PDA

View Full Version : Difference between a conservative and a liberal

Sonnabend
10-17-2010, 06:54 AM
If a conservative doesnít like guns, he doesn`t buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn`t eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat his enemy.
A liberal wonders how to surrender gracefully and still look good.

If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life..
If a liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a black man or Hispanic are conservative, they see themselves as independently successful.
Their liberal counterparts see themselves as victims in need of government protection.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him. Or demands the State confiscate money of others to "spread the wealth around".

If a conservative doesnít like a talk show host, he switches channels.
Liberals demand that those they donít like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesnít go to church.
A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced. (Unless itís Islam of course. Or the Greenie Church of Gaia)

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a conservative slips and falls in a store, he gets up, laughs and is embarrassed.
If a liberal slips and falls, he grabs his neck, moans like he's in labor and then sues.

If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.
A liberal will delete it because he's "offended".

CueSi
10-17-2010, 11:27 AM
I'm not exactly quiet. I just try not to be an asshole to people who aren't gonna understand.

And most liberals will write a pissy response e-mail , not delete.

You should know this. :D

~QC

AmPat
10-17-2010, 09:48 PM
If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life..
If a liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.
If a Conservative is a homosexual, he gets ridiculed by the liberal mass media and made into a huge media circus. If a liberal is homosexual, he is applauded and made into a leftist hero worthy of highest office.

NJCardFan
10-17-2010, 09:55 PM
If a Conservative is a homosexual, he gets ridiculed by the liberal mass media and made into a huge media circus. If a liberal is homosexual, he is applauded and made into a leftist hero worthy of highest office.

Conservatives want to save unborn children and to execute convicted murderers.
Liberals want to kill unborn children and save convicted murderers.

PoliCon
10-17-2010, 09:59 PM
This reminds me of a thread A friend of mine and I put together on another site called "liberal logic" - I'll see if I can find my saved copy and repost the hilights from that compilation. :)

noonwitch
10-18-2010, 11:54 AM

The conservative homosexual only gets ridiculed by the media when he has previously denied he was gay, only to be caught red-handed in a gay sex act.

FlaGator
10-18-2010, 12:08 PM
The conservative homosexual only gets ridiculed by the media when he has previously denied he was gay, only to be caught red-handed in a gay sex act.

That is not necessarily true:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2010-06-24-outed23_ST_N.htm

In a nutshell: a Lutheran pastor who spoke against homosexuality was outed by a gay magazine who had a reporter infiltrate an anonymous support group (which is ethical malfeasance in my opinion) and then report on the pastor's participation in the group. There is no evidence that he ever engaged in homosexual behavior and has since admitted that he attended the group because he had homosexual desires that he knew to be wrong and the group helped him deal with them.

He was not caught red handed in a gay sex act. His crime was to speak out against homosexual behavior because he is a homosexual and knows homosexuality to be morally wrong.

noonwitch
10-18-2010, 03:55 PM
That is not necessarily true:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2010-06-24-outed23_ST_N.htm

In a nutshell: a Lutheran pastor who spoke against homosexuality was outed by a gay magazine who had a reporter infiltrate an anonymous support group (which is ethical malfeasance in my opinion) and then report on the pastor's participation in the group. There is no evidence that he ever engaged in homosexual behavior and has since admitted that he attended the group because he had homosexual desires that he knew to be wrong and the group helped him deal with them.

He was not caught red handed in a gay sex act. His crime was to speak out against homosexual behavior because he is a homosexual and knows homosexuality to be morally wrong.

Ah, he made the Donnie McKlurken mistake, and dared to imply that sexual orientation isn't a totally genetic thing. But it wasn't the mainstream media who outed him, it was a gay magazine.

AmPat
10-18-2010, 04:57 PM
Ah, he made the Donnie McKlurken mistake, and dared to imply that sexual orientation isn't a totally genetic thing. But it wasn't the mainstream media who outed him, it was a gay magazine.

Sounds like there are some rules to when you can bash gays. Does this mean it is fair game to bash gays if he isn't gay enough? If he questions his sexuality? If you don't like his politics?

Where do we draw the line and who makes the rules for when it is permissible to bash gays?

I say if it is ok to bash a gay like Craig for one reason, it is ok to bash all gays for any reason.

NJCardFan
10-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Sounds like there are some rules to when you can bash gays. Does this mean it is fair game to bash gays if he isn't gay enough? If he questions his sexuality? If you don't like his politics?

Where do we draw the line and who makes the rules for when it is permissible to bash gays?

I say if it is ok to bash a gay like Craig for one reason, it is ok to bash all gays for any reason.

Oh I've seen plenty of blacks being bashed for not being black enough. Whatever the hell that means.