PDA

View Full Version : Which football teams have the most dedicated fans

warpig
10-16-2010, 11:40 PM
http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-10-14/nfl-fans-from-cowboys-to-packers-ranking-which-teams-have-the-best/?cid=hp:beastoriginalsC5

• Average annual stadium attendance percentage for 2006-present, according to ESPN, weighed in part by the team’s record over that period.

• Average Fan Cost Index for 2006-2010, according to Team Marketing Report, a leading sports marketing firm. The Fan Cost Index represents the total cost of four average-price tickets, two small draft beers, four small soft drinks, four regular-size hot dogs, parking for one car, two game programs, and two adult-size adjustable caps. This number was then measured against the average per capita income for each metropolitan area for 2006-2009 (the most recent year available) according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis

• Tailgating rank for each city, according to the National Tailgating Index, compiled by an “alliance of tailgating experts” and commissioned by KVH Industries and DirecTv in 2007

To view your teams click here:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/galleries/2212/1/

It's surprising how many team underfill their attendance capacity.

NJCardFan
10-17-2010, 12:17 AM
I'm surprised that the Eagles aren't higher. Wife and I are on the waiting list for season tickets and are something like 10,000th on the list. My Cardinals are 15th. Considering the shithole they played in from 1988 to 2003, now having a stadium that is sold out week after week is a huge accomplishment. The other thing to look at, that this survey doesn't tough on, is team success. The Saints being near the bottom is an anomaly but most of the teams in the bottom half have been struggling. The Raiders bring up the rear on this list but I'll be willing to bet there is no team with a more rabid fan base than the Raidiz. Most fans who brings up the base are bandwagon jumpers.

Bubba Dawg
10-17-2010, 08:16 AM
I can't believe the Raiders are last in this category.

I would have guessed Green Bay and Philly would be very high, but figured Pittsburgh would also.

It's hard to quantify this stuff. Interesting analysis, though.

Zathras
10-17-2010, 09:39 AM

I can. The fans they do get are pretty dedicated but when you can't sell out any games during the season it will put you on the low end of that list. In fact I can't remember the last time there was a Raider home game on TV here in the bay area. You have to sell out 72 hours before game time to prevent the blackout and the Raiders never do.

NJCardFan
10-17-2010, 01:29 PM

I would have guessed Green Bay and Philly would be very high, but figured Pittsburgh would also.

The Philly thing baffles me because they sell season standing room only tickets.

Bubba Dawg
10-17-2010, 01:47 PM
I can. The fans they do get are pretty dedicated but when you can't sell out any games during the season it will put you on the low end of that list. In fact I can't remember the last time there was a Raider home game on TV here in the bay area. You have to sell out 72 hours before game time to prevent the blackout and the Raiders never do.

Interesting. I look at the crowd shots and the fans seem rabid and really into it. Never noticed the empty seats. Of course, they don't like to show those on TV do they?

Bubba Dawg
10-17-2010, 01:48 PM
The Philly thing baffles me because they sell season standing room only tickets.

Yeah. They scored pretty good but I figured they'd be at the top. I'm watching them now.

Constitutionally Speaking
10-17-2010, 07:20 PM
The Detroit Lions.

I present myself as exhibit "A".

Seriously. How many other teams would STILL be able to sell out ANY home games if they offered up as bad of a product that they have put forth over the last 10 years?

NJCardFan
10-17-2010, 07:48 PM
The Detroit Lions.

I present myself as exhibit "A".

Seriously. How many other teams would STILL be able to sell out ANY home games if they offered up as bad of a product that they have put forth over the last 10 years?

I believe I trump you being a Cardinals fan. You guys may be going through 10 years of futility but I went through over 30 years. When you can count on 1 hand the winning seasons your team had in a 30 year time period and are still a fan of the team, that's dedication. And we were just a scant few seconds and a brilliant catch away from exercising all of those ghosts in 2008.

PoliCon
10-17-2010, 08:32 PM

Not only is Pittsburgh's attendance high - this town turns into a ghost town when ever the Steelers are playing. Nearly everyone is either in front of a TV at home or in a bar watching the game if they're not at the stadium live and in person. :)

NJCardFan
10-17-2010, 09:18 PM
What's been up with the Pirates, Poli?

PoliCon
10-17-2010, 09:20 PM
What's been up with the Pirates, Poli?

Easy - the managment cared more about making money than they did about winning. So they would sell of every bit of talent we produce for a profit.

NJCardFan
10-17-2010, 09:45 PM
It's a shame because at one time the Pirates were a powerhouse. I grew up with the Dave Parker/Willie Stargel/Bill Matlock era. They battled my Phils all though the mid to late 70's.

fettpett
10-18-2010, 10:33 PM
One stat that will blow everyone out of the water: 288 games STRAIGHT of sold out games at Lambeau field. thats 35+ years. the Packers season ticket waiting list is almost as long, around 30 years i believe.
\I think the Dallas and Indy spots are bull, especially Dallas.