PDA

View Full Version : McCain Will LOSE My Vote if Mitt Romney is VP Pick!

mike128
08-20-2008, 04:35 PM
I keep hearing in the news that the top two VP picks for John McCain are Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty and Massachusetts Liberal Mitt Romney. I have done research online about Tim Pawlenty, and he seems like a good VP pick for McCain, so far.

But if John McCain selects Mitt Romney as his running mate, he will LOSE my vote this November. Flip Romney only decided to become 'pro-life' once he knew that he wanted to run for president, and his advisors told him to 'run to the right' to win in the primaries. In reality, Mitt Romney has been one of the most pro-abortion, pro-homosexual "rights" governors over the past decade. Here's a link that goes into detail about Mitt Romney's REAL record on the social issues:

http://www.massresistance.org/docs/marriage/romney/record/

John McCain will be shooting himself in the foot if he really believes that social conservatives will embrace a Mitt Romney VP pick.

LibraryLady
08-20-2008, 04:36 PM
I'll call him right now and inform him of your opinion.

OwlMBA
08-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Sigh......

That is such the liberal way of thinking. So you would rather have Obama as PRESIDENT than Romney as VP? That cannot possibly make sense in any rational brain.

rjas77
08-20-2008, 04:37 PM
I keep hearing in the news that the top two VP picks for John McCain are Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty and Massachusetts Liberal Mitt Romney. I have done research online about Tim Pawlenty, and he seems like a good VP pick for McCain, so far.

But if John McCain selects Mitt Romney as his running mate, he will LOSE my vote this November. Flip Romney only decided to become 'pro-life' once he knew that he wanted to run for president, and his advisors told him to 'run to the right' to win in the primaries. In reality, Mitt Romney has been one of the most pro-abortion, pro-hoomosexual "rights" governors over the past decade. Here's a link that goes into detail about Mitt Romney's REAL record on the social issues:

John McCain will be shooting himself in the foot if he really believes that social conservatives will embrace a Mitt Romney VP pick.

Pawlenty will be his VP...

linda22003
08-20-2008, 04:45 PM
The list of Mike's demands has gotten so long that I now completely doubt he's even registered. :p

Goldwater
08-20-2008, 04:46 PM
Haven't you made this topic before?

LogansPapa
08-20-2008, 04:49 PM
That cannot possibly make sense in any rational brain.

Exactly. Over-humped and silly. Thought it was megi.........where is megi?:confused:

Molon Labe
08-20-2008, 04:50 PM
Sigh......

That is such the liberal way of thinking. So you would rather have Obama as PRESIDENT than Romney as VP? That cannot possibly make sense in any rational brain.

Come on Owl? Don't give someone the Liberal platitude just because they have principles.
McCain IS a Liberal. Everybody is just so enamored with the bastard because he has a Big "R" next to his name. He could pick Ronald Reagan's corpse for all I care and some of us still wouldn't support the little twerp.

OwlMBA
08-20-2008, 04:57 PM
Come on Owl? Don't give someone the Liberal platitude just because they have principles.
McCain IS a Liberal. Everybody is just so enamored with the bastard because he has a Big "R" next to his name. He could pick Ronald Reagan's corpse for all I care and some of us still wouldn't support the little twerp.

Sigh, part 2.

Reganism is dead. W killed it once and for all. You will never have a hyper-conservative as President of the US as long as we are as "diverse" as we are today. Now that Liberals have figured out how to use a progressive tax structure to buy votes, Reaganism is gone.

You just need to accept the fact that politics at the National level is the "lesser of the two evils". Unless America splits into the Conservative and Liberal territories, you will always have a liberal president. You just need to decide HOW liberal.

JB
08-20-2008, 05:03 PM
McCain could pick Cindy Sheehan as VP and I'd still vote for him.

Molon Labe
08-20-2008, 05:11 PM
Sigh, part 2.

Reganism is dead. W killed it once and for all. You will never have a hyper-conservative as President of the US as long as we are as "diverse" as we are today. Now that Liberals have figured out how to use a progressive tax structure to buy votes, Reaganism is gone.

