PDA

View Full Version : Obama Underappreciation Syndrome

warpig
10-23-2010, 11:20 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/21/AR2010102104856.html?hpid=opinionsbox1

In an increasingly desperate attempt to develop a narrative for the coming Democratic collapse, the Democrats have indulged themselves in what for half a century they've habitually attributed to the American right -- the paranoid style in American politics. The talk is of dark conspiracies -- secret money, foreign influence, big corporations, with Karl Rove and, yes, Ed Gillespie lurking ominously behind the scenes. The only thing missing is the Halliburton-Cheney angle.

But after trotting out some of these charges with a noticeable lack of success, President Obama has come up with something new, something less common, something more befitting his stature and intellect. He's now offering a scientific, indeed neurological, explanation for his current political troubles. The electorate apparently is deranged by its anxieties and fears to the point where it can't think straight. Part of the reason "facts and science and argument does not seem to be winning the day all the time," he explained to a Massachusetts audience, "is because we're hard-wired not to always think clearly when we're scared. And the country is scared."

Opening a whole new branch of cognitive science -- liberal psychology -- Obama has discovered a new principle: The fearful brain is hard-wired to act befuddled, i.e., vote Republican.

But of course. Here Obama has spent two years bestowing upon the peasantry the "New Foundation" of a more regulated, socially engineered and therefore more humane society, and they repay him with recalcitrance and outright opposition. Here he gave them Obamacare, the stimulus, financial regulation and a shot at cap-and-trade -- and the electorate remains not just unmoved but ungrateful.

Faced with this truly puzzling conundrum, Dr. Obama diagnoses a heretofore undiscovered psychological derangement: anxiety-induced Obama Underappreciation Syndrome, wherein an entire population is so addled by its economic anxieties as to be neurologically incapable of appreciating the "facts and science" undergirding Obamacare and the other blessings their president has bestowed upon them from on high.

I have a better explanation. Better because it adheres to the ultimate scientific principle, Occam's Razor, by which the preferred explanation for any phenomenon is the one with the most economy and simplicity. And there is nothing simpler than the Gallup findings on the ideological inclinations of the American people. Conservative: 42 percent. Moderate: 35 percent. Liberal: 20 percent. No fanciful new syndromes or other elaborate fictions are required to understand that if you try to impose a liberal agenda on such a demonstrably center-right country -- a country that is 80 percent non-liberal -- you get a massive backlash.

AmPat
10-24-2010, 10:39 AM
Hmmm, what to be grate for?

I'm grateful for DIMS finding means to get unpopular legislation through by unconventional and unconstitutional ways.

I'm grateful DIMS find ways to dismiss and run home to avoid passing popular legislation.

I'm grateful the DIMS want us to pay thousands more dollars a year in taxes.

I'm grateful the economy has been stagnant (recession) for the longest period in US history.

I'm grateful that they have grown up solutions and ready answers to our economic woes like printing more money.

I'm grateful that the DIMS don't read or write the legislation they force on the American people,Legislation that they get paid to write but allow their special interest buddies to write; in fact don't know what's in it until it's passed so that we can all be surprised together.

I'm grateful for the comforting retort to our $3 trillion increase to our debt in two years. The one where they say; " but Bush increased it also." That makes it much better for me.

I'm grateful that the DIMS secured a supermajority in the Senate by whatever means available, including illegal. Afterall, there is nothing more important than eliminating the checks and balances in favor of using the government against the people.

I'll think some more on this, I'm sure there are many more things to be grateful for.
:cool:

warpig
10-24-2010, 12:07 PM
Hmmm, what to be grate for?

I'm grateful for DIMS finding means to get unpopular legislation through by unconventional and unconstitutional ways.

I'm grateful DIMS find ways to dismiss and run home to avoid passing popular legislation.

I'm grateful the DIMS want us to pay thousands more dollars a year in taxes.

I'm grateful the economy has been stagnant (recession) for the longest period in US history.

I'm grateful that they have grown up solutions and ready answers to our economic woes like printing more money.

I'm grateful that the DIMS don't read or write the legislation they force on the American people,Legislation that they get paid to write but allow their special interest buddies to write; in fact don't know what's in it until it's passed so that we can all be surprised together.

I'm grateful for the comforting retort to our $3 trillion increase to our debt in two years. The one where they say; " but Bush increased it also." That makes it much better for me.

I'm grateful that the DIMS secured a supermajority in the Senate by whatever means available, including illegal. Afterall, there is nothing more important than eliminating the checks and balances in favor of using the government against the people.

I'll think some more on this, I'm sure there are many more things to be grateful for.
:cool:

That's better...............:rolleyes: