PDA

View Full Version : Any Catholics?

CaughtintheMiddle1990
10-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Just wondering if any Catholics are members of these forums?
I am one.

NJCardFan
10-17-2010, 04:17 PM
I used to be.

JB
10-17-2010, 04:49 PM
There's Catholicism and then everyone else that found Catholicism too hard. Like Martin.

hampshirebrit
10-17-2010, 06:11 PM
Or just unbelievable. Like me.

Bubba Dawg
10-17-2010, 06:49 PM
I heard a nice quote:

In my religion I am both orthodox and un-orthodox. I am unorthodox in that I do not attend church. I am orthodox in the sense that the Church that I don't attend, is Roman Catholic.

Phillygirl
10-17-2010, 06:50 PM
I am a Catholic.

lurkalot
10-17-2010, 07:00 PM
As we said in Minnesota "I'm Missouri Synod Looteran....its Catholic Lite..none of the saints, all of the guilt"

Speedy
10-17-2010, 07:37 PM
I am Catholic, but really do not believe alot of what the Church would have us believe.

SaintLouieWoman
10-17-2010, 08:25 PM
My mother was Catholic. My father was Protestant, Evangelic and Reformed, now United Church of Christ. I preferred my father's church to the eternal chagrin of my mother. I attended Catholic parochial school through 6th grade, then insisted on attending the public school. My mom was furious with me.

My sister is very Catholic. I just don't particularly care for the religion all that much. I guess I was turned off by the eternal passing the plate at my mom's church. I felt better listening to a good sermon at dad's church than listening to the Latin. (I know, I know, the masses aren't in Latin anymore---not for a long time)

Because of the tug of war, I guess I'm not particularly any religion.

marv
10-17-2010, 08:54 PM
As we said in Minnesota "I'm Missouri Synod Looteran....its Catholic Lite..none of the saints, all of the guilt"
Missouri Synod Lutheran, too...at least until about 54 years ago. Good church - yup, Catholic lite. But there just aren't any gods. Been an atheist since.

PoliCon
10-17-2010, 08:57 PM
I assume by "Catholic" you mean roman - right? I'm catholic - but not Roman.

Rockntractor
10-17-2010, 09:11 PM
I assume by "Catholic" you mean roman - right? I'm catholic - but not Roman.

Dork! You knew what he meant.:rolleyes:

PoliCon
10-17-2010, 09:22 PM
Dork! You knew what he meant.:rolleyes:

Meh. pet peve. I hate when people act like they own a word. :rolleyes:

CueSi
10-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Dad was an ex-Catholic. I thought about following in his footsteps, but I believe in contraception.

~QC

noonwitch
10-18-2010, 11:46 AM
I have catholic relatives, but my grandfather rejected that faith around the time the nuns in Austria tied his left hand behind his back so that he could learn to write with his right hand, as only Satan's children are lefties. One of my uncles converted when he got married, same with one of my cousins.

My mom was raised episcopalian, my dad was raised methodist. I was christened in a methodist church, but my parents joined a UCC church when we moved to Grand Rapids, which is what I grew up attending. My dad couldn't deal with the kneeling involved in the episcopalian church, and my mom didn't like the methodist church for some reason (probably not liberal enough for her). The UCC church in our neighborhood had Sunday School for the kids during the service for the adults, so my parents both agreed on that issue.

FlaGator
10-18-2010, 11:49 AM
I know some Catholics...