PDA

View Full Version : Police:4 Babies Born Alive,then Killed,by Pa. Mom

megimoo
10-25-2010, 02:47 PM
Police:4 Babies Born Alive,then Killed,by Pa. Mom

READING, Pa. - October 25, 2010 -- A Pennsylvania mother is charged with homicide after authorities studying 5 sets of infant remains concluded that at least four babies were born alive and then killed.

Authorities say 44-year-old Michele Kalina of Reading conceived the babies through an extramarital affair with a man unaware of her pregnancies.

They say the nurse's aide also bore a daughter with him who was given up for adoption in 2003.

Public defender Holly Feeney declined comment after Kalina's arraignment Monday.....She is being held on $5 million bail.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=7743929
Michele Kalina Allegedly Kills 5 Infants

Details are still coming forth on a woman who is thought to have killed at least 5 infants. Michele Kalina, 44, of Reading, Pennsylvania has been in jail for several months on charges dealing with abuse of corpses.

Kalina's daughter Elizabeth went to the police in July. The boyfriend of Michele Kalina has also been interrogated but his name is being withheld. The remains of 4 babies were found in the closet of Michele Kalina.
Bodies of 3 babies were found in plastic containers while a 4th was found in a paper bag. Yet a 5th body was found in a landfill in New Morgan.

Forensic pathologist, Dr. Neil Hoffman, said that the deaths were a result of violence. The DNA tests revealed that the babies were conceived by Michele Kalina and her (unnamed) boyfriend. It is not yet known whether all 5 babies were live born. The investigation is continuing.

She is being held on $5 million bail.

5 Infants Dead. Reading Pa Woman to Be Charged with Homicide - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com
Pa. Mom Charged with Homicide over Infant Bones

A Pennsylvania mother is charged with homicide after authorities studying five sets of infant remains concluded that at least four babies were born alive and then killed.

Authorities say 44-year-old nurse's aide Michele Kalina of Reading conceived them through an extramarital affair with a man unaware of her pregnancies.

They say Kalina also bore a daughter given up for adoption in 2003.

Public defender Holly Feeney declined comment after Kalina's arraignment Monday.

Kalina and her husband have a teenage daughter and had a 13-year-old son who died in 2000.Police say her daughter and husband found the infant remains in a closet, some in concrete and some in a plastic cooler.
She is being held on $5 million bail.

Pa. mom charged with homicide over infant bones | Associated Press | The Times Leader, Wilkes-Barre, PA
2 Babies bodies found in closet - Michele Kalina - Reading PA

Neighbors are in disbelief as they learn someone who they saw every day is in custody for allegedly hiding the remains of two babies in her closet.
SNIP
"Two weeks ago they pulled something out," said Emily Perez, whose aunt
lives across the hall from Kalina's first floor apartment in a high-rise
building in the 700 block of Court Street in Reading.

"The coroner came, pulled the stretcher out with a wooden box with a plastic container.

"On July 29, Berks County detectives said they found in Kalina's closet the remains of two babies that could be anywhere from 20 weeks in gestation to almost a month old. . "We were upset," said Perez. "We were waiting for two weeks.

We were asking, but no one would give us any answers or anything. That's your neighbors."Perez said she saw Kalina almost every day and that she never really had any visitors."I don't know how they could do that to their child," said Perez.Other people in the building said they had no idea.

Kalina worked for Interim Health Care, a senior home care medical staffing
company, which had no comment on her arrest or how long she worked
there.

But on the streets, people have their own perspectives."It's
just scary because I try to protect my kids the best that I can and you
should be happy that God's giving you kids," said Beatrice Medero.

Investigators still won't say how or why Kalina had the remains or whether the bodies were related to her.Kalina is being held on $5 million bail.

2 Babies bodies found in closet - Michele Kalina - Reading PA

Gingersnap
10-25-2010, 03:27 PM
The French seem to do this quite a bit for some reason. Clearly, something other than normal fear/rejection was at work here.

noonwitch
10-25-2010, 03:36 PM
Why didn't she just get her tubes tied? It would have made her life much easier.

Gingersnap
10-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Why didn't she just get her tubes tied? It would have made her life much easier.

Probably because she'd have to explain it to her husband. If they lost a child, he might have still been holding on to the hope of having another child before it was too late.

MrsSmith
10-25-2010, 06:58 PM
There had to have been at least a thousand better ways to handle this than kill the babies. :mad:

NJCardFan
10-25-2010, 11:16 PM
There are actually those on the left who believe this should be legal.

PoliCon
10-25-2010, 11:20 PM
I'm supposed to believe that someone had an affair? with THIS:

http://images.brisbanetimes.com.au/2010/10/26/2007649/Michele-Kalina-420x0.jpg

Rockntractor
10-25-2010, 11:24 PM

Demon liquor!:eek:

noonwitch
10-26-2010, 09:27 AM

Crazy women=wild, crazy sex.

That's my theory, anyways, after working in CFS for 23 years. I've seen it a thousand times, crazy but ugly woman has kids by 4 or 5 different men, and at least one or two of the men are fairly normal. It's got to be about the sex.

CueSi
10-26-2010, 02:10 PM
Crazy women=wild, crazy sex.

That's my theory, anyways, after working in CFS for 23 years. I've seen it a thousand times, crazy but ugly woman has kids by 4 or 5 different men, and at least one or two of the men are fairly normal. It's got to be about the sex.

Noon's right.

My ex had a propensity toward unbalanced women. I've been the sanest one in the bunch. Once, a cop who had to release him over a bogus kidnapping charge had this warning for him, "Son, crazy pussy'll kill ya. The sex is great, but they'll kill ya."

~QC