You just need to accept the fact that politics at the National level is the "lesser of the two evils". Unless America splits into the Conservative and Liberal territories, you will always have a liberal president. You just need to decide HOW liberal.

Ok True....
I don't believe that we can't reverse the collectivist mindset though.....I'm optimistic that we can achieve a viable third option. It may take a serious event, but Bush and Clinton have guaranteed that is inevitable with their pathetic policies.

Space Gravy
08-20-2008, 05:17 PM
I didn't think you were voting for him anyway.

Cold Warrior
08-20-2008, 05:24 PM
I didn't think you were voting for him anyway.

Of course, he's not. Mikie's purpose here is to play the staunch conservative who's disgruntled with the "liberal" McCain. I find it interesting that the litmus test he's applying (I thought only evil libs applied litmust tests), i.e., that of being against abortion, is, or should be, one of McCain's strong points. In my understanding McCain has been consistently "pro-life" throughout his career; so what does it really matter as to his Veep's views on the issue.

Since I am personally pro-choice, if I were one of those evil liberals who apply litmus tests, I would be forced to vote for Obama. Fortunately, I'm not.

Two sides. Same coin.

On edit: They're showing McCain right now on CNN answering questions from a bunch of whacky-whackies in New Mexico. They're grilling him about his VP choice and that person's views on abortion. I'm beginning to understand why the R's are losing so many affluent, traditional Republican voters. Who really wants to be associated with these idiots?

Eyelids
08-20-2008, 05:30 PM
Who really wants to be associated with these idiots?
Its actually surprising this hasn't happened earlier.

Goldwater
08-20-2008, 05:35 PM
On edit: They're showing McCain right now on CNN answering questions from a bunch of whacky-whackies in New Mexico. They're grilling him about his VP choice and that person's views on abortion. I'm beginning to understand why the R's are losing so many affluent, traditional Republican voters. Who really wants to be associated with these idiots?

Is this not the culture war though? Did these people not first put Jimmy Carter into power?

Constitutionally Speaking
08-20-2008, 05:54 PM
Ok True....
I don't believe that we can't reverse the collectivist mindset though.....I'm optimistic that we can achieve a viable third option. It may take a serious event, but Bush and Clinton have guaranteed that is inevitable with their pathetic policies.

One way to ensue we NEVER will be able to reverse the collectivist mindset is to get even MORE people addicted to government programs.

Obama will accelerate those addicted to them.

McCain will maintain the status quo and perhaps - reduce the dependents slightly - giving us a chance next time around.

08-20-2008, 05:56 PM

But if John McCain selects Mitt Romney as his running mate, he will LOSE my vote this November. Flip Romney only decided to become 'pro-life' once he knew that he wanted to run for president, and his advisors told him to 'run to the right' to win in the primaries. In reality, Mitt Romney has been one of the most pro-abortion, pro-homosexual "rights" governors over the past decade. Here's a link that goes into detail about Mitt Romney's REAL record on the social issues:

If abortion is your issue, you are an idiot. PERIOD. McCain has a ZERO rating with NARAL while Obama has a 100% rating.

Conversely, McCain's record is EXTREMELY favorable to the anti-abortion groups while Obama gets a zero rating.

YOU would be shooting YOUR cause in the foot by not voting for McCain.

The VP is INCONSEQUENTIAL to the abortion question. HE DOES NOT MATTER.

Molon Labe
08-20-2008, 07:04 PM
One way to ensue we NEVER will be able to reverse the collectivist mindset is to get even MORE people addicted to government programs.

Obama will accelerate those addicted to them.

McCain will maintain the status quo and perhaps - reduce the dependents slightly - giving us a chance next time around.

That's a much more realistic assessment than those that think McCain is a conservative....I don't see the Presidency being the answer. It starts at grassroots in Congress.

SarasotaRepub
08-20-2008, 07:29 PM
I thought Smokin Joe was McCain's new pick for VP...:confused::D

asdf2231
08-20-2008, 07:54 PM
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x63/antsin/fuckometer.gif

08-20-2008, 09:13 PM
That's a much more realistic assessment than those that think McCain is a conservative....I don't see the Presidency being the answer. It starts at grassroots in Congress.

