010, 06:47 AM
Do you know the difference between Whoppi and a bowling ball ? If my life depended on it, I could eat a bowling ball.
________
Ferrari 456 specifications (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_456)

Rebel Yell
10-15-2010, 10:42 AM
I love this comment from YouTube.......

Regarding the mosque near ground zero, I say let them build it. But across the street, we should put a topless bar, called "You Mecca Me Hot". Next to that, a gay bar called "The Turban Cowboy" and next to that, a pork-rib restaurant called "Iraq o' Ribs"? And a check c...ashing center called........"Iran out of money" Lets see who's really tolerant!

Janey
10-15-2010, 03:25 PM
I love this comment from YouTube......Regarding the mosque near ground zero, I say let them build it. But across the street, we should put a topless bar, called "You Mecca Me Hot". Next to that, a gay bar called "The Turban Cowboy" and next to that, a pork-rib restaurant called "Iraq o' Ribs"? And a check c...ashing center called........"Iran out of money" Lets see who's really tolerant!

Love it!!!