PDA

View Full Version : IATSE Union Member Fired for Wearing Bush Hat and Shirt

Odysseus
10-22-2010, 05:29 PM
by Derek Broes

Obama’s visit to Los Angeles today has stirred controversy even before he arrived:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN3ghUj3flY
—–
http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/dbroes/2010/10/22/iatse-stage-hand-union-member-fired-for-wearing-bush-hat-and-shirt/

A stage worker setting up the stage was fired for refusing to remove his hat and turn his sweatshirt inside out and the reason? The shirt hat and shirt both had the name “Bush” printed on them but not just any Bush but, that of George H.W. Bush.

The IATSE (Local 33) union fired the worker even after he explained the shirt to his bosses. The shirt didn’t explicitly support George H.W Bush but that of the aircraft carrier named after the former President and the aircraft carrier his son has served on for the past many years and is currently deployed. The union worker was interviewed on KTLA Channel 5 locally in Los Angeles.

The stage hand was identified as Duane Hammet and a distraught Hammet can be seen during his interview very distraught as his support for his son and his service becoming the center piece to his firing.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Now, I know that Arroyo and Wiblur will have trouble making the distinction between telling a civilian on a military installation not to wear a Che t-shirt and firing an employee for wearing a shirt that features the ship that his son is currently serving on, so I will explain. Che Guevara was a mass-murderer and avowed enemy of the United States. The USS George H.W. Bush is a United States Naval vessel. It is inappropriate to wear something that glorifies a mass-murdering thug on a United States Army installation. It is appropriate to wear a shirt commemorating one's son's service on the ship. Now, let the moral equivalency begin...

JB
10-22-2010, 05:44 PM
Reason number 45,497 why I despise unions.

Scumbags.

AmPat
10-22-2010, 07:04 PM
Aw yes, more of that vaunted tolerance quality we keep hearing about regarding liberals. :rolleyes:I wonder if Juan Williams still believes that is a liberal quality?

Rockntractor
10-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Reason number 45,497 why I despise unions.

Scumbags.

I want to see the entire list.:confused:

linda22003
10-22-2010, 08:36 PM
Are you going to include the part about the retraction and the apology he got, or not?

PoliCon
10-22-2010, 08:42 PM
WTF? :rolleyes: The retraction aside - it should never have happened.

linda22003
10-22-2010, 08:44 PM
It's true it shouldn't have happened, but it's dishonest to sweep the retraction and apology under the rug and not mention it.

Rockntractor
10-22-2010, 08:47 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/popcorn-pig1.jpg

PoliCon
10-22-2010, 08:48 PM
It's true it shouldn't have happened, but it's dishonest to sweep the retraction and apology under the rug and not mention it.

How many zero's were attached to that apology?

Still - the story is not the apology - but the fact that the union is so brazenly and blatantly in bed with the dems.

linda22003
10-22-2010, 08:49 PM
I don't know what that means.

PoliCon
10-22-2010, 08:55 PM
I don't know what that means. A lawyer who doesn't know about zero's attached to apologies?? :eek:

I mean : how much money did he get?

lacarnut
10-22-2010, 09:46 PM

The dunce at NPR did not personally apologize to him. Get your facts straight.

Dan D. Doty
10-22-2010, 10:30 PM
This week the American Left has shown everyone what they truly think of Free Speech; not much.

linda22003
10-23-2010, 09:10 AM
The dunce at NPR did not personally apologize to him. Get your facts straight.

It wasn't NPR, it was the union. Get YOURS straight.

linda22003
10-23-2010, 09:11 AM
A lawyer who doesn't know about zero's attached to apologies?? :eek:

I mean : how much money did he get?

The plural of zero is "zeroes". Do you think I'm a lawyer? Why?
He was apologized to by the union and reinstated. I don't know what they're working out for restitution.

PoliCon
10-23-2010, 10:28 AM
He was apologized to by the union and reinstated. I don't know what they're working out for restitution.

Nitpicker. :p I'll put' apostr'ophes whe're every I want. '''''':p

Rockntractor
10-23-2010, 10:36 AM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/popcorn-pig1.jpg

Odysseus
10-23-2010, 11:32 AM

At the time that I posted this, I was not aware that there had been a retraction and apology. Still, it should not have happened in the first place, and would not have happened if the union wasn't hostile to Republicans to the point where any mention of a former president is seen as an affront and arrogant enough to assume that they would get away it.

AmPat
10-23-2010, 02:10 PM

I believe he is trying to tell you that the main point was the firing. Specifically the Liberal Union firing of an employee because of their liberal agenda. The apology is a side show and not the main point. If you feel so strongly about this minmal point, start a thread about the apology. I'd bet that it wouldn't be nearly as interesting or newsworthy.

I'm reminded of a certain successful distraction story. The ultimate red herring:" If the glove does not fit, you must acquit." Yes ladies and gentlemen, look this way. My client is a cold blooded murderer, but the detective is much worse, why he's a RACIST!"

JB
10-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Are you going to include the part about the retraction and the apology he got, or not?Why not just update the thread and post a link to it instead of being your usual obnoxious self? Thanks for contributing.

I think I saw an "its" being used incorrectly on a thread in GD. You should check it out. :rolleyes:

MrsSmith
10-23-2010, 11:13 PM

Along with whatever else, if I were this guy, I'd demand the responsible supervisor include a paper written in his own hand...copying the First Amendment 1000 times.