The grassroots is ABSOLUTELY where we need to begin. Then we need to follow it up in the primaries to get rid of the RINOS.

I look at McCain pretty much as a stalling effort. Holding our place until we can reinforce with real conservatives.

mike128
08-21-2008, 02:02 AM
The VP is INCONSEQUENTIAL to the abortion question. HE DOES NOT MATTER.
Um, who would become president should something happen to McCain's health due to his age, forcing him to leave office?? And who would likely get the GOP nomination in 2012, should McCain decide to serve only one term as president?? Could you help me out, because I'm completely baffled by these two questions. :confused::rolleyes:

gator
08-21-2008, 06:33 AM

I don't understand how you came to that conclusion.

Bush increased the cost of government considerably (about 1 trillion a year), established new entitlement programs and refused to seal the borders, which increased government dependents, so why don't you think McCain won't do the same?

McCain supported the entitlement programs and the increased budgets and we know he was an activists to give the Illegals amnesty.

Sonnabend
08-21-2008, 06:43 AM
One thing I don't understand..in a lot of countries there is often a third party, unaffiliated..and they at times can hold the balance in the Senate.

Why is it that a third party has never really taken root? it cant be a Constitutional issue...is it apathy? Lack of direction? Why is it that a "grassroots:" movement of the kind you mention hasn't started before this?

What would it take to get one started...and who would head it?

marinejcksn
08-21-2008, 06:47 AM

Mr. McCain stands toward the center and leans liberal to get things done he agrees with, in my opinion. I'm not happy he's the choice against Obama and I'll probably end up voting for Bob Barr or writing in Ron Paul on my absentee ballot. But please don't call him a bastard, he deserves more respect then that. I don't like his policies but I feel he's a good man.

LibraryLady
08-21-2008, 08:22 AM
Sigh, part 2.

Thank you, I agree. If the right was SO conservative,why didn't it select a conservative candidate? Because most of us aren't that conservative and it would lose our votes and be helpless.

Molon Labe
08-21-2008, 09:10 AM
Mr. McCain stands toward the center and leans liberal to get things done he agrees with, in my opinion. I'm not happy he's the choice against Obama and I'll probably end up voting for Bob Barr or writing in Ron Paul on my absentee ballot. But please don't call him a bastard, he deserves more respect then that. I don't like his policies but I feel he's a good man.

My choice of words is offensive...I agree.... I wasn't always so militant against McCain, but I saw how he treated others in the primaries including Paul, Hunter, and Huckabee, and I was pretty disgusted. Not to mention that alot of Republican's lay thick the b.s. that he's a "true conservative". My inlaws...to be speciific. :rolleyes:
If I vote at all it will probably be Chuck Baldwin...He was a big supporter of Paul's during the primaries and he's one of the few that actually get's it.

marinejcksn
08-21-2008, 11:12 AM
My choice of words is offensive...I agree.... I wasn't always so militant against McCain, but I saw how he treated others in the primaries including Paul, Hunter, and Huckabee, and I was pretty disgusted. Not to mention that alot of Republican's lay thick the b.s. that he's a "true conservative". My inlaws...to be speciific. :rolleyes:
If I vote at all it will probably be Chuck Baldwin...He was a big supporter of Paul's during the primaries and he's one of the few that actually get's it.

I totally agree Molon...the way he treated Paul & Hunter was a disgrace, not to mention the outright lies he used against Romney. I'm so sick of these RINO candidates, one after another, it makes me want to scream. I think Rush and Beck & Levin are right...the Media basically telegraphed this whole thing and picked our candidates for us, then led the sheeple in the direction they wanted. Think about it; how many people do you know who actually voted McCain in the primaries? Was he picked randomly out of a hat or something? I think if you had actual REAL conservative, awesome choices like what we had with Ron Paul and Duncan Hunter it should've been a no-brainer. Instead...we get a liberal leaning RINO who only holds my respect because of his sacrifice to this country. Which he deserves....but his policies....man:eek:

One other thing though, looking at the First Lady quotient. You KNOW that their wife plays such a big role in their decisions...any powerful man is going to be talking decisions over with his wife in the Presidential bedroom. So who would you rather have on the other end of THOSE conversations? Personally, I think Cindy McCain is a woman of real class, grace and dignity. Michelle Obama....not so much:D

linda22003
08-21-2008, 11:19 AM
I'm not happy he's the choice against Obama and I'll probably end up voting for Bob Barr or writing in Ron Paul on my absentee ballot.

