PDA

View Full Version : How Well Do You Know Your "Friends"

Kay
10-14-2010, 11:22 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/10/13/government-spying-social-networks/?test=latestnews

Federal Agents Urged to 'Friend' People on Social Networks, Memo Reveals

Published October 14, 2010
FoxNews.com

A privacy watchdog has uncovered a government memo that encourages federal agents to befriend people on a variety of social networks, to take advantage of their readiness to share -- and to spy on them. In response to a Freedom of Information request, the government released a handful of documents, including a May 2008 memo detailing how social-networking sites are exploited by the Office of Fraud Detection and National Security (FDNS).

---snip---

According to the EFF, this memo -- which specifically details how the government evaluates potential citizen requests -- suggests there's nothing to prevent an exaggerated, harmless or even out-of-date offhand comment in a status update from quickly becoming the subject of a full investigation.

---snip---

Among the networks specifically cited for analysis "were general social networking sites like Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and Flickr, as well as sites that focus specifically on certain demographic groups such as MiGente and BlackPlanet, news sites such as NPR, and political commentary sites DailyKos," the EFF wrote.

Gingersnap
10-14-2010, 11:25 PM
Super-well. I don't disclose personal information over the Internet. :p

Kay
10-14-2010, 11:25 PM
I always thought RocknTractor was a little too friendly to everybody.
He might really be a pig afterall....:eek:

Rockntractor
10-14-2010, 11:30 PM

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/spypig.jpg?t=1287113393

Gingersnap
10-14-2010, 11:31 PM

Hmmm........you could have something there. However, he drinks rootbeer preferentially and a federal agent would at least lie and claim to drink PBR or something. :D

Rockntractor
10-14-2010, 11:39 PM
Sniff sniff sniff.

warpig
10-15-2010, 12:14 AM
Easy on the pig references.....................:mad::D

Rockntractor
10-15-2010, 12:34 AM
Easy on the pig references.....................:mad::D

I'll get with you tomorrow about their IP's.:cool:

CaughtintheMiddle1990
10-15-2010, 01:17 AM
That's creepy and Big Brother-ish.

Wei Wu Wei
10-15-2010, 03:05 AM
Hmmm........you could have something there. However, he drinks rootbeer preferentially and a federal agent would at least lie and claim to drink PBR or something. :D

um....i drink PBR but i'm sure as hell no fed

Sonnabend
10-15-2010, 07:07 AM
http://solivakasama.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/kangaroo20court.png

We find Wei guilty of crimes against sanity, and declare him committed to the asylum for the rest of his unnatural life.

Bailiff, remove the prisoner

NO Mr Prosecutor, you may NOT feed him to the wild pigs. This Court will NOT sentence those poor animals to such cruelty. :D

Gingersnap
10-15-2010, 09:49 AM
um....i drink PBR but i'm sure as hell no fed

Do you drink it because you can't afford anything better or do you drink it to fit in with the hipsters? Actually, you could not possibly have a better cover for a Fed infiltrator. No wonder you wanted to loan me a cell phone. :p