PDA

View Full Version : NPR fires Juan Williams

American Pitbull
10-21-2010, 06:27 PM
NPR has eaten one of their own in the name of political correctness. Why? Well for stating a simple truth and giving his opinion.

The offending statement:
“When I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous.”

I usually get a smile when the left start etaing their own, but this was just another PC over-reaction that just made me shake my head. Sad, but not unexpected.

Michelle Malkin did a fair article about this on her website. (michellemalkin.com)

American Pitbull
10-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Check out Megyn Kelly rippin CAIR about this. :cool:

http://www.breitbart.tv/megyn-kelly-to-cair-exec-happy-now/

marv
10-21-2010, 07:20 PM
FOX just gave Williams a $2m contract...

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-juan-williams-20101022,0,4294425.story

Our politics may be poles apart, but the First Amendment lives...good for Juan!

Bubba Dawg
10-21-2010, 07:39 PM
I don't agree with Juan much, but I don't argue against his right to articulate his beliefs.

I think NPR really fired him becaus ehe appears on Fox News.

3rd-try
10-21-2010, 08:02 PM
The timing of the Soros influx into NPR smells a little bit also.

Bubba Dawg
10-21-2010, 08:14 PM
The timing of the Soros influx into NPR smells a little bit also.

Hadn't thought of that.....

jediab
10-22-2010, 09:48 AM
Also as was exposed on ORielly last night when Bill and Juan talked was before he was fired, Juan was the ONLY on air black male NPR had. Now they have none.

So by the lefts standards I guess that makes NPR racists then doesnt it?

lacarnut
10-22-2010, 11:53 AM
I do not give a shit that juan got fired from NPR. Fox giving him more of a voice pisses me off. Just what we need more liberal ideology from this turkey. Conservatives are plain stupid, and don't give me this fairness bullshit. Life is not fair, and he came out smelling like a rose with a big fat pay increase.

Rockntractor
10-22-2010, 12:04 PM
I do not give a shit that juan got fired from NPR. Fox giving him more of a voice pisses me off. Just what we need more liberal ideology from this turkey. Conservatives are plain stupid, and don't give me this fairness bullshit. Life is not fair, and he came out smelling like a rose with a big fat pay increase.

Juan is becoming increasingly more conservative, his common sense is overcoming his liberalism.

Just like Noonwitch!:D

lacarnut
10-22-2010, 12:27 PM
Juan is becoming increasingly more conservative, his common sense is overcoming his liberalism.
Just like Noonwitch!:D

Maybe more moderate but not conservative. He favors heath care and the mosque being built and he will vote for Obama or Hillary in 012. Conservatives need a balls to the wall attitude in defeating liberalism. Not half baked ideas. Juan is a liberal and that is not going to change. You are fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

AmPat
10-22-2010, 12:42 PM
He's a liberal. Not a liberal loon, but a liberal. I don't like that NPR is leftist yet gets Conservative tax dollars. NPR should have to compete just like the others. My bet is 6 months and bankrupt if NPR had to take their programming into the radio competition.

lacarnut
10-22-2010, 01:38 PM
He's a liberal. Not a liberal loon, but a liberal.

I do not see that much difference between the two. Both are for more taxes and bigger government. We are headed into the ditch with either one. Fox has just given him a platform for his liberal lite bs.

Molon Labe
10-22-2010, 03:19 PM
the firing is purely Political correctness gone overboard. .

lacarnut
10-22-2010, 04:09 PM

I just can not get too worked up over a leftist outfit like NPR firing a liberal. My compassionate conservative meter must be in the toliet today. :eek::)

American Pitbull
10-22-2010, 08:56 PM
Now I remember why I liked it here so much! Most everyone thinks like me... 'cept now I'm slow as hell in comparison.
:(

PoliCon
10-22-2010, 08:57 PM

Isn't that where it always goes? :confused:

Rockntractor
10-22-2010, 09:00 PM
Isn't that where it always goes? :confused:
That's what we have been trying to tell you!:rolleyes:

PoliCon
10-22-2010, 09:02 PM
That's what we have been trying to tell you!:rolleyes:

I 've never been a fan of political correctness. Common decency and courtesy - very much so - but not PC.

Rockntractor
10-22-2010, 09:05 PM
I 've never been a fan of political correctness. Common decency and courtesy - very much so - but not PC.

Oh yeah, why yes of course.:confused:

NJCardFan
10-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Maybe more moderate but not conservative. He favors heath care and the mosque being built and he will vote for Obama or Hillary in 012. Conservatives need a balls to the wall attitude in defeating liberalism. Not half baked ideas. Juan is a liberal and that is not going to change. You are fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

He is liberal, yes, but watching him host The Factor last night, I think he's beginning to see the forest for the trees.

3rd-try
10-29-2010, 01:00 PM
...I'm not a fan of Juan, but I find at least some reasoning (sometimes) with him. Now Alan Colms is a fucking freak job. Give him to NPR. He'd do well where nobody listens.

lacarnut
10-29-2010, 02:43 PM
He is liberal, yes, but watching him host The Factor last night, I think he's beginning to see the forest for the trees.

He is a stong proponent of Obamacare. So, he will always be in the woods as far as I am concerned.

Like I said, Juan getting a 2 mil dollar contract is not going to raise my sympathy meter up too high. I wish O'Reilly, Hannity, etc would quit their whinning. They have beaten this horse to death.

SaintLouieWoman
10-29-2010, 08:41 PM
...I'm not a fan of Juan, but I find at least some reasoning (sometimes) with him. Now Alan Colms is a fucking freak job. Give him to NPR. He'd do well where nobody listens.
I get almost physically ill seeing Alan C on any of the programs. I'll bet Hannity was extremely happy to have him off his show. At least once in a while, Juan is reasonable.