Might as well just vote Obama directly, instead of taking the indirect route to the same result. :confused:

Molon Labe
08-21-2008, 11:36 AM
Might as well just vote Obama directly, instead of taking the indirect route to the same result. :confused:

No...My vote for, whomever i vote for, is a vote for THAT person. That way when McCain or Obama keeps crapping all over the constitution, the tax payer and the American soldier, then I can say " I told you so". That lesser of two evils crap is lame-O.

OwlMBA
08-21-2008, 11:39 AM
All that money pumped into Ron Paul's campaign shows how desperate the illogical conservatives are getting. Sure, I wish we had a real Conservative president. But I also know that will never happen.

We are the next USSR. All that "diversity" will eventually only mean one thing - Division. It is inevitable. We are a nation where NOBODY is happy. Our leaders are half-ass at everything and stand for nothing. Even BO is pissing off true liberals by not offering to round up our guns and dismantle private education, etc.

Troll
08-21-2008, 11:55 AM
We are the next USSR. All that "diversity" will eventually only mean one thing - Division. It is inevitable. We are a nation where NOBODY is happy. Our leaders are half-ass at everything and stand for nothing. Even BO is pissing off true liberals by not offering to round up our guns and dismantle private education, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJOjrpaVZpk

I've read somewhere that the future does not exist - that mankind is doomed to repeat its own mistakes until Judgment Day.

I'm inclined to agree with you on the "division" thing. I think "diversity" is a failed social experiment. I love my country, but I see several USSR-ish turn of events in our not-too-distant future.

M21
08-21-2008, 12:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJOjrpaVZpk

I've read somewhere that the future does not exist - that mankind is doomed to repeat its own mistakes until Judgment Day.

I'm inclined to agree with you on the "division" thing. I think "diversity" is a failed social experiment. I love my country, but I see several USSR-ish turn of events in our not-too-distant future.

We won't be allowed to divide and "they" will crush us before they allow that to happen. You won't be allowed to be free. There really are no Conservatives in government anymore.

OwlMBA
08-21-2008, 12:18 PM
We won't be allowed to divide and "they" will crush us before they allow that to happen. You won't be allowed to be free. There really are no Conservatives in government anymore.

Someone has to pay for all of these liberal programs, and they know it. The Liberals rely on the "wealthiest 10%" to pay for everything. Since they use unconstitutional progressive taxes, they get away with it. By subdividing a specific group and forcing them to pay for everything while the minority gets a break they guarantee success.

Imagine if you created a tax plan where only people with red hair paid taxes. Or only people named "Steve". Heck, create any group that is a small percentage of the population and you see what I am getting at. Progressive taxes are unfair because it is taxation without representation. It is forcing a minority against the majority and they can't do anything about it.

Molon Labe
08-21-2008, 12:18 PM

Yes...and we do have USSRish things going on because we are becoming more and more collectivist day by day. When the party of limited government creates new federal bureaucracies at every whim like the Democrats do, we have fallen far from our tree. Both parties are for big government now..
It's either tax and spend or borrow and spend...Pick your poison.

Friedrich Hayek looks more and more like sage every day. Too bad so few have actually read him :(

OwlMBA
08-21-2008, 12:22 PM
Some enterprising, small, independent countries are going to take advantage of what is happening in the US and really capitalize on it. They will create a flat tax or some other fair structure that attracts the wealthy Americans. Heck, even Bermuda, the Antilles, and the Caymans will become more and more attractive to wealthy Americans - not to invest, but actually move and live as a citizen.

Once the liberals increase Capital Gains taxes, and they will, they will remove all incentive to take risks and invest and really motivate wealthy Americans to bail. Saving several million dollars every year is good reason to transplant your family in a more tax-friendly country.

