PDA

View Full Version : Barack and Michelle's Mumbai darshan plans

Rockntractor
10-24-2010, 08:20 PM
US President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle will be extremely busy in Mumbai, upon landing on November 6 for a two day India visit. As the world’s most powerful man and his wife zip around the city visiting the 26/11 memorial on Marine Drive, the National Centre for Performing Arts (NCPA), Mani Bhawan and other locations in south Mumbai, the security obviously will be water-tight .

Adding to the Obamas’ busy schedule is Michelle’s likely visit to Kamathipura, where she will meet commercial sex workers on the invitation of an NGO. The highprofile visit is likely to inconvenience the citizens, as there could be a complete clampdown on traffic on some main roads of south Mumbai and sanitisation of buildings flanking them.
The Obamas will stay at the Taj Mahal Hotel, and his itinerary practically means Marine Drive will be shut for vehicular traffic on the day of the President’s visit, while buildings flanking it will be sanitised with security personnel manning them until Obama has left the place. Same would be the case with Obama’s visit to Mani Bhawan and Michelle going to Kamathipura.

An officer with the security establishment said, “Several other arterial roads in south Mumbai will also see restricted traffic movement, with tight security all around. The Obamas are not expected to schedule any engagements in the night due to security reasons.”
MO>http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics/nation/Barack-and-Michelles-Mumbai-darshan-plans/articleshow/6797379.cms

She gunna hang with the ho's.

Odysseus
10-24-2010, 08:56 PM
MO>http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics/nation/Barack-and-Michelles-Mumbai-darshan-plans/articleshow/6797379.cms

She gunna hang with the ho's.

How much different can it be from hanging out with politicians? :D

Rockntractor
10-24-2010, 08:59 PM
How much different can it be from hanging out with politicians? :D

No climax.

PoliCon
10-24-2010, 09:33 PM
No climax.

As if anyone would wanna climax with a wookie . . . .:rolleyes:

hoplophobe
10-25-2010, 02:38 PM
The hotel they are staying at is the one terrorists attacked recently. They might want to stay somewhere else.

PoliCon
10-25-2010, 07:06 PM
The hotel they are staying at is the one terrorists attacked recently. They might want to stay somewhere else.

staying in? Try taking over. Over 500 rooms and they will be the only people staying there. :rolleyes:

Odysseus
10-25-2010, 07:40 PM

Anyone want to bet that they don't visit the Jewish center that the terrorists also attacked?

PoliCon
10-25-2010, 08:27 PM
Anyone want to bet that they don't visit the Jewish center that the terrorists also attacked? No bet. :p

hoplophobe
11-02-2010, 12:18 PM
http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/us-to-spend-200-mn-a-day-on-obama-s-mumbai-visit-64106
A report says it will cost us $200 million a day to have him and his posse over there. If he is there for 2 days like the story earlier said that comes to $400 million not including the money spent before and after he leaves.

What is the purpose of this trip again?

Odysseus
11-02-2010, 12:25 PM
http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/us-to-spend-200-mn-a-day-on-obama-s-mumbai-visit-64106
A report says it will cost us $200 million a day to have him and his posse over there. If he is there for 2 days like the story earlier said that comes to $400 million not including the money spent before and after he leaves.

Aside from having Michelle hang with the hos?

What's amazing is not just how much they are spending, but on what. Staying at the Taj Mahal, for example, which is a universal symbol of oppulence and excess, is like something a late-night comic would come up with, but these people are beyond parody.

Milly
11-02-2010, 12:46 PM
And here I thought they were setting up a government in exile. You mean they're coming back? :(

lacarnut
11-02-2010, 01:11 PM

Seems like a good spot to me.:rolleyes:

fettpett
11-02-2010, 04:04 PM
WHY do they need 500 people? I understand security and staff that need to go with them, but 500? give me a fucking break.

bet half of them are to make Michelle presentable to the Indian people...

PoliCon
11-02-2010, 04:25 PM
WHY do they need 500 people? I understand security and staff that need to go with them, but 500? give me a fucking break.

I heard it was 3000.

SaintLouieWoman
11-02-2010, 08:13 PM
I heard it was 3000.

