PDA

View Full Version : Obama Books Entire Taj Mahal Hotel in Mumbai

Kay
10-24-2010, 12:24 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/10/24/entire-taj-mahal-hotel-reportedly-booked-obama-mumbai-visit/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fpolitics+%28Interna l+-+Politics+-+Text%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

Entire Taj Mahal Hotel Reportedly Booked for Obama Mumbai Visit

Published October 24, 2010
Fox News.com

President Obama's aides have booked the entire Taj Mahal hotel ahead of the president's high-profile visit to the Indian city rocked by a terrorist attack two years ago, The Economic Times reports.

The newspaper reported that the Obama administration has reserved all 570 rooms, as well as the hotel's restaurants, to ensure airtight security when the president and first lady Michelle Obama visit Mumbai early next month. Dozens of other rooms have been booked elsewhere in the city.

The Times reported that downtown Mumbai will be under heavy security while the president is in town -- the first leg of a broader Asian trip. In addition, U.S. naval and Indian ships reportedly will patrol the waterfront outside the hotel to guard against any attacks.

The Taj Mahal hotel was the scene of a three-day battle between Indian commandos and terrorists who stormed the luxurious Mumbai landmark as part of their deadly rampage through the city in November 2008. The restored hotel reopened in August.

---------------------------------------

Great stimulation package for India's economy. Is this elaborate trip to an already friendly country really necessary right now? I do think it's a good show of triumph over terrorism for him to stay at that particular hotel, and I fully support making it 100% secure where ever our POTUS stays when he is traveling over seas. But my gosh! What impeccable timing the Obamas seem to have for stimulating overseas economies rather than our own. I hope they enjoy the full run of this wonderful hotel on the backs of all us over burdened taxpayers. :mad::mad::mad:

AmPat
10-24-2010, 01:08 PM
Us Taxpayers forced to foot bill for out of touch Nacissistic president, O Blah Blah regime Books Entire Taj Mahal Hotel in Mumbai
I seem to recall the Libertards being upset that G-Dub booked a couple of floors of hotels upon occasion.

Starbuck
10-24-2010, 04:49 PM
...........In addition, U.S. naval and Indian ships reportedly will patrol the waterfront outside the hotel to guard against any attacks.........

Is that the Queen Mutha of all bad ideas, or what? They're, what, expecting an amphibious assault, or maybe a submarine is gonna sneak in? And what're they gonna do if the bad guys show up, shell the Taj Mahal Hotel!?:)

noonwitch
10-25-2010, 08:53 AM
Is that the Queen Mutha of all bad ideas, or what? They're, what, expecting an amphibious assault, or maybe a submarine is gonna sneak in? And what're they gonna do if the bad guys show up, shell the Taj Mahal Hotel!?:)

It means no one is going to get close enough to the Taj Mahal Hotel to be able to do anything like that.