PDA

View Full Version : Hacker proves Chinese gymnast is underage

OwlMBA
08-21-2008, 11:25 AM
A determined U.S. computer expert has delved into cached pages on the Internet to unearth Chinese official documents showing a gymnast who took gold in the uneven bars competition, edging the U.S.'s Nastia Liukin, may indeed be underage.

Controversy over whether He Kexin is under the minimum age of 16 has surrounded her participation in the Beijing Olympics. The latest challenge over the age of the tiny Olympian comes from the discovery through a cyberspace maze of Chinese official documents listing her date of birth.

She may not look as if she has reached the minimum competing age of 16, but China said her passport, issued in February, gives her birthday as Jan. 1, 1992. The International Olympic Committee said proof from her passport is good enough.

The latest unofficial investigation was carried out by computer security expert for the Intrepidus Group, whose site, Stryde Hax, revealed a detailed forensic search for He’s age.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,407803,00.html

No duh.

OwlMBA
08-21-2008, 11:28 AM
As a fellow Google hacker, I can tell you this guy (and his supporters) know their stuff.

Seems pretty cut and dry to me. Official Chinese documents show this girl as 14 years old.

Will those ball-less fruitcakes that the IOC do anything about it? Of course not. They are still spending the Chinese bribe money.

Here is the researchers blog

http://strydehax.blogspot.com/

Chuck58
08-21-2008, 12:19 PM
Bela Karolyi was going on about those Chinese gymnasts almost from the day he saw them. He wasn't pulling any punches about what he thought their ages were, either. He also didn't cut any slack about what he considered the lousy judging.

In fact, a lot of the commentators were making the same comments, it's just that he was a bit more animated and outspoken.

jinxmchue
08-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Is anyone surprised? Hell, no! What will surprised us is if the Chinese cheating assholes are (1) stripped of their medals and (2) banned from future Olympics.

Eyelids
08-21-2008, 02:03 PM
Is anyone surprised? Hell, no! What will surprised us is if the Chinese cheating assholes are (1) stripped of their medals and (2) banned from future Olympics.

Stripped of their medals is reasonable, banning China from future Olympics is not.

Teetop
08-21-2008, 02:08 PM
Stripped of their medals is reasonable, banning China from future Olympics is not.

You are as dense as depleted uranium. He meant the atheletes, eyeshit.

ralph wiggum
08-21-2008, 02:08 PM

I believe my friend Jinx meant that the athletes themselves should not be able to compete in future Olympics, not the entire country.

SaintLouieWoman
08-21-2008, 02:18 PM
It's ironic that the Chinese talk about honor and then act so dishonorably. Remember, it's the land of the lead-paint toys exported all over the world.

4jacks
08-21-2008, 02:25 PM
I really do hope they disqualify all the chinese gymnist.

I don't understand something, someone please educate me.

Why is being younger (14) an advantage in gymnastics? I don't know anything about gymnastics, but I would assume that a 16yo has had more time training, and is physically stronger and a better athlete. Honestly women hit thier peak physical prime at around 18. So why isn't an 18 year old gymnist assumed to be better?

A they judge for being flat chested and pre-puberty? I really don't understand.

Space Gravy
08-21-2008, 02:29 PM
I can't believe how people have gotten so worked up over China's anorexic, growth hormone deficient midgets beating our anorexic, growth hormone deficient midgets.

Teetop
08-21-2008, 02:32 PM
I can't believe how people have gotten so worked up over China's anorexic, growth hormone deficient midgets beating our anorexic, growth hormone deficient midgets.

LMAO!

Good way of putting it.

Chuck58
08-21-2008, 02:36 PM
I really do hope they disqualify all the chinese gymnist.

I don't understand something, someone please educate me.

Why is being younger (14) an advantage in gymnastics? I don't know anything about gymnastics, but I would assume that a 16yo has had more time training, and is physically stronger and a better athlete. Honestly women hit thier peak physical prime at around 18. So why isn't an 18 year old gymnist assumed to be better?

A they judge for being flat chested and pre-puberty? I really don't understand.

Bela Karolyi explained it. Younger kids don't feel the stress and pressure like older kids or adults. Less pressure or stress = better able to focus on routine.

Junebug68
08-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Bela Karolyi explained it. Younger kids don't feel the stress and pressure like older kids or adults. Less pressure or stress = better able to focus on routine.

Plus, they're more flexible and less likely to have a history of injury. I soooo hope they disqualify her for being too young - Nastia should have won anyway.

megimoo
08-22-2008, 07:36 PM
It's ironic that the Chinese talk about honor and then act so dishonorably. Remember, it's the land of the lead-paint toys exported all over the world.
Why are you suprised ?Those critters would steal the pennys from a dead mans eyes !They lifted our warhead Mirv design data and had partial plans to our AWAC'S !

Goldwater
08-22-2008, 07:58 PM
Plus, they're more flexible and less likely to have a history of injury.

:D

They don't have a history to start with.

Odysseus
08-22-2008, 10:20 PM

That's part of it. Another is the physics of gymnastics. Having a lower center of gravity is an advantage. The taller you are, the harder it is to do the routines, which is why most gymnasts at that level are much shorter than average, Nastia Lukin being the exception. Younger gymnasts tend to be smaller, and have a higher percentage of muscle on their frames than older ones. Also, as stated above, they are more flexible, have fewer injuries and recover from them faster.

Chuck58
08-23-2008, 03:18 PM
That's part of it. Another is the physics of gymnastics. Having a lower center of gravity is an advantage. The taller you are, the harder it is to do the routines, which is why most gymnasts at that level are much shorter than average, Nastia Lukin being the exception. Younger gymnasts tend to be smaller, and have a higher percentage of muscle on their frames than older ones. Also, as stated above, they are more flexible, have fewer injuries and recover from them faster.

Karolyi mentioned all that, too, if I remember. We were too busy laughing to really hear it all. The guy ought to have his own show. Talk about getting worked up.

I do like the way he didn't pull any punches, calling them as he saw them. It's refreshing to find somebody who doesn't try to make excuses when a routine is done poorly, or lays it on the line in regards his thoughts on the Chinese female gymnasts.

jinxmchue
08-23-2008, 04:02 PM
I believe my friend Jinx meant that the athletes themselves should not be able to compete in future Olympics, not the entire country.

Oh, no. If it's found, as it is suspected, that the Chinese government helped with this deception, the country should be banned, at least for a while.

jinxmchue
08-23-2008, 04:03 PM

It is reasonable if the government helped with the deception, which is very, very likely.

GrumpyOldLady
08-23-2008, 07:14 PM
I saw on the TV news that at least one of those alleged 16 year olds had just lost a baby tooth during the Olympics. :rolleyes: 16 year olds don't have baby teeth. Heck - neither do 12 year olds. Those little girls have GOT to be 10-12 years old.

jinxmchue
08-24-2008, 07:08 PM
It is reasonable if the government helped with the deception, which is very, very likely.

Yeah, I knew that'd shut Eyelids' pie hole.