PDA

View Full Version : George Soros Buys 100 NPR ‘Reporters’

Apocalypse
10-20-2010, 05:32 PM
With Grant, NPR to Step Up State Government Reporting

By ELIZABETH JENSEN
October 17, 2010

NPR has received a $1.8 million grant from the Open Society Foundations to begin a project called Impact of Government that is intended to add at least 100 journalists at NPR member radio stations in all 50 states over the next three years.

The reporters, editors and analysts will cover state governments and how their actions affect people.

Open Society Foundations is Soros's foundation. So we can trust that all these 100 'journalists' will be impartial.

The project “creates capacity for local stations to hire reporters and to cover issues that matter that other places aren’t doing,” said Vivian Schiller [sic], NPR’s president and chief executive. “Everything that we’re doing as relates to member stations comes down to two things: building local news capacity and making sure the content we create is available to all people across all platforms.”

Ms. Schiller said the journalists would not be part of typical statehouse coverage, but instead would work on enterprise journalism that looks at how state government decisions play out over years, and extend beyond a single state’s borders.

Another words they will skip right past just reporting on the news of politics and head straight too being the propagandist of the left.

The program, one of a number of new public media reporting projects meant to counter some of the cutbacks in profit-making journalism, will begin with an eight-state pilot phase in March 2011. Eventually, NPR and local stations hope to raise about $17 million to expand the program, and $18 million to $19 million annually to sustain it, said Ron Schiller [sic], president of the NPR Foundation and NPR’s senior vice president for development (and no relation to Ms. Schiller.)…

Tax-payer funded propaganda. Nice...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/18/business/media/18npr.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

With any luck, Mr. Soros will do for NPR what he what he accomplished with Air America.

lacarnut
10-20-2010, 05:57 PM
A Repub majority House of R. should defund NPR. Let lefties support it.

Starbuck
10-20-2010, 10:28 PM
I didn't know Much about Soros. Just what I hear on the news. So I looked up his bio.

Ya gotta laugh..

In an interview with The Washington Post on November 11, 2003, Soros said that removing President George W. Bush from office was the "central focus of my life" and "a matter of life and death." He said he would sacrifice his entire fortune to defeat President Bush, "if someone guaranteed it."[38] Soros gave $3 million to the Center for American Progress, $5 million to MoveOn.org, and $10 million to America Coming Together. These groups worked to support Democrats in the 2004 election. On September 28, 2004 he dedicated more money to the campaign and kicked off his own multi-state tour with a speech: Why We Must Not Re-elect President Bush[39] delivered at the National Press Club in Washington, DC. The online transcript to this speech received many hits after Dick Cheney accidentally referred to FactCheck.org as "factcheck.com" in the Vice Presidential debate, causing the owner of that domain to redirect all traffic to Soros's site.

The guy must be absolutely livid after wasting that much money. He's a real neurotic, no doubt about it.

Apocalypse
10-20-2010, 10:39 PM
A Repub majority House of R. should defund NPR. Let lefties support it.
You know as well as I do that, that is not going to happen. If they try, the left will scream that the right is trying to silence them and shoot freedom of speech.

I didn't know Much about Soros. Just what I hear on the news. So I looked up his bio.

Ya gotta laugh..

The guy must be absolutely livid after wasting that much money. He's a real neurotic, no doubt about it.

Thats the best you found?

There is this exchange between Soros and Steve Kroft on “60 Minutes”:

Kroft: “You’re a Hungarian Jew …”

Soros: “Mm-hmm.”

Kroft: “... who escaped the Holocaust …”

Kroft: “... by posing as a Christian.”

Soros: “Right.”

Kroft: “And you watched lots of people get shipped off to the death camps.”

Soros: “Right. I was 14 years old. And I would say that that’s when my character was made.”

Kroft: “In what way?”

Soros: “That one should think ahead. One should understand that—and anticipate events and when, when one is threatened. It was a tremendous threat of evil. I mean, it was a—a very personal threat of evil.”

Kroft: “My understanding is that you went … went out, in fact, and helped in the confiscation of property from the Jews.”

Soros: “Yes, that’s right. Yes.”

Kroft: “I mean, that’s—that sounds like an experience that would send lots of people to the psychiatric couch for many, many years. Was it difficult?”

Soros: “Not, not at all. Not at all. Maybe as a child you don’t … you don’t see the connection. But it was—it created no—no problem at all.”

Kroft: “No feeling of guilt?”

Soros: “No.”

Kroft: “For example, that, ‘I’m Jewish, and here I am, watching these people go. I could just as easily be these, I should be there.’ None of that?”

Soros: “Well, of course, ... I could be on the other side or I could be the one from whom the thing is being taken away. But there was no sense that I shouldn’t be there, because that was—well, actually, in a funny way, it’s just like in the markets—that is I weren’t there—of course, I wasn’t doing it, but somebody else would—would—would be taking it away anyhow. And it was the—whether I was there or not, I was only a spectator, the property was being taken away. So the—I had no role in taking away that property. So I had no sense of guilt.”

------

Soros's fortune was started with stolen Jew property.

Articulate_Ape
10-20-2010, 10:47 PM
You know as well as I do that, that is not going to happen. If they try, the left will scream that the right is trying to silence them and shoot freedom of speech.

Thats the best you found?

There is this exchange between Soros and Steve Kroft on “60 Minutes”:

Kroft: “You’re a Hungarian Jew …”

Kroft: “... who escaped the Holocaust …”

Kroft: “... by posing as a Christian.”

Soros: “Right.”

Soros: “Right. I was 14 years old. And I would say that that’s when my character was made.”

Soros: “That one should think ahead. One should understand that—and anticipate events and when, when one is threatened. It was a tremendous threat of evil. I mean, it was a—a very personal threat of evil.”

Kroft: “My understanding is that you went … went out, in fact, and helped in the confiscation of property from the Jews.”

Kroft: “I mean, that’s—that sounds like an experience that would send lots of people to the psychiatric couch for many, many years. Was it difficult?”

Soros: “Not, not at all. Not at all. Maybe as a child you don’t … you don’t see the connection. But it was—it created no—no problem at all.”

Kroft: “For example, that, ‘I’m Jewish, and here I am, watching these people go. I could just as easily be these, I should be there.’ None of that?”

Soros: “Well, of course, ... I could be on the other side or I could be the one from whom the thing is being taken away. But there was no sense that I shouldn’t be there, because that was—well, actually, in a funny way, it’s just like in the markets—that is I weren’t there—of course, I wasn’t doing it, but somebody else would—would—would be taking it away anyhow. And it was the—whether I was there or not, I was only a spectator, the property was being taken away. So the—I had no role in taking away that property. So I had no sense of guilt.”

------

Do you have a source for that exchange, Apocalypse? A link? That's some pretty damning shit.

Apocalypse
10-20-2010, 10:52 PM
Do you have a source for that exchange, Apocalypse? A link? That's some pretty damning shit.
http://www.sorosmonitor.com/absolutenm/templates/news.aspx?articleid=33&zoneid=1

There is far more at the link, and its not snipped down. The full transcript is sickening.

Odysseus
10-22-2010, 12:53 PM

------

I love how he said that his character was made. He learned that to survive, you aid and abet evil, without guilt. He is no different from the Kapos in the camps who enforced the SS' rules and were often more brutal than the guards. He can justify anything because his only criteria is his own benefit. The man is a monster, and he has bought the DNC through his various front groups.