That's what I heard on local radio. They were speculating it's the Obamas trying to "get their's". Has any other president spent so lavishly? Can you imagine the trips they'll be taking on the American taxpayers' backs before they're turned out of office?

Rockntractor
11-02-2010, 08:15 PM
If we would have had control of the house I wonder if we could have blocked the funding for his party trip?

Teddy Kennedy
11-02-2010, 08:20 PM
If we would have had control of the house I wonder if we could have blocked the funding for his party trip?

Probably not. We're still a bit too squishy.

Odysseus
11-02-2010, 10:13 PM
And here I thought they were setting up a government in exile. You mean they're coming back? :(
Of course they are coming back. If they tried to stay, India would declare war.

It'll take more than that.

That's what I heard on local radio. They were speculating it's the Obamas trying to "get their's". Has any other president spent so lavishly? Can you imagine the trips they'll be taking on the American taxpayers' backs before they're turned out of office?
This is apparently the most lavish presidential trip ever. Which, when you consider some of the previous presidential trips, becomes even more of an absurd boondoggle. Think of Nixon going to China, Roosevelt at Yalta, Reagan's summits with Gorbachev, Andropov and Chernenko, even Wilson's attempt to broker the Versailles conference. These were all weighty events that enhanced the prestige of the United States, rather than looking like slackers on a publicity binge.

This is what investigative committees are for. :D

fettpett
11-03-2010, 12:55 AM
I heard it was 3000.

i heard 500 on the radio, then 3000 on TV and figured they were exaggerating...

Constitutionally Speaking
11-03-2010, 02:58 AM

The purpose is to avoid having to deal with the results of the election for a while.

Hawkgirl
11-03-2010, 10:31 AM
staying in? Try taking over. Over 500 rooms and they will be the only people staying there. :rolleyes:

they are going to stimulate India's economy with that entourage...too bad they can't do the same here....

obx
11-03-2010, 11:46 AM

Cow shit is sacred in much of India. I sure he has many followers there.

PoliCon
11-03-2010, 01:41 PM
they are going to stimulate India's economy with that entourage...too bad they can't do the same here....

and he wants to talk about wasting money. :rolleyes:

Milly
11-04-2010, 10:32 AM
http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/us-to-spend-200-mn-a-day-on-obama-s-mumbai-visit-64106What is the purpose of this trip again?

To take one heck of vacation on the taxpayers' dime while he still can.

Actually, wouldn't this make a good poll question? :D

Odysseus
11-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Cow shit is sacred in much of India. I sure he has many followers there.

No, it's cattle that are sacred there. Here, cattle are only sacred if they are unionized and follow the herders to the polls every November.

ironhorsedriver
11-04-2010, 02:19 PM
And now we find he's taking 38 warships, including a carrier, for off shore protection. Also, the military is building a 1 mile tunnel so he can visit Ghandi's museum. Seems there are tall buildings people can shoot from.
Now, I can see a frigate or two offshore, but an entire carrier battle group, plus. The shear logistics of taking them off station, even in the gulf, is mind boggling. But it is for the one!

Odysseus
11-04-2010, 06:04 PM
And now we find he's taking 38 warships, including a carrier, for off shore protection. Also, the military is building a 1 mile tunnel so he can visit Ghandi's museum. Seems there are tall buildings people can shoot from.
Now, I can see a frigate or two offshore, but an entire carrier battle group, plus. The shear logistics of taking them off station, even in the gulf, is mind boggling. But it is for the one!

Do these guys even understand what the military is for? Pelosi saw the Air Force as her own private airline, the repeal of DADT is entirely about using the military as a wedge to get approval for gay marriage, and a means to purge the armed forces of people who might not approve of the change, and now the Navy is Obama's private security service.

Could leftists be any more cluelsess?

PoliCon
11-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Do these guys even understand what the military is for? Pelosi saw the Air Force as her own private airline, the repeal of DADT is entirely about using the military as a wedge to get approval for gay marriage, and a means to purge the armed forces of people who might not approve of the change, and now the Navy is Obama's private security service.

Could leftists be any more cluelsess?:eek:Do you really want an answer to that question? :D