LogansPapa
08-21-2008, 12:27 PM
When the party of limited government creates new federal bureaucracies at every whim like the Democrats do, we have fallen far from our tree. Both parties are for big government now..
It's either tax and spend or borrow and spend...Pick your poison.:(

My state’s a perfect example of this reality.

During the dot.com upswing, dildos in the state legislature actually formulated their program conceptions (and idiotic give-away programs therein) on projected income generated by property taxes - making our politicians money junkies.

Arnold just rolled over yesterday - supplied his own lubricant - and announced we’ll all be blessed with an extra 1% sales tax. Our governor has now become the greatest betrayer of the Republican ideal in the history of the union.

:rolleyes:

Molon Labe
08-21-2008, 12:32 PM
Some enterprising, small, independent countries are going to take advantage of what is happening in the US and really capitalize on it. They will create a flat tax or some other fair structure that attracts the wealthy Americans. Heck, even Bermuda, the Antilles, and the Caymans will become more and more attractive to wealthy Americans - not to invest, but actually move and live as a citizen.

Once the liberals increase Capital Gains taxes, and they will, they will remove all incentive to take risks and invest and really motivate wealthy Americans to bail. Saving several million dollars every year is good reason to transplant your family in a more tax-friendly country.

I'm not too keen on a flat or fair tax....so far, I've read some pretty troubling things on them. Unfortunately, no one will take seriously spending cuts as tax relief under the current system. And few believe anymore that the income tax wasn't an intention of the founders.

To make matters worse for Republican's...I saw on Glenn Beck that two Democratic governors in NY and NJ just announced that they will actually cut state spending.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-04-23-corzine_N.htm

http://www.state.ny.us/governor/press/press_0811081.html

My Gosh! When the damn Democrats actually have the balls to cut spending...then how can we say we are the party for the tax payer?

IanMartins
08-21-2008, 12:39 PM

Yes, the United States has been moving steadily downward on the Index of Economic Freedom (http://www.heritage.org/research/features/index/countries.cfm), and Hong Kong is currently the uncontested center of capitalism on Earth.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/8599/30262189crw5831rjzk2.jpg

I found the loss of Budweiser to the Belgians particularly depressing. :(

Rebel Yell
08-21-2008, 04:19 PM
My state’s a perfect example of this reality.

During the dot.com upswing, dildos in the state legislature actually formulated their program conceptions (and idiotic give-away programs therein) on projected income generated by property taxes - making our politicians money junkies.

Arnold just rolled over yesterday - supplied his own lubricant - and announced we’ll all be blessed with an extra 1% sales tax. Our governor has now become the greatest betrayer of the Republican ideal in the history of the union.

Don't act like you didn't see that coming. Should have elected Gary Coleman.:D

lacarnut
08-21-2008, 04:57 PM

He is a smidgen better than the previous Gov. but not by much. However, you don't have to look past who he is married to understand his liberal stances and policies.

Is the sales tax up to a vote or can the legislature pass the increase with out taxpayer approval?

Full-Auto
08-21-2008, 09:02 PM
McCain will lose my vote if he picks anyone as VP.

Zeus
08-21-2008, 09:49 PM
McCain will lose my vote if he picks anyone as VP.

No VP. Betcha Nancy would like that.:eek:

LogansPapa
08-22-2008, 10:04 AM
Is the sales tax up to a vote or can the legislature pass the increase with out taxpayer approval?

The latter. :(

08-30-2008, 12:45 PM
I don't understand how you came to that conclusion.

Bush increased the cost of government considerably (about 1 trillion a year), established new entitlement programs and refused to seal the borders, which increased government dependents, so why don't you think McCain won't do the same?

McCain supported the entitlement programs and the increased budgets and we know he was an activists to give the Illegals amnesty.

McCain WOULD be the same on those issues but be harder on earmarks and such.

That is the Status quo.

It would be a slower pace to socialism than the Obama train. It would give us conservatives time to regroup and work at the grass roots level to put real conservatives in place.

Sort of like withdrawing to a more defensible position and waiting for reserves.

08-30-2008, 12:47 PM
"more defensible position" is perhaps a bad analogy but we DO need time to call up the reserves and recruit real conservatives.

I just fear that Obama will put us past the